Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Smooth move by GA republicans to bring Hollywood here with billions in tax breaks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I noticed Stacy Abrams was well funded from out of the state during the first primary election in 2018, when she was running against a fellow female democrat.

This Article kind of sums up how she is well funded.  The Hollywood funding is nothing new.

Follow the Money

This is not an endorsement of any political party or candidate.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, it isn't new. What it is, is a continued attack by out of state forces to turn another state blue by any means necessary.
View Quote

They tried that with TX but recent Supreme Court rulings seem to have changed a few minds

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Nothing earth shattering.  Just a recent article Stacey Abrams Trails Brian Kemp in Georgia Poll Despite Spending Advantage

Also, confirmation of predictions that Dems will use abortion as a focal issue for the November elections.  The 11th circuit decision yesterday announced that Georgia's 6 week abortion cutoff is now in effect, was the subject of this interview.  She states that Kemp gives women the choice of pregnancy or jail.  I'll just drop this here.
Abrams: Gov. Kemp Says Women Can Choose Pregnancy Or Jail

This is not an endorsement of either candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Smooth move by GA republicans to bring Hollywood here with billions in tax breaks.
View Quote

I hate what a lot of areas in Georgia are becoming.  I get it, more industry means more jobs and money, but it means more bullshit and big city elitism.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hate what a lot of areas in Georgia are becoming.  I get it, more industry means more jobs and money, but it means more bullshit and big city elitism.
View Quote

Atlanta is the "New" New York City
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Eventually nothing will be rural.
View Quote

That seems to be the case within 50 miles in any direction from Atlanta
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eventually nothing will be rural.
View Quote

I am going to make sure when I get to retire that I live far enough out (not in GA) that I never have to worry about urban sprawl again.  There are still a lot of wide open spaces west of Arkansas.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
An example of soft campaigning

This story entitled Stacey Abrams Has Tested Positive for COVID 19 is generally about Ms. Abrams' COVID condition and isolation.  However, the last couple of sentences read,
Abrams’ campaign this year has centered policy issues specific to Georgia as well as abortion rights. Kemp’s main focus has been on the economy—and segregation.
View Quote

This post is not an endorsement of either candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This story entitled Stacey Abrams Has Tested Positive for COVID 19 is generally about Ms. Abrams' COVID condition and isolation.  However, the last couple of sentences read,

View Quote

The Root is an Afrocentric progressive online rag. I would expect nothing less of them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know, I think I saw that on Kemp's policy site, "wants to bring back segregation". I believe it is point four...

What a bunch of loons.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#18]
LOTS of her supporters seem to post online and on social media about their desire to be separated again.  Seems like they should embrace/appreciate Kemp's policy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Does this story about sports betting as a campaign issue seem like its coming out of left field?  

This is not an endorsement of anybody.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Stacy Abrams Reaches Out to Biden to come campaign with her in Georgia.

Has any other candidate in any other race in the nation done this?

This post is not an endorsement of any political party or candidate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard this morning that Kemp has a 10 point lead over Abrams in the latest poll, AJC poll I think.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Stacy Abrams Reaches Out to Biden to come campaign with her in Georgia.

Has any other candidate in any other race in the nation done this?

This post is not an endorsement of any political party or candidate.
View Quote

There was a wsj opinion piece yesterday about just that. Very few midterm candidates want Biden to campaign for them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad to see things are looking pretty good for Kemp. I'll happily cast my vote for him next month.

I do wonder about the SoS race with Raffensperger though, he is pretty unpopular among the MAGA crowd.

I also have much less faith in the Walker/Warnock race, I believe that Warnock will win that one. Walker is turning out to be a weak candidate due to his previous history. I'll still vote for him, I just don't want to be stuck with Warnock for the next six years.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm glad to see things are looking pretty good for Kemp. I'll happily cast my vote for him next month.

I do wonder about the SoS race with Raffensperger though, he is pretty unpopular among the MAGA crowd.

I also have much less faith in the Walker/Warnock race, I believe that Warnock will win that one. Walker is turning out to be a weak candidate due to his previous history. I'll still vote for him, I just don't want to be stuck with Warnock for the next six years.
View Quote

I’m in the same boat as you. It’s a pity we have Walker, but here goes nothing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I just watched the governor race debate.  Gov Kemp and Stacey were both very polished and well versed.  They both did well.  Neither tripped up.  Both will have quotes their respective media will replay until election time.  Mark my words, each respective media will claim their candidate "won" the debate and trounced the other.  That's the way it always ends up being reported.

Libertarian Shane Hazel also participated.  The panel tried to focus on the main party candidates, but Mr. Hazel fought for as much air time as he could get.  He wasn't bashful to state this is a joke or this is ridiculous when he was being frozen out.  As far as content, he was....well....Libertarian.  I don't mean that critically.  I harbor libertarian leanings on some things, but he's definitely full blown.  Legalize cannabis, stop police traffic stops of citizens, stop drug busts, stop property taxes, stop government programs for everything, end fiat currency, quit telling people to wear masks, etc.  At times he attacked both Repubs and Dems, which was enjoyable and entertaining to watch.  He also made comments during the others' turns at speaking.  It was kind of like watch Mystery Science Theatre 2000 comments of the Georgia Gubernatorial Debates.

Just my personal observations.  YMMV.  

