Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By the way just throwing this out there....

My wife says we need a .50, ideally an M82A1 the shorter barrel version. If anyone has one that they want to sell or trade towards NODs/thermal, etc. Shoot me a PM or email.
View Quote

Looks like someone hit the marital lottery......
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I just realized that I haven't posted the obligatory do's-n-don'ts for the first GA HTF Night Vision Shoot at the Angry Emu Range. As I see it, the list ncludes, but is not limited to:

1- Bring eye & ear protection, as well as plenty of warm clothes. The first two are required.

2- HAVE A CHAMBER FLAG FOR EACH AND EVERY WEAPON YOU BRING. Chamber flags tell any observer, in just a glance, that a weapon is unchambered and out of battery. With as many individuals with multiple weapons each, that will be at the range, the best possible way to keep everyone safe is to require a chamber flag to be visible in each and every weapon that is not on the firing line. The ONLY exception to this rule is a loaded sidearm that is carried in a holster on your person.

3- Chairs, and a table or three to put your shootin' irons on, is highly recommended. Canopies might be warranted for dew protection, but obviously won't be needed to keep the sun off of you.

4- Come prepared to eat. RedWolf51 & his wife Scarlett10mm will be doing burgers, dogs, pulled pork and pulled chicken, with baked beans, slaw, and potato salad on the side. I recommend a $10/person donation to help defer the cost of food. Dinner will be early, around 4:30 or so, with leftovers all night. I suspect there will be a coffee pot or two on hand for hot coffee, hot chocolate, and maybe even a mug of warm tea, for around the campfire up at the sign-in/picnic area. Adult beverages are welcome at the picnic area, after your firearms have been secured. I plan to spend time around the campfire after the range goes cold. I hope you will too.  

5- If you want to spend the night (encouraged and recommended!) bring your camper, tent, hammock, motorhome, or bed roll. Very limited 110v electric, and cold water out of a faucet is available. The two outhouses, one located near the firing line, and the other near the picnic area, are pretty new and pretty nice, considering, of course, that they are just outhouses after all.

6- If you and/or your significant other don't want to camp, but don't want to drive home late that night, there are several good hotels about 6 miles from the range at I-20.

7- Do bring your significant other! We are VERY family friendly at the Angry Emu Range. We always encourage you to bring your family to the range with you. But, because of the very nature of a night vision shoot, we do ask that if you bring youngsters to this shoot, please make sure they have a maturity level sufficient to ensure their safety. The Spring and Fall Shoots are more suited for youngsters with a short attention span.

8- Do bring a positive attitude and a willingness to respectully accept your HTF brothers and sisters in a manner that engenders lasting friendships. To date I've very seldom experienced anything else from the HTF members.

9- DON'T bring any illegal firearms or activities to the Angry Emu Range. We have ZERO tolerance for any sort of illegal behavior. However, any type of legal firearm is welcome and encouraged.

10- DO NOT act in an unsafe manner. Understand safe gun handling, and practice it unfailingly whilst at the range.

11- DO plan to have a good time with like-minded individuals, who are the kind of folk that you wish the rest of the world were made of.

These are what I consider to be the basics. It's late and I'm sure I've left plenty out. Ask away, or suggest to your heart's content.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of both old and new friends this coming Saturday!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can we buy or borrow about six or so chamber flags for the IR laser equipped rifles we will be bringing for folks to shoot? I'd be happy to buy some if anyone has extras.
View Quote

As far as I'm concerned range flags can be as simple as weed eater string with a piece of tape on the end, or a piece of dowel rod that fits in the chamber with weed eater string threaded through a hole in the dowel or tape to use as a handle/flag. I'm pretty sure that Redwolf51 has some weed eater string flags made up that he'll be bringing. A word of caution, though, give the chamber a few minutes to cool before inserting weed eater flags, especially after long strings of fire! (No pun intended)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Zip ties work?
View Quote

No reason they wouldn't. As long as you can see at a glance that a weapon is unchambered and out of battery, I'm good with it. Keeping things simple and cheap is right up my alley!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have at least 10 chamber flags from teaching classes that I can bring with me in the event anyone needs one......

(I will also bring a pack of tip ties and red tape to tether to them for use as needed)

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I will throw a hank of glow in the dark 550 and some zip ties in my bag since it will be low light
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Will there by any swap meet activity going on? I need to trade some surplus 7.62X51 ammo for 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will there by any swap meet activity going on? I need to trade some surplus 7.62X51 ammo for 9mm.
View Quote

nothing officially but free men can buy/sell/trade as they see fit. Really depends if anyone has extra 9mm laying around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I am up for a barter session....

