Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/23/2003 7:09:41 AM EDT
Hope the weather holds out!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:22:55 PM EDT
Sunday??? Tell me more!! Is it Practical rifle? Or is it differant??
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:31:06 PM EDT
No, not practical rifle. This is a tactical match where you use three guns, a pistol, a shotgun, and a pistol caliber carbine. Very fun!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:29:17 PM EDT
Is it in the gravel pit? What if I dont have a pistol cal carbine? Will there be drawing from the holster? They have been kind of picky about that in the "Pit".

The Pig!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:25:34 PM EDT
you need to be certified for the tactical range or be a LEO to compete in the tactical matches.

if you don't have a pistol caliber carbine you cna use your pistol; no rifle caliber carbines.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:07:04 PM EDT
I have more questions...
does one have to be a member of the Tri county club to get certified?
How much does getting certified cost?
why do I not have a pistol cal. carbine yet?
Why is Pvt. Pile not allowed to eat Jelly Doughnuts?

The Pig.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:25:42 AM EDT
yeah - if you are a member, you get a little sticker for you badge so you can use those pits in the back.

i think that you have to be a member, unlike IPSC where the class is $35 for non-members and free to members.

look at it this way, you need an excuse to be a member and you need an excuse to buy a pistol caliber carbine. I've been wanting one of those sub-2000s. Esp since they are in the new and improved assault Weapon's ban that is being introduced (it will never make it out of committee)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
Gackman, How much are the membership dues at Tri County?

M-60, How's it goin? Want to go shooting soon? Maybee within the next couple of weeks?

Have a great Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:46:28 AM EDT
The match was great! 2 pistol only stages, 1 carbine and shotgun slug, 1 shotgun and pistol and 1 shotgun, carbine and pistol stage. You do not need to be a member of Tri County to attend, but you must be certified. Don't know what it costs to certify as I was certified via the cowboy wild bunch certification which is also accepted. I can get you the number of the match director if you so desire. To join Tri County is somewhat expensive: $175 initiation fee (one time only) and $120 dues per year. They do prorate the dues. Ex: I joined half way through the year so paid the 175 plus 60 dues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:46:56 AM EDT
Tracker my man!! Yeah I'm up for it. I work on weekends but we can go in the morning as long as I'm back by say... 13:00hrs. I have just ordered some new mags for my SAR3 and a Red Star Arms firing group. Can't wait to try 'em out. I also have a new .17HMR leveraction that is kind of fun to shoot.

Let me know.

See ya!

The Pig.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:01:32 PM EDT
BAH, Thanks for the dues information at Tri County. It is a little on the expensive side, but I would still like to check it out.

Maybee I will come watch a match some weekend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:07:46 PM EDT
M-60, That SAR-3 should be able to bump like a mother with that RSA FCG.

I converted my SLR-95 back to it's military configuration, and installed a G2 FCG. The Ironwood stock set really looks sharp.

I just picked up another case of 7.62, so it sounds we could have some fun. IM me so we can set up a time. I love the smell of gun powder in the morning!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:24:58 PM EDT
Tracker. You don't want to go to a practical rifle match to just watch. I made that mistake once. By the end of the day (I ended up keeping score) I wished I had paid my money and just shot the match. If you go, go to shoot. I want to use my SAR at a match once, just for fun. Damn I hate having a job! I do like getting paid though... Quite a Quinky dink, huh? I'm gonna ask for a membership at tri county for x'mas next year, and cross my fingers. I'll IM ya for a shootin time.

The Pig.

Top Top