User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll have a shot timer and spray paint.  Some how these 2 gun matches seem to bring together people who own shot timers who don't know how to use them.  One weekend we had I think 4 guys (including myself) w/ the same blue shot timer but none of us had any experience actually using them.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I do it, along with others.

It's worth it.

ETA: 63 miles each way for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn. I need a range. Three years since moving to ga and only bang time is when I go back to Nc.

75 miles each way for this one

I do it, along with others.

It's worth it.

ETA: 63 miles each way for me.

Worth the drive from Columbia for me, just can't make it happen with the family often
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damn. I need a range. Three years since moving to ga and only bang time is when I go back to Nc.

View Quote

FWIW, 83 miles for me.  Not a bad drive at all early in the moring.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
206 miles one way.

I am doing 400 plus in one day because SC is lame for HTF shoots and ColaBros are at Emu.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/DXZVgqq3ORsAAAAC/bold-strategy-dodgeball.gif

I'll bring an extra rifle or two if anyone wants something with an optic.

IDK about you guys but we end up shooting weak hand rifle with regularity. Hard enough with 2 optics on the gun, let alone zero
View Quote

hmmm....weak hand?  i shoot full time weakhand....one look at me with a rifle & you’ll understand, as thrustmystoma learned real quick a few months ago
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
206 miles one way.

I am doing 400 plus in one day because SC is lame for HTF shoots and ColaBros are at Emu.
View Quote

Spittin fakts
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

90 miles for me. still well worth it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother is coming +1 for him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry fellas, I’m out. Some family friends are in town and I won’t be free. If anyone wants to shoot next weekend or the weekend after just hit me up.

Edit: non zero chance I can make it, but don’t wait up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#10]
sorry gents im out got called for OT. so it goes being a single income family in a dual income world .

gonna try to get off for feburary.

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
sorry gents im out got called for OT. so it goes being a single income family in a dual income world .

gonna try to get off for feburary.

View Quote

All good man, get out when you can.

I was checking gear tonight and it looks like I'll be going back to ACOG on this gun. Really wanted to like this optic, I don't remember any drops or anything, but the mount is cracked. I remembered having trouble with the last stage last month, I went through as much rifle ammo on that stage as I had the previous 4 combined. This would do it ...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All good man, get out when you can.

I was checking gear tonight and it looks like I'll be going back to ACOG on this gun. Really wanted to like this optic, I don't remember any drops or anything, but the mount is cracked. I remembered having trouble with the last stage last month, I went through as much rifle ammo on that stage as I had the previous 4 combined. This would do it ...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227817/1000000450_jpg-2623143.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227817/1000000448_jpg-2623144.JPG
View Quote

That mount looks weak as fuck.  Plus you are hard on equipment, so there's that too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That mount looks weak as fuck.  Plus you are hard on equipment, so there's that too.
View Quote

It really does... And I really am.

The optic itself is titties tho. ADM was working on a mount for them a few months ago. Need to reach out and offer my beta test services lol.

It's funny, Ashley was looking at it last month and said, "yeah nice! If it lasts you a year, I'll get one".

We both agreed if anything lasts me a year, it's probably GTG.

I wonder if it got stepped on. Not that it should have broken, but I really don't remember dropping or jumping on it, going prone or whatever.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#15]
That was a blast. I learned a lot, like to have ALL firearms zeroed, friggin handgun

Thank you @angryemu for the kind and generous hospitality. Till next time!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It really does... And I really am.

The optic itself is titties tho. ADM was working on a mount for them a few months ago. Need to reach out and offer my beta test services lol.

It's funny, Ashley was looking at it last month and said, "yeah nice! If it lasts you a year, I'll get one".

We both agreed if anything lasts me a year, it's probably GTG.

I wonder if it got stepped on. Not that it should have broken, but I really don't remember dropping or jumping on it, going prone or whatever.
View Quote

I gotta ask. Do you think you may have gotten heavy handed in the torque?

Being broken there makes me think it is thin in the area or a little to much umph was put on it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for making this within a day trip for me. I get more out of shooting with y’all than everything I do on my own.

Red Dots are now required when you hit a certain age.

I tried greybeast50’s 100y pistol shot. Rang it.

Jeeze that dot bounces when you are in a hurry.  I just tried to keep it in the zone.

BTW

I need to shoot faster and run faster. No matter what I will always hate a 50lb kettle.

At least my rifle hit where I aimed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I gotta ask. Do you think you may have gotten heavy handed in the torque?

Being broken there makes me think it is thin in the area or a little to much umph was put on it.
View Quote

Its possible, but I used the included tool and I didn't put a single ugga into it. Just blue loctite.

After I almost stepped on Matt's rifle in the grass today, I'm almost positive that's what happened last week lol.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks for making this within a day trip for me. I get more out of shooting with y’all than everything I do on my own.

Jeeze that dot bounces when you are in a hurry.  I just tried to keep it in the zone.

BTW

I need to shoot faster and run faster. No matter what I will always hate a 50lb kettle.

View Quote

Your rifle was definitely on. You were showing off on that final stage haha. 9/6 rifle targets acquired!
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your rifle was definitely on. You were showing off on that final stage haha. 9/6 rifle targets acquired!
View Quote

My batteries were dead in my EP and I was doubled up.  I wasn't sure of the hits, so I had send a few more.  Plus, it is fun.  LOL

I have always been pretty good with a rifle but can't see shit to shoot a pistol.  The red dot is a life saver for old eyes.  I would say that the RD was the single best pistol purchase I have ever made.  I am thinking of selling 320 or getting a new slide and optic for it (slide can't be cut)  but honestly can't see a need for a full size gun now.  My P80/Dagger mutt even hit at 100y and ran 100% all day.  Same with my 80% and PSA CWAR, it just worked.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

BTW

View Quote

50# kettle, now that's a party!! Sounds like a good day. Hoping to attend again early next year.

