Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone remember 3 bears guns. Lets see I have been and bought from NW armory nice guys nice shop. Keiths werent they out grasham way. I cant remember. Gun Broker is a bit high on some things. But if you work it he will deal. Speaking of gun shows anyone going to the Show in November its 21st to the 23rd Rose City gun collectors.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
3 Bears Guns used to be in Vancouver, WA. I bought my Glock from them.

Jim Rickie is still at Rickie's. Nice guy. Four lane shooting 50' pistol range right at the store.

Keith's won't let anyone carrying through the front door even with a CWP. Good prices, but that kind of stinks. It's not the CWP holders that he needs to worry about.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem has great selection. Not rock bottom pricing, but close. Extremely well stocked for reloading supplies - where else can you find the entire range of Weatherby brass in one place?

Shooter's Mercantile out on Silverton Rd. folded when Sportsman's came. They had a nice pistol range, but sold a lot of used junk.

Stout Stuff is a class 3 dealer located just behind K-Mart off of 25th. Dillon reloading equipment.

Zircon
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the little Philomath Gun Shop they have a lot of really great stuff at good prices.

Vogarms is pretty cool too, they don’t have too much in the way of selection and their prices are on the high side, but they do have some really cool stuff that nobody else seems to have. If you go there, make sure you deal with Wes the owner and not the other tird working there, real piece of shit. His name is Quin, he really likes to dazzle everyone with his Marine Corps exploits being in Force Recon for some time and then a Scout/Sniper too. Says he’s an E6 and he’s only been in for six years. There are such things as miracles but I don’t think the Marine Corps would waste one here.

MLC (?) in Salem is also pretty cool. Small store but they’re a C2 and have some real neat toys. Mic is a real no BS guy. They’re a Dillon Precision retailer.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
an E6 in 6 years uh?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
That’s what I thought too.

I’ll go in and tell him Happy Birthday on Monday, see what he does.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have info on

Valiant Arms (aka Valiant Firearms)
533 E Main St.
Cottage Grove, OR 97424

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
In the Portland area, I recomend The Phonex Armory in Oregon City.  They have lots of Black Guns, and build suppressors.  Good prices on ammo and accessories.  Also there is a Sportsmans Warehouse in Portland, off of 82 ave
Link Posted: 1/8/2004 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I live accross the river in Washington and I buy from Keith's and Brightwater Ventures in Vancouver.  Keith's has the best selection in the Portland area and the prices are a little lower than some of the other Portland area shops.  I get all my long guns from him.  Brightwater in Vancouver has the best prices in town.  They are always $50-100 less than anybody in Vancouver or Portland.  When I bought my Beretta 92FS, Brightwater was $100 less than anyone else.  

The only employee I don't care for at Keith's is the balding chubby fella with glasses.  He never gives you a straight answer.  The only time they will give you decent/good service is if you and maybe one or two other customers are in there.  Brightwater on the other hand always has great service and will answer all your questions and give you good advice.  It is a small shop but has a good selection and will order you just about anything.
Link Posted: 1/8/2004 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Have any of you guys been to the Sportsmans Warehouse on 82nd. Ave? Lot of cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/8/2004 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sportman's Warehouse on 82nd is a cool place to go if you are looking for an alternative to a place like GI Joe's.  They have pretty good prices and a large selection.  They were a little high on their pistol prices last time I was there.  That was when the place had just opened though.  I didn't check out any long gun prices.  Unlike GI Joe's they carry more than just hunting rifles and shotguns.  Great place to buy ammo also.
Link Posted: 1/11/2004 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I too have bought from Keith's 4 AR's and 4 handguns over the past couple of years.  Nice guy and his wife is also nice the other guys are not as personalable and i try to deal with keith when possible.  Good prices but they can be beat sometimes but not often.  And know your firearms before you go in, research on the internet if your not sure.  You will get burried in the crowd.

Keith's does not like to do FFL transfers said he would charge $70.00 so why not buy his so thats a negative point.  On my last AR purchase it was 2 weeks late because the war just started he took off about 30 bucks for my trouble.

Personally i would prefer to bullshit with the guys alittle so if keiths price can be matched which Fishermans in Janzen beach or NW armory will be glad to do i would do business with them instead.

For FFL transfers the guy in Verboort received a handgun for my brother in law and only charged him 25 bucks now before i buy any firearms i will check with him first just because he is willing to help everybody out and not be an asshole about it.  His name is Don not sure of his last name.

just a quick note about the gun room.  That old crotchity bastard has a son named shelby and way back when shelby was nice but had a grumpy side too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2004 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I too have bought from Keith's 4 AR's and 4 handguns over the past couple of years.  Nice guy and his wife is also nice the other guys are not as personalable and i try to deal with keith when possible.  Good prices but they can be beat sometimes but not often.  And know your firearms before you go in, research on the internet if your not sure.  You will get burried in the crowd.

