Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 7:40:34 PM EDT
Friend of mine got off the phone with his friend that was down there (one up by PIR) said a guy was shooting with some friends and walked up to the counter to buy some more ammo when his friends were tapping on the glass saying "hurry up" or along the lines of that, so the guy put the handgun up to his own head and pulled the trigger. *BANG*

Thats all I heard. Might be something in the newspaper about it soon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that is terible. I'll make sure to stay up for the news.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Friend of mine got off the phone with his friend that was down there (one up by PIR) said a guy was shooting with some friends and walked up to the counter to buy some more ammo when his friends were tapping on the glass saying "hurry up" or along the lines of that, so the guy put the handgun up to his own head and pulled the trigger. *BANG*

Thats all I heard. Might be something in the newspaper about it soon.

Rule number one TREAT EVERY GUN AS IF IT'S LOADED!

Dumb Ass.

What the the hell was he doing off the line with a loaded weapon?

Edited to say I wasted post 556 on this fool.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
doubt it will make the news.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn I thought something like that had happened  
I was down there tonight and was surprised that they were closed early.  The lady that works there came out and said that they closed early to do some cleaning, judging by her tone and the look on her face told you something just wasn't right, even mentioned to my father that I thought someone commited suicide in there(it really sucks being right sometimes).  What a worthless, selfish scumbag to do such a thing in front of those nice people.  

I hope those that were forced to witness will know that it wasn't their fault and are able to get past the trauma of it.  I think I'll head down there tomorrow to see if there doing alright.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Not the first time such a thing has happened, but F.  

PTSC in Clackamas initiated a rule that you can't rent a handgun unless you bring a working one to shoot after the suicide on their range.  After all, why bother renting a gun to kill yourself if you already have one?

So sad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#7]
That is a very sad and terrible story. I heard about something tragic like that recently. A guy took his girlfriend to the range to teachher how to shoot, he was standing behind her and helping her aim and so forth. I guess some how or another the gun she was shooting had so much kick for her that her hands flew up and the bullet went right into the guys head. And he died. I still haven't figured out how that could happen but the story came from a reliable source. Very sad!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Who cares, retard wanted to ofF himself, I feel bad for the shop though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is a very sad and terrible story. I heard about something tragic like that recently. A guy took his girlfriend to the range to teachher how to shoot, he was standing behind her and helping her aim and so forth. I guess some how or another the gun she was shooting had so much kick for her that her hands flew up and the bullet went right into the guys head. And he died. I still haven't figured out how that could happen but the story came from a reliable source. Very sad!

Something like this happened while I was living in Seattle a few years ago.  Wades guns store in Bellevue (across lake from Seattle) had a church group in using the range and someone was using a .44.  Recoil made the pistol raise up and over their head and the fired again behind them killing someone.  If I remember right, it was a head shot as well.

Only thing good from this tragic suicide story is he didn't take anyone with him...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
it happens more often than you might think...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The Place to Shoot has had this happen before.  People that want to commit suicide will.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The Place to Shoot has had this happen before.  People that want to commit suicide will.

BUT, according to my dingbat co-worker, if they don't have a gun, they wont.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok update: Person spent 3 hours shooting, purchased 350 rounds of ammo.. Shot 349 and save the last for himself. He didn't do it at the counter, it was done on the firing line.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUT, according to my dingbat co-worker, if they don't have a gun, they wont.

Has your co-worker heard of gravity, pills, cars, knives, making pictures of WS4LIF with handbags....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
a guy did it at one of the ranges that uses the compressed copper 'clean' rounds...  not a quick job from what I hear.  for sure, research ammo befor you try that.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:30:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ok update: Person spent 3 hours shooting, purchased 350 rounds of ammo.. Shot 349 and save the last for himself. He didn't do it at the counter, it was done on the firing line.

Whew its good you made it out safe and he didnt shoot you as well.  Is this heresay from someone else who heard it from someone?  (not trying to be a jerk, just wondering)

Begh makes me want to keep away from ranges.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whew its good you made it out safe and he didnt shoot you as well.  Is this heresay from someone else who heard it from someone?  (not trying to be a jerk, just wondering)

Begh makes me want to keep away from ranges.

Yeah it was hearsay, Friend of a Friend of a Co-worker frst. Then last night it was friend (guy that was down there) of a co-worker.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I heard it on the radio - not urban legend.

IMO - if you want to get off the roller coaster, fine.  But why make Julie and team clean up your f***ing grey matter off her floor?  That place has a hard enough time making ends meet without having to close early to mop up gore.

I wonder if the guy was just being a tool and 'playing' with a weapon?  Someone swing by and get the scoop from Julie...  Oh, wait - I work 5 miles from them - I'll do it.

[rant]If you're going to handle a weapon - treat it with the respect it deserves.  If you're going to end it all - good bye cruel world - don't bring total strangers into your messed up little reality.
[/rant/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top