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out this past weekend, especially to swolliepop & RattleCanAR for bringing food for everyone & as always to @Emu for providing the range.  It was great to see some new shooters join us and hope to see everyone back again in the future.  I have to say I really enjoyed the first two stages this month.  I'd like to keep using a rifle drill with targets up close moving forward.  grey50beast was the winner for this month and swept first place in all 5 stages.

Attachment Attached File

The next 2 gun will probably be 1/15 which is 6 weeks out from now.  A couple people mentioned wanting to get together again before the January 2 gun w/ some night shooting possibly.  What does everyone think of doing so on December 17th &/or 18th.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I loved those up close rifle stages as well. You were so damn fast with that BRN!! Just pushed a couple.

If everyone's ok with it, I think we should spend some of the range donations on building good paper target stands for just this purpose.

Or at least bolstering the existing ones to better support the bottom of the targets. Very impressed with Josh's accuracy through the paper flipping up on him!!

I'll donate the labor to do this if you guys are cool with it.

The point system doesn't show how close this match was in reality.  Great shooting with everybody. I learn everytime I shoot with you all.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I loved those up close rifle stages as well. You were so damn fast with that BRN!! Just pushed a couple.

If everyone's ok with it, I think we should spend some of the range donations on building good paper target stands for just this purpose.

Or at least bolstering the existing ones to better support the bottom of the targets. Very impressed with Josh's accuracy through the paper flipping up on him!!

View Quote

Some move and shoot would be cool. Maybe around barriers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Some move and shoot would be cool. Maybe around barriers.
View Quote

Our courses used to include running through the woods on either side of the range, but yeah even if we just have stakes in the ground that direct one through the course would be cool. The next work day we have can include setup for these types of stages.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could definitely tell I need work on recoil control on that 2nd stage. It was a fun stage nonetheless.

I'm good with that. I noticed there were 2-3 1x2 furring strips on the pile of wood near the picnic table. I'm assuming someone (0627Devildog maybe?) brought those to use for target stands. I'd like to bring some of the picnic tables up the hill down to the range too. I keep forgetting to mention that. Just need someone with a pickup to haul them down.

We've got the blue barrels we've used a handful of times for barriers. Definitely plenty of options and possibilities at the range to mix things up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Recoil control.

I will be going back to a comp/brake. Obnoxious but effective at that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Recoil control.

I will be going back to a comp/brake. Obnoxious but effective at that stuff.
View Quote

Noooooo!!!! lol
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I could definitely tell I need work on recoil control on that 2nd stage. It was a fun stage nonetheless.

I'm good with that. I noticed there were 2-3 1x2 furring strips on the pile of wood near the picnic table. I'm assuming someone (0627Devildog maybe?) brought those to use for target stands. I'd like to bring some of the picnic tables up the hill down to the range too. I keep forgetting to mention that. Just need someone with a pickup to haul them down.

We've got the blue barrels we've used a handful of times for barriers. Definitely plenty of options and possibilities at the range to mix things up.
View Quote

More than recoil control, I think its the transition itself.  

Your shots were very well stacked, hence when you missed one, you actually missed 2.  I think its just the getting the first round in the A zone after that fast transition, the second one was definitely following the first.

Remind me next time, I'll bring my moving truck and we can load up whatever from fire pit and bring them down, and i'll bring some tools to add the strips.  

When I get my shop setup, we'll get together on a plan for stands and what not.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#30]
i can (possibly) be there 12/18, but working evening of night shoot.

i can definitely make it 1/15, with likely a +1, if you guys decide on that wkend as opposed to the following (doing my first paid training course that weekend).

greybeast50, i’m game to help/use funds to improve paper target stands. i’ve got scrap 2x4’s & various other supplies at the crib to bolster target stands next time we go out.

i have much to improve on, easiest would be remembering rifle slings & get the tacticool belt setup appropriately.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Already working on the Jan trip.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Dec 17/18 should work for me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Baby is due the 20th. I already got crap from my sisters for being 1.5 hrs away this past weekend

I'm out the rest of this month, but looking forward to Jan.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
May or may not be down for a night shoot on 17/18, but I’ve got a couple Christmas parties that I’ve been invited to. Hmmmm
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Baby is due the 20th. I already got crap from my sisters for being 1.5 hrs away this past weekend

I'm out the rest of this month, but looking forward to Jan.
View Quote

Oh c'mon I did CWSE the week mine was due
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone planning on doing any overnight camping on the Saturday evening prior to the Jan shoot?  

I may be game for it and it would make my drive easier by just doing in two days.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone planning on doing any overnight camping on the Saturday evening prior to the Jan shoot?  

I may be game for it and it would make my drive easier by just doing in two days.
View Quote

I'm planning on it and I'd imagine others will too. Speaking of which we need some fire wood.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#38]
That sounds like it has potential.

As we get closer I will know about firewood.

Getting a new tent from my sammich maker for a holiday gift.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Might could be in.... Shame Briggs wont be there to defend the trophy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Might could be in.... Shame Briggs wont be there to defend the trophy.
View Quote

That's not a 2 gun on the 18th, that's a night shoot.

I'll be there January. Bring your running shoes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's not a 2 gun on the 18th, that's a night shoot.

I'll be there January. Bring your running shoes.
View Quote

Lmfao....so, we only get to do 2 gun 2 weeks after the last 2 gun when it suits you?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lmfao....so, we only get to do 2 gun 2 weeks after the last 2 gun when it suits you?
View Quote

Lol no, I just didn't know you guys would be competing there. If that was the intention, then by all means!
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top