Keith's does not like to do FFL transfers said he would charge $70.00 so why not buy his so thats a negative point.  On my last AR purchase it was 2 weeks late because the war just started he took off about 30 bucks for my trouble.

Personally i would prefer to bullshit with the guys alittle so if keiths price can be matched which Fishermans in Janzen beach or NW armory will be glad to do i would do business with them instead.

For FFL transfers the guy in Verboort received a handgun for my brother in law and only charged him 25 bucks now before i buy any firearms i will check with him first just because he is willing to help everybody out and not be an asshole about it.  His name is Don not sure of his last name.

just a quick note about the gun room.  That old crotchity bastard has a son named shelby and way back when shelby was nice but had a grumpy side too.

That little shop in Verboort is pretty good. I like all the guys I have met in there. ( two, I think ) They will order anything for you and they will answer your questions or just BS if they have time. They are pretty fair on handgun ammo.

I just don't remember the name of the shop...
Link Posted: 1/14/2004 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Can someone reccomend a good place in the Eugene area for Transfers? for a fiar price, Not $70! or a Place that stocks AR lowers for a fair price.
Link Posted: 1/15/2004 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Can someone reccomend a good place in the Eugene area for Transfers? for a fiar price, Not $70! or a Place that stocks AR lowers for a fair price.

The best I've been able to do so far is J&W Arms over in Springfield for $39 total.
Link Posted: 1/30/2004 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]

b:
"That little shop in Verboort is pretty good. I like all the guys I have met in there. ( two, I think ) They will order anything for you and they will answer your questions or just BS if they have time. They are pretty fair on handgun ammo.

"I just don't remember the name of the shop.."

That is Al's Guns.  Going in there is like entering a time warp; it is the typical small-town gunshop of the mid-20th century.  It is a great place to stand around and BS, dicker over the guns in the case, or order a gun at dealer price (they charge only $25 for this service).  Verboort is just north of Forest Grove.  On Hwy. 47 between Hwy. 26 & Forest Grove, you will find Verboort Road.  Turn east there and as you get into Verboort, look for the sign saying "GUNSHOP ==>".  Go up that road a couple blocks and look for the building with the weathered brown cedar siding & large front porch.  Great place, friendly people, decent prices.

As for H&K Guns in Forest Grove, the guy that runs that place is one of the best master gunsmiths on Mauser rifles in America.  If you want a Mauser build or work done on your Mauser, that is the place for it.

Another good place in Shooter's Service Center in NW Portland, on Hwy. 30.  They have a good selection of law enforcement stuff, pepper spray, bulbs & batteries for SureFire flashlights, batons, cuffs, knives, holsters, etc.  Good prices on most stuff, and knowledegable people behind the counter.

Revelation Arms in Aloha is hard to find, as it is a garage operation at the owner's house, not a regular storefront.   They are a gunsmith operation, but can get you Class III stuff if that is what you are looking for.  They do top-notch work at good prices with a quick turnaround.  They will not screw you.

And The Gun Room....  I called that asshole a few years ago and asked him if they had any SKSs.  He said he refused to sell them, because "some nutjob might buy one and go blow away a bunch of people".  I told him I was going to make sure as many gunowners as I could talk to would know about his bigotted impressions of SKS owners, and he cussed me out and hung up.  No self-respecting gunowner should spend a dime in that place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2004 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#16]
If you want a cheap FFL check out:

Robyn or Pat Church
Force Ten
Newberg, OR 97132
email: Click here to email me
phone: 503-554-5997

Hours: 10:00am-7:00pm Mon-Sat
Transfer fee: $9.00 state plus $6.00 $15 total
Link Posted: 2/17/2004 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, they have a Stinger lower down there waiting for me when the get back from SHOT (tomorrow).

Nick
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been to the gun room once a few years ago, they had everything overpriced and of course didnt pay any attention to me untill I looked at the VERY pricey shottys. Then it was more of an insult to them, almost like my skin was poison to the gun.

oh well..

I just went to keiths for the first time last month (seen him at the shows the last few years though) I liked his shop, but it has a "dont talk to me" feel about it. I guess they are only looking for people to flash some money before they will talk. ( They havent moved locations yet)

Since I am from WA, I usually dont go looking for handguns, but I do look at rifles and AR stuff... and I guess I just havent found a place that will beat Onile priceing ( I know... its the people skills that matter, and I just havent found a store in OR that gives me the "home" feeling.)

For some good online shops check out :

Model 1 Sales AR-15 Distro (AR stuff, CHEAPEST prices anywhere, I was told about them from a dealer at the last big Portland show. The dealer buys bulk then marks his uppers up another 100.00 for the show.)

