Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2003 4:52:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know if they are still working the pit at Browns Camp?  I'd like to go out there, but it's about a sixty mile trip from my place.

Thanks

Hoppy
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I was up last Sunday and all the equipment was gone. Looks like we're back in business.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was up last Sunday and all the equipment was gone. Looks like we're back in business.

This is good news.  I belong to a club, but it's paper targets only.  I like to bring various things to the pit to put holes in besides paper.  I'm carefull to always pack my stuff out and usually fill a trash bag with other folks stuff too.  If they've been recently working it, it should be pretty clean now.

Thanks.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There was already a tv set down there and a bunch of other junk. That's the one thing that well get us shut down is the amount of junk left by people. It's getting out of hand. Thanks for doing your part. What day are you going up there. I've got some Tannerite. I have a company picnic on Saturday but might stop down on Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What day are you going up there. I've got some Tannerite. I have a company picnic on Saturday but might stop down on Sunday.

If I go it will be Monday morning.  

Hoppy
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is Brown camp quarry? I went to a small pit up molalla forest road last weekend. Always looking to shoot. PS...I'd be happy to pitch in on some tannerite!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Brown's Camp is off Hwy 6 in the Coast Range about 20 mins. from Forest Grove. My dad's in town this weekend so we well more than likely be up there Sunday. We WILL have Tannerite. Check Place's To Shoot Post for more info on how to get up there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
went today.  nice weather.

might head up there tomorrow.  

decided it was time to leave when i noticed that some dudes were drinking beer and shooting.  fuck that.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You must have just missed us. We were up there till around 12:30, 1:00. When we left there was a couple of younger families there with kids shooting mostly .22's and shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
damn it BANG!  i'll meet you up there some day!

blue ford ranger, right?  

when I got there there was a family with a lever action .22 and some younger guys with a 22-250 that was pretty damn cool :D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top