Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
So those chairs cost you, what, about $2,700 each (and rising), by now......?  
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting on the fireworks

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
A few days late, but just a couple pics from this weekend in the Keys.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sippin' on some Elijah Craig and watching Sum of All Fears again, Ben Affleck and Liev Schrieber did awesome in this film
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Visited many years ago, it was awesome!  I would love to go back.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's awesome. I should be doing that.

Tonight its craft beer and the new Marvel movie, Black Widow.

Pretty good so far...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157261/PXL_20210710_005308991-2008110.jpg
View Quote

Quoted:

Visited many years ago, it was awesome!  I would love to go back.
View Quote

My buddy's family has a great house down there. They're talking about selling so I've been trying to make the most of it the last couple years. Truly paradise. But in July it's a hot and humid paradise.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, it's awesome.  Wish I hadn't seen those pics now lol.  I really, really want to go again.  Way too long a drive from Oklahoma but from Georgia...?  Maybe doable.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Today I spent digging holes in our yard and trying to learn how to use the new metal detector I got for my birthday.  There seems to be a large learning curve lol.  

We found lots of nails, random pieces of junk metal, a snuff can, a 1959 penny and a grave .....

The grave was a thick wooden box with at least one bone that I saw.  We closed it back up and recovered it with dirt.  Appears to have been someone's pet so it will stay where it was undisturbed from now on.

Was pretty fun although my back is wrecked.  Will be back at it as soon as the pain subsides .
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Currently? Workin gonna cooling tower on top of 230 peach tree skreet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Just finished our first try at hunting for coins with my new metal detector.  We have zero experience so we are pretty inept lol.

We started out trying to find one of my arrows that I lost but couldn't find it

We gave up on that and decided to check the driveway for coins.  The very first place I swung the metal detector started going crazy so we started digging.

This came out of an area about 2'x2'.  Only an inch or two deep.  It's all modern, nothing too old.  This is only what we dug up.  There's still more but we had to stop for the evening. It's all pennies, nickels and dimes so far.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So those chairs cost you, what, about $2,700 each (and rising), by now......?  
View Quote

Ha!

Chairs $120
Sand $100
Pavers $300
Sod $400
Several tanks of gas. Lol
Damn... $$ adds up fast!

I put the sod down yesterday, so a drought is on the way.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Trying to get started with a homebased FFL. FFL was in this week. SOT paid for. Still need a real logo and website.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ha!

Chairs $120
Sand $100
Pavers $300
Sod $400
Several tanks of gas. Lol
Damn... $$ adds up fast!

I put the sod down yesterday, so a drought is on the way.  
View Quote

Will be worth it in the end . I just want to get a xm42 or similar and set my entire yard on fire ??. News at 11:00 neighborhood in snellville burns to the ground cuz of a dumb ass resident.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trying to get started with a homebased FFL. FFL was in this week. SOT paid for. Still need a real logo and website.
View Quote

I don't think anyone's used this yet

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Waiting for my shift to end over here on South Fulton Industrial, followed by an awesome car concert back to Temple. The shitty part is that I get to turn around and do it all again tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My buddy's family has a great house down there. They're talking about selling so I've been trying to make the most of it the last couple years. Truly paradise. But in July it's a hot and humid paradise.
View Quote

My cousin went there on vacation in the early 80s and never came back. She's been living there ever since.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Chilling, having a couple drinks after work, catching up on emails, tonight is my Thursday as a third shift airline employee, wonderful schedule
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Here’s one of the chairs and some of the pavers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Working 12hr days. Such fun. Many smiles. Much wonderful.
View Quote

Ahhh.... I remember when I worked part time as well. Good time!   Lol
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#27]
My day:
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Waiting for my meat to hit 165...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like an urban playground for spider monkeys.  

I don't mess with electricity.  Nope, had too many bad experiences.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got back from city council meeting. Sitting next to treasonous bastard that is trying to oust me all night. Fake smile, snarky comments and underhanded insults. Wife unit made a stellar argument for a guy that wants to build shit on his own land. This is still America, right?
Anyways. I promised not to week drink - fuck that.
Sitting in the barn drinking while wife is talking real estate on the phone.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#33]
My limited car knowledge is pretty much limited to American muscle so I'm going to just make a guess.  I'm probably wrong but a Karmann Ghia?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#34]
About to watch an episode of Ted Lasso
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice pics from the keys.  I went in 07 and would love to get back!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Lunch on the night shift. Headed back to Birmingham for the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
About to watch an episode of Ted Lasso
View Quote

By far the best show on Apple TV

Join us in the EPL thread if that’s your thing

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/2021-2022-GD-Premier-League-Soccer-thread-Gold-Cup-PresSeason-and-Transfers-/5-2469153/
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Tonight? Ehhhh sweating it out in the barn. Trying to clean that disaster up. I don't even bother trying during the day at the moment. It's probably 120 degrees in there.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Sitting at a Covid testing place waiting for my son/wife to be called back. School emailed us this morning my son was exposed this week and he has a couple of symptoms.