As you already know, this post is not an endorsement of any candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

He did better than many thought he would in the debate and Warnock has DV issues as well.  It'll be close.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Libertarian Shane Hazel also participated.  The panel tried to focus on the main party candidates, but Mr. Hazel fought for as much air time as he could get.  He wasn't bashful to state this is a joke or this is ridiculous when he was being frozen out.  As far as content, he was....well....Libertarian.  I don't mean that critically.  I harbor libertarian leanings on some things, but he's definitely full blown.  Legalize cannabis, stop police traffic stops of citizens, stop drug busts, stop property taxes, stop government programs for everything, end fiat currency, quit telling people to wear masks, etc.  At times he attacked both Repubs and Dems, which was enjoyable and entertaining to watch.  He also made comments during the others' turns at speaking.  It was kind of like watch Mystery Science Theatre 2000 comments of the Georgia Gubernatorial Debates.

Just my personal observations.  YMMV.  

As you already know, this post is not an endorsement of any candidate or political party.
View Quote

If I were Kemp I would be concerned that Hazel is in the race.

Link Posted: 10/18/2022 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There was a wsj opinion piece yesterday about just that. Very few midterm candidates want Biden to campaign for them.
View Quote

It might be a strategy of excusing a loss.

Creating the narrative Stacey Stuck By Joe Biden or Joe Biden lost it for her and that is why she lost and not because of her own merits.  This will help save face for a come-back

If she is 10% behind in the polls she is probably 20% behind in reality as the polls have been left leaning by significant margins in the last several election cycles.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Find a mountain and move uphill or pitch a tent in the middle of the desert. Seems like the only ways.
View Quote

Rabun county checking in!
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It might be a strategy of excusing a loss.

Creating the narrative Stacey Stuck By Joe Biden or Joe Biden lost it for her and that is why she lost and not because of her own merits.  This will help save face for a come-back

If she is 10% behind in the polls she is probably 20% behind in reality as the polls have been left leaning by significant margins in the last several election cycles.
View Quote

If she even admits she lost. It wouldn't surprise me if she pulls the same BS she did last time she lost.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I need someone to convince me to eat my words and vote for Kemp.  My stance now is that I would rather fight a known leftist enemy in office (abrams) than to help re-elect a traitor.  Kemp is the current John McCain in my eyes.  Help me out here.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Come on, Don. Don't vote for Jabba the Gut! I'll give you some hand-tied crappie jigs, and a Jeremiah gif. Vote for Forrest Kemp Forrest Kemp. Not the box of chocolates. Her ass probably looks like 200 lbs of chewed milk duds. UGH
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Come on, Don. Don't vote for Jabba the Gut! I'll give you some hand-tied crappie jigs, and a Jeremiah gif. Vote for Forrest Kemp Forrest Kemp. Not the box of chocolates. Her ass probably looks like 200 lbs of chewed milk duds. UGH
View Quote

I'm definitely not voting for Abrams.  I voted for Kemp and donated to his campaign in '18 but I got stabbed in the back and my 2020 votes were stolen by the system he implemented and raffensperger administered.  If Abrams had won I don't think she would have been able to cover up the steal as she would not have cover from the establishment r's in the state. (at least I don't think so)

I could justify voting for even a weak, squish republican if I thought he wasn't anti MAGA and actually aiding my political enemies.  

On the other hand, hand tied crappie jigs weaken my resolve :)
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Record number of early voters. Someone's base is very motivated.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/gCZW4C8_zpszk9iufhb_GIF-113.gif
View Quote

I tried to vote on Monday and the line was out the door and into the parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I tried to vote on Monday and the line was out the door and into the parking lot.
View Quote

I'll never early vote again.  I actually hope they do away with it for everyone except deployed military.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]
My precinct is a small precinct out in the sticks.  Twice I've been the first to vote.  I'm usually in the first dozen.  I know the poll workers and don't want them to feel unnecessary, so I've always made it a point to vote on election day to see them.  My wife normally votes later in the day and she'll tell me the poll workers told her that they saw me that morning.  

But I'll be in Macon all day on November 8th.  So this election will be the first time I'll vote early.  Will probably go this week.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I voted yesterday, second in line, in and out within 10 minutes

I can't wait to see the Fulton County vote drop late at night on November 8th
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drove by the old courthouse which is the early voting precinct in Douglasville Monday on my way to the bank. The line was wrapped half way around the building, all the typical Douglasville residents of late, almost all wearing masks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I voted this afternoon about 4:00p in Lee County.  They were assisting another voter when I walked in but another lady waved me over and processed me.  When I walked in the room with the actual voting machines, there were six machines and three were occupied.

Voted and the whole process took the better part of five minutes.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If I were Kemp I would be concerned that Hazel is in the race.

https://i.imgur.com/qhr0gBF.jpg
View Quote

The hopes are that Hazel and Oliver will force both races to a runoff. Make the motherfuckers earn it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new election law is literally Jim Crow 2.0
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The new election law is literally Jim Crow 2.0
View Quote

I thought it was Jim eagle?
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

All I've got is the hope it's better under a second term of Kemp than the almost certainty it will be terrible under Abrams. We're choosing between a turd sandwich and a bag of shit.
View Quote

My $0.02 here. I agree, Kemp will at least not totally f up the state, Abrams will. She’ll go after guns, raise our taxes (even more than the idiot Republicans,) and chase out people we want living here. Look at what’s happened in NC for example….
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Legalize cannabis, stop police traffic stops of citizens, stop drug busts, stop property taxes, stop government programs for everything, end fiat currency, quit telling people to wear masks, etc
View Quote

Sounds good to me. Lets do this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I need someone to convince me to eat my words and vote for Kemp.  My stance now is that I would rather fight a known leftist enemy in office (abrams) than to help re-elect a traitor.  Kemp is the current John McCain in my eyes.  Help me out here.

View Quote

Kemp's response to Covid was better than most every other part of the country.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Kemp's response to Covid was better than most every other part of the country.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

From April 2020 .... if Trump had followed Kemp, he would still be President.   Instead, Trump surrendered our nation to Fauci.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top