Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2005 6:19:52 AM EDT

I finally got my trophy blacktail buck.  He's not a 20" buck but he'll score good (hopefully).  Just got back last nite and boy am I whooped.  7 miles in with a 65lb pack to camp. 7 miles out with a 100lb pack. 2 full days of hoofiing it around and then I ended up spotting this one and another within 1 mile of our camp. My buddy took his first ever buck 10 minutes before this one out of the same group.  It was a 19 3/4" wide 4x4.  I'm not sure as to why my buck stuck around, but after we were done back slapping and hand shaking on his we looked further across the flat and spotted mine in the trees.  We had about 5 minutes of shooting light left and I almost did not shoot becuase of not being certain of how wide he was.  Kinda stretchy on the range, but I had a good rest and he went down on the first round.  The next day we put the LRF on it and it was only 360, so not too bad.  Going to the taxadermist on Friday!  

The country

My buddy's first

Mine!

Link Posted: 11/2/2005 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Harvest time!!!!!!

Nice shot, BTW.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
[cartman]KICK ASS!!![/cartman]

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, talk about buried deep.  You guys should IM me if I miss these.  Petagunner congratulations, that's an awesome BUCK! w00t!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
  Outstanding job Peta!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#7]
[hippie mode]So you like what?  Just went out and killed these living breathing creatures?  How could you!? [/hippie mode]

Good shootin!   Thats quite a rack you have there.  Almost as good as Unka Boo's.

Mark.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice bucks, congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top