Great way to spend a Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Sitting here with my foot propped up on my desk, wondering how I'm going to take a shower because I'm meeting my daughter and her new boyfriend for dinner later on.  In case you missed my   lawnmower thread, here's why my foot is propped up...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sitting here with my foot propped up on my desk, wondering how I'm going to take a shower because I'm meeting my daughter and her new boyfriend for dinner later on.  In case you missed my   lawnmower thread, here's why my foot is propped up...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/103046/16289573487876491816639762279086_jpg-2052283.JPG
View Quote

Gnarly, you win dude.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Drinking myself to sleep at 7 on a Saturday
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Porsche 356. Tube chassis race car we're starting to build.
View Quote

Pretty cool car to start with.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Drinking a beer. Making a pizza.

Today I solved a family mystery. Daughter had ordered a vintage dress to wear to a friend's wedding a couple weeks ago, and UPS fucked the delivery up last Friday week - tracking said delivered but no package. She and wife were pissed, started trace with UPS after 3 days. Someone at the door yesterday morning - UPS investigator. Had a sat/GE picture showing truck was up the wrong street; I signed form saying we never got box. I then recalled that when (Dragracer) Art used to live up that street, we got each others mail occasionally because we have same house number, on different streets. UPS guy didn't think this was important, even though the fool had a picture. He left.

Wife said "no, I checked there, and left them a note". I went up there and knocked on door - I could smell cigarette smoke, but no one answered. Later in the evening I sat in my truck and had a cigar by the house - saw a car pull in and go into garage. Lady came out front door, and I jumped out, waved, and went over. I told her the deal and said I think y'all have a package of ours from last week, did you get the note? Look of deer-in-the-headlights mixed with uh-oh. I said we left a note did you get it? She mumbled something about her elderly mother may have got it and went inside - came out with my daughter's dress in the shipping bag, but no box. It had been opened and reeked of cigarette smoke. I said this may happen again, please don't keep our stuff, and we'll bring you yours if mis-delivered to us. I don't think they'll be keeping anything of ours again. Fucking lying fat-ass cigarette smoking bitch! Like, oh sure, she could fit in that dress.

Daughter was ecstatic and immediately had the dress dry-cleaned. I said I would have got it a week ago if y'all had just told me. They said "we were afraid you would go start a scene or something". Not unless they start it first - then I get troublesome, and they have a problem. God damn right. My mom always said I don't suffer fools well - she was right.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#47]
We had similar issues where we used to live.  There were two streets that actually intersected and two of the exact same addresses except one ended with "street" and the other with "place".

I can't count the times we never got packages delivered despite drivers saying they dropped it off.  I suspect most of them went to the other address but who knows. We occasionally got their mail and I'd always leave it at their door.  I wanted to ask them to let us know if they got our mail but since they never answered the doorbell I never got the chance.  I left a note with the first mail drop but never got a response. The stuff was always replaced at no cost so it was just a pain in the butt dealing with it.  

But to sum it up...yeah, some people suck.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Drinking a beer. Making a pizza.

Today I solved a family mystery. Daughter had ordered a vintage dress to wear to a friend's wedding a couple weeks ago, and UPS fucked the delivery up last Friday week - tracking said delivered but no package. She and wife were pissed, started trace with UPS after 3 days. Someone at the door yesterday morning - UPS investigator. Had a sat/GE picture showing truck was up the wrong street; I signed form saying we never got box. I then recalled that when (Dragracer) Art used to live up that street, we got each others mail occasionally because we have same house number, on different streets. UPS guy didn't think this was important, even though the fool had a picture. He left.

Wife said "no, I checked there, and left them a note". I went up there and knocked on door - I could smell cigarette smoke, but no one answered. Later in the evening I sat in my truck and had a cigar by the house - saw a car pull in and go into garage. Lady came out front door, and I jumped out, waved, and went over. I told her the deal and said I think y'all have a package of ours from last week, did you get the note? Look of deer-in-the-headlights mixed with uh-oh. I said we left a note did you get it? She mumbled something about her elderly mother may have got it and went inside - came out with my daughter's dress in the shipping bag, but no box. It had been opened and reeked of cigarette smoke. I said this may happen again, please don't keep our stuff, and we'll bring you yours if mis-delivered to us. I don't think they'll be keeping anything of ours again. Fucking lying fat-ass cigarette smoking bitch! Like, oh sure, she could fit in that dress.

Daughter was ecstatic and immediately had the dress dry-cleaned. I said I would have got it a week ago if y'all had just told me. They said "we were afraid you would go start a scene or something". Not unless they start it first - then I get troublesome, and they have a problem. God damn right. My mom always said I don't suffer fools well - she was right.
View Quote

Good job.  Your daughter's going to remember this forever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Reheated leftovers for dinner (beans and cornbread), then we watched a Netflix movie  ("IT part 1").  Pretty good but I do wish they had stayed a little closer to the book.

Not too exciting but you asked lol.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top