Midway USA (Any and all reloading parts and equipment)

-Jason

Link Posted: 6/22/2004 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#19]
zzxx99, I believe Valient firearms was closed down.

If you are on the coast see Roger at Pistol River Firearms in Coosbay. I stop by to see him everytime I'm up there on vacation.
Bigfoot
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Shop on silverton road in salem (was)  Shooters mecantile nice shop when it closed their best guys went to Sportsmans Warehouse.  Best shop in town Ole's gun shop small but very friendly and good prices. He goes out of his way to help his customers. Bought many of my personal firearms from him and his wife
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know the adress for keiths?
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Fox Grocery in Beaver Oregon.  About 10 miles south of Tillamook on 101. Nice guy, probably 15 hand guns and 20 rifles on display. I got a new CZ75BD with 1 10 and 1 15 round mag for $375.  Good selection of used handguns. Not like a big city shop, but really nice and helpful.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I do remember 3 Bears.  Used to be a favorite. I have been in NC for the last few years and looked for it upon return to discover it is gone.  Such is life.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Mid Valley Shooters just outside of Corvallis on Hwy 34 was nice. Cheap ($15) FFL transfer and a pretty nice guy to boot.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I went into the Gun Room with my brother one day when he was shopping for a new Elk rifle. The owner (guessing) was in there talking with a customer across the counter- he was loud and obnoxious- dressing down the customers questions and observations. Every step I took through the shop was weighted down with his stare, as each time I looked up before taking a rifle down to look at it, I saw the guy sneering at me. I told my broter in a clear and loud tone that we should "get out of this place- you don't want to deal with a guy like that!". We split with no wasted haste. He ended up dropping some serious coin somewhere else.

That's my take on that place.

Now I need to find a place in portland that will have a trigger sping for my AR15- ANY Ideas?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Once we get settled in Bend, I'm seriously considering opening a shop, or at least getting an FFL so I can do cheap transfers for folks. I'm sick to freaking death of gun shop morons that don't keep up on the current laws and equipment. A shop staffed with a couple Arfcom-quality folks would be a breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#27]
No one has mentioned 99 Guns & Loans in Milwaukie. Not a huge selection, but they do $15 transfers and Brian and the other guys there are very friendly. I've had several rifles and a pistol transferred through them w/ no problem. They can also special order whatever you want.

Another vote for Keith's. Good selection at good prices. I also like Gun Broker in Clackamas. Good used selection, OK prices. The Gun Room.....How
The folks at Force Ten in Newberg also do cheap transfers and were very friendly when I dealt with them. I believe they also do custom AR work.
Link Posted: 11/27/2004 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 for Phoenix Armoury in Oregon City.

Thery are very into tactical/Self defnese stuff. No hunting stuff.

Lots of AR parts etc...

He got me good price on a Smith&Wesson 1911SC. $150 off what the GunBroker wanted. The owner, Shane, does gun smithing too. I'm having him put a new trigger and Ambi safety on the 1911 next week.

Required Gun Room Story:
I went in just after I moved to Portland, looking for a Ashley Xpress sight for my Glock... he went off about Gock kabooms etc. he wasn't too outragious, maybe becuase I had the wife with me, but could have been my Doberman...had
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I have always been partial to this place.
Larry's Sporting Goods in Sutherlin, Oregon.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I worked @ SM in eugene for 10 years, left in '99. The owner loves to talk down to customers even if it kills sales. It's why I left.
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Funny, I live about 1 mile from SM in Eugene.  I stop in there quite often, but don't like the guys that much either.  They will talk down to you, especially if you have an "inferior" gun.  At least they did mount a scope and bore sight my Mini-14.  I bought a used Mark II in there for a good price as well.  They have a good selection of guns, and always have ARs and a couple AKs out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Hi bushwacker85, I now work @ Myers fabrication on prairie rd. I live out in Nimrod near Blue River. I haven't been in S-M since I stopped working there but I hear it's worse than it was back then.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#33]
They will especially talk down to me and my friend because we are younger.  I generally just try to ignore them, and they are usually busy talking down other customers.  I don't understand why they do it, it just hurts sales and there "reputation."  We don't have  much else to pick from around here though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Corvallis/Albany/Lebanon

mid-valley shooters supply is now closed;-(

Rickies sporting goods retired this year and had no buyer for the busness but sold the indoor range! the range has since reopened and has a 24/7 access for members!