Have a few things I'd be willing to part with:

(2) Viridian C5L (Green Laser)
(1) Olight PL (Green Laser)

Sig RomeoZero Red Dot pistol sight
Mini-14 Mags/accessories
Mini-14 Bullpup stock
Mini-14 Folding Choate Stock
Handful of Ramline AR Mags (only Training worthy)
.22 Short - 50rds
.22 Mag - 150rds

If anyone has .308 Federal Gold Metal Match (168/175gr), 9mm Federal HST, or 62gr+ 5.56/223.....

I might be willing to part with some:

XM193
Tula Steel 55gr .223

If you have a need, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tentatively in. I sold all my thermal rifle gear except my hand-held thermal scope. I am pretty good at close range (i.e. baited) feral hogs using the low-power ATPIAL-C, Torch Pro,  and a PVS-14. For hunting, low power is better - a sharper dot, less bloom and smearing, more dead hogs. Prove me wrong. If you aren't guiding Hellfires or GBU on final, why do you need 25 mW? The illuminator is way better, I'll give you that.

I am more worried about a full-power laser to my eye than anything. Leave the blue screw in until I am behind you, please. Static firing line is best IMO. snip, sorry

View Quote

Family first above all else.
I was looking forward to meeting you.
Again sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

#metoo . . . BNIB.....Though I have never actually used it.
View Quote

Check your magazines. Mine either fit tight or loose depending on the lowers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am up for a barter session....

Have a few things I'd be willing to part with:

(2) Viridian C5L (Green Laser)
(1) Olight PL (Green Laser)

Mini-14 Mags/accessories
Mini-14 Bullpup stock
Mini-14 Folding Choate Stock
Handful of Ramline AR Mags (only Training worthy)
.22 Short - 50rds
.22 Mag - 150rds

If anyone has .308 Federal Gold Metal Match (168/175gr), 9mm Federal HST, or 62gr+ 5.56/223.....

I might be willing to part with some:

XM193
Tula Steel 55gr .223

If you have a need, feel free to shoot me a PM.

View Quote

@0627Devildog...  I've been teaching my niece some tactical drills and running low on cheap ammo.  I'm willing to trade 4 boxes of FGGM 175 for some Tula.  What would be a fair ratio??

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I replied before but I just want to confirm that my brother and I will be there around 4:00 - 4:30.  Lookin' forward to meeting y'all.  @Redwolf51 we will bring our appetite!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@0627Devildog...  I've been teaching my niece some tactical drills and running low on cheap ammo.  I'm willing to trade 4 boxes of FGGM 175 for some Tula.  What would be a fair ratio??

View Quote

I grabbed the Tula for $.81/rd delivered when G.O. had it in stock......

Bought my last box of .308 GMM for $1.50 rd. @academy in Dec.....

2:1 Fair?  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Redwolf,
Do you want me to bring some plates, utensils, paper towels???
I’ll bring some $ but wanted to check to see if there was anything else.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I grabbed the Tula for $.81/rd delivered when G.O. had it in stock......

Bought my last box of .308 GMM for $1.50 rd. @academy in Dec.....

2:1 Fair?  

View Quote

No offense, but I think you bought the Tula at a disadvantage during the panic.  I bought Brown Bear for .21/rnd a year ago and the 175 FGMM was around .90 (with a rebate they had going).   That's the general ratio I'm considering.

I don't want to distract this thread with a discussion on relative value.  Let's chat at the range on Saturday.  I also have one box of 147 HST that my XDS doesn't like... I'll bring that along.

This will be my first visit to Angry Emu and I'm lookin' forward to meeting you and the other folks from GA-HTF!

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't want to distract this thread with a discussion on relative value.  Let's chat at the range on Saturday.  

View Quote

Agreed.  No worries.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Checking in and mega excited about this (and the idea of a swap meet).

What does the total guest count look like?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I got some M855 on stripper clips if anyone wants to trade for 193.

I’ll probably show a little early, I need to get my razor dialed in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Redwolf,
Do you want me to bring some plates, utensils, paper towels???
I’ll bring some $ but wanted to check to see if there was anything else.

View Quote

Thanks for the offer but Cathleen and I got this. See you Saturday.
If you can come out early we need some help setting up the range.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Checking in and mega excited about this (and the idea of a swap meet).

