Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2017 2:02:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and I'm not a nerd.

I just started a new business and two of my employees are super super nerds with TS/SCI that should fit in well with what is happening on the .GOV side in Augusta.

I'll be there to learn some things and look for office space.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, and I'm not a nerd.

I just started a new business and two of my employees are super super nerds with TS/SCI that should fit in well with what is happening on the .GOV side in Augusta.

I'll be there to learn some things and look for office space.
View Quote
One of my friends in our tech support group explained Geek/Nerd to me this way. Geek is something you do, Nerd is something you are. He's going to DragonCon this weekend. I'm traveling to Raleigh with him in 2 or 3 weeks. He's liberal, and a lot of fun to drink beer with and talk politics.

I enjoy learning new stuff.  Security side of IT is growing like crazy. I got paid to go to  B-Sides and the ISSA conference in Raleigh last year. They were awesome. I've changed jobs, so doing this one on my own time and own dime. I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell yes and I'm co-hosting a track! You guys make it, come over and say Hello! 

BSides Augusta is a great conference with some people speaking that you would pay a lot more for in other venues.

Any questions please let me know and I'll try to help
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell yes and I'm co-hosting a track! You guys make it, come over and say Hello! 

BSides Augusta is a great conference with some people speaking that you would pay a lot more for in other venues.

Any questions please let me know and I'll try to help
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll unfortunately be skipping it this year due to poor scheduling on my part, but hope you enjoy it greatly.   There will be a few talks I would have been looking forward to, but mostly I like to visit in person with folks I don't get to see as often as I would like.  Hopefully you'll find new ways to keep the tears of miscreants flowing.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Ill be there!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a secret handshake or gang sign we can flash to find each other?

Wish I had a 1/2 fawn HTF t-shirt. I'll be drinking at the Partridge hotel Friday night with some of my co-workers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting conference. Good time was had by all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Cyber City was cool.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, I was working track 4, one of the "Grey Polo" crew. It seemed like a good conference. I don't get to see as much as I would like anymore because working :)

Missed Jakes closing talk, did anyone go to that? Interested to hear opinions (I know basically what he was going to talk about)

Alyssa Torres and Tim Tomes at the same time was a difficult decision as well. (I'm a memory forensic type ) useless management puke... 
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#11]
My crew split after the Nigerian hacker presentation. That was hilarious. We all had a 3+ hour drive, so we cut out. It would have been fun to stay for the after party, etc, but we were all trying to minimize time away from the family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top