Philomath gun shop I am while the owners are nice enough they too dress down all black rifles that don't contain the bushmaster brand! booo

Vogarms A+ (albany) shop the shop is small but is an excellent one  owner and gang freindly and knowledgeable!  

another vote here for sportsmans warehouse....but is like costco you may not leave there with a gun but you sure paid for one with all the other crap you couldn't live with out!new rubber boots Led flashlight super fishing pole. OH and look the latest GPS!

thats all the stores that i jump around at the list just keeps getting smaller and smaller

Link Posted: 12/21/2004 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Anybody have info on

Valiant Arms (aka Valiant Firearms)
533 E Main St.
Cottage Grove, OR 97424

Thanks in advance for your help.

louis caruso!  

that is all i have to say.

Link Posted: 12/21/2004 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#36]
bend- shooters pro shop -  Nosler wharehouse, off of colorado.    The guy behind the armed forces recruiter.
one of my favorites- bi mart.

Link Posted: 12/22/2004 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Louis caruso is very out of business facing federal charges.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Why, if I may ask
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Louis caruso is very out of business facing federal charges.

Really?    Doesn't suprise me in the least, but still a damn shame.    I feel sorry for his wife, she seemed nice enough.    Do you have any details?   He did transfer my first suppressor, IIRC.

Link Posted: 1/2/2005 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I know the wifes son works for a company I deal with. They are in the middle of an ugly divorce and they are liquidating all the shops items. The FFL is now in the wifes name and they can do business.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Liquidation eh... Any chance of a knowing what they might have up for sale?

I just picked up a walther p22 from mazamas at valley river here in Eugene. Very nice people to deal with, but not that great of selection. I would had picked one up from s&m but they were pretty rude on the phone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I give ole's in salem a third. I've bought several rifles in there. Ole and his wife coreen have always been really nice and fair. If you are into the black rifles, he has more in the back in one of the safes. I bought a sweet springfield armory sar 48 lnib for 995.00, with all the original accesories. he didn't have it on the shelf, just brought it out when I mentioned that I was a fan of the fal. great guy.
Philomath gun shop is good to deal with.
Keiths is tops in the portland area.
Tidewater sports down here on the southern coast is okay, good supply of reloading stuff, although it takes a little to get to know the owner, but he's a good guy, and real fair.
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#43]
There's a new shop starting up in Hillsboro, Oregon Pro Arms.  It's at 1515 SW River Rd.
They don't have a lot of stock yet, but hopefully that will change soon.  It shares a shop
with the Liberty Safe dealer.

I bought a Glock 19 there yesterday.  Their prices were similar to Keith's and NW Armory, and
they are a whole lot closer to home for me.

Link Posted: 1/15/2005 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Do you have a phone number for Oregon Pro Arms ?
thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
There's a new shop starting up in Hillsboro, Oregon Pro Arms.  It's at 1515 SW River Rd.
They don't have a lot of stock yet, but hopefully that will change soon.  It shares a shop
with the Liberty Safe dealer.

I bought a Glock 19 there yesterday.  Their prices were similar to Keith's and NW Armory, and
they are a whole lot closer to home for me.

I saw you in there yesterday.  I was the Fat guy lookin at the oly AR with ACOG on it.

Mark.

Link Posted: 1/15/2005 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#46]
503-615-8525
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I saw you in there yesterday.  I was the Fat guy lookin at the oly AR with ACOG on it.

Mark.

Ah yes, I remember you.   I'm hoping they'll succeed and start carrying a larger stock in the future.  The other guy who works there is the FFL holder, and he intends to grow the stock considerably.

Lorne
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the number.  I give them a call.
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Ive had the same experience with the Gun Room as everyone else.  It was a few years ago when I was living on the coast.  I wanted a Remington 870 Marine Magnum.  I checked around and the going price was about $430, give or take a few.  I came in but everyone was all out except him.  I go and his price was $695!!!!!  I asked him why his price was about 300 more than everyone elses.  Boy you would have thought I told him that his mom was a whore!!!  My question to everyone is...How does he stay in business with an attitude like that???  I just cant understand it!
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I know the wifes son works for a company I deal with. They are in the middle of an ugly divorce and they are liquidating all the shops items. The FFL is now in the wifes name and they can do business.

The store front has been locked up tight for several months. Carrol (the "wife"), was allways a pleasure, but her old man was an ass. The first time I meant him I was looking for a scope mount for my M1A, he started by telling me that I must be talking about the  cheap Norinco, wich offended me, B/C I paid good money for a tricked out Springfield, then the prick wants to know "what do ya need a scope for?", when I said I planed on dear hunting with it he said "Jesus Christ! What are ya trying to do, give the dear a heart attack?" I felt like he may need to work on his sales pitch a bit. I meen, he WAS in the bussiness of selling military style weapons, right?

EDITED; I wish she would open up the store again, she would allways give me a great deal and could get anything I wanted. That's my kind'a woman!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top