What does the total guest count look like?
View Quote

Looks like we are going to have about 40 +
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be happy to get there a little early to pitch in and set up.....  What time you thinking?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Be happy to get there a little early to pitch in and set up.....  What time you thinking?
View Quote

I don't think 1:00 or 2:00 would be too early. But we'll take what we can get!

I live on the property and hope to be there before noon. If you plan to be there before that, IM me, and I'll be there when you get there!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't think 1:00 or 2:00 would be too early. But we'll take what we can get!

I live on the property and hope to be there before noon. If you plan to be there before that, IM me, and I'll be there when you get there!
View Quote

I have to make a quick stop in Norcross (on the way down from Acworth) so 1-2 shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks for the offer but Cathleen and I got this. See you Saturday.
View Quote

As soon as I get me, my gear, “sleeping pod” and Ellie the wonder dag loaded up we’ll be there.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Still in. If I end up staying late I will probably have a cigar, if anyone feels like joining me. I'll bring an extra stick or two.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll bring an extra stick or two.
View Quote

Let us all hope neither will be Mr. Hughe Jeffincokk....... This ain't that kinda party.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#33]
My HVAC went wacky unknown to us and hit us with a $411 electric bill two days ago and a $800+ HVAC repair bill today..... I full planned on buying a PVS-14 unit tomorrow night and coming to enjoy some shooting. Now, Im broke and wont make it out!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#34]
My arrival time is dependent on my workload for tomorrow.  Hopefully done by 5pm and out there 7ish or so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Repainted my steel targets and hit them with some glow in the dark paint.

Attachment Attached File

if they bloom under nods we can cover with white/black but most likely won’t matter since we will shoot it all off.

I’ll be there early to help setup and staying for the night.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Still in. If I end up staying late I will probably have a cigar, if anyone feels like joining me. I'll bring an extra stick or two.
View Quote

Nod's, guns, and cigars. Sounds like a party.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell fuckin yeah
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hell fuckin yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell fuckin yeah
@Extorris you know want to show up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ll be bringing a +1 now
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Bring it on!

I can't tell you how much I enjoy a good campfire. While I won't suck on a big ol' fatty cigar anymore, (gave up tobacco in 2000 ) I'll durn sure sit downwind of ya and inhale deeply!!!!

This is shaping up to be a real windig!!!

It does my heart good to be rubbing elbows with the likes of the HTF.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't, I'm still laid up from surgery.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hope you get to feeling better soon, sir.

I'm like a kid on Christmas this morning. Couldn't wait to wake up and get ready to roll out there this morning, EXCEPT for the fact that I showed up a little late to the airport yesterday, and was basically told that my pelican case was too big for the handguns that were in it: that the handguns needed to be locked inside a small case inside the pelican case, DESPITE the fact that I flew out of ATL EXACTLY like that, last week. I was told I was too late to wait around for TSA to check the case, being within 45 min of takeoff. I didn't have time to argue so my biz partner had to come back and get my guns.  

Had to leave my CCW, battle belt, and the booger blaster behind to get home on time last night.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

feel better, sir.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey y'all, looking forward to this!

Could someone please IM me coordinates to the range?
Sent Emu a message, if he's busy, might get a few more views here.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hope you get to feeling better soon, sir.

I'm like a kid on Christmas this morning. Couldn't wait to wake up and get ready to roll out there this morning, EXCEPT for the fact that I showed up a little late to the airport yesterday, and was basically told that my pelican case was too big for the handguns that were in it: that the handguns needed to be locked inside a small case inside the pelican case, DESPITE the fact that I flew out of ATL EXACTLY like that, last week. I was told I was too late to wait around for TSA to check the case, being within 45 min of takeoff. I didn't have time to argue so my biz partner had to come back and get my guns.  

Had to leave my CCW, battle belt, and the booger blaster behind to get home on time last night.
View Quote

That's true dedication to the cause!

Or, more likely, true dedication to that beautiful wife of yours. I'd swap a couple of guns to get home on time for her!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Packing for these events is like a DEVGRU mission prep. I even had a checklist this time and it is still taking forever. Leaving Roswell in about an hour.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m making a stop for post shoot beer.
Any request?

Should be there in about 45mins????
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's true dedication to the cause!

Or, more likely, true dedication to that beautiful wife of yours. I'd swap a couple of guns to get home on time for her!!!
View Quote

Well she was on the flight with me!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, she's actually driving me out and I'm running late. Be out there in a bit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#49]
enroute from augusta
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Stay safe and enjoy...next time I'll be on the line...my son as well

ROCK6
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top