Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 10:45:26 AM EDT
Any Java or PHP is a plus, but RPG is key.  
Work from home.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Are people still running as/400, or is it just running on something that is emulating it?

I'm continuously amazed at the amount of legacy stuff that is out there. My BIL still runs his business on a Norstar Key System that was used when I initially installed it in the mid-90s. I've installed it in 4 or 5 offices over the years. I just re-installed it 2-3 months ago. There was a news article recently about the Voyager spacecraft still (mostly) working after 40 years.

Sorry for the slight hijack, I don't know anybody that does RPG, but I suspect there are a lot of old-timers who would love to get a paycheck working from home.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have machines at work that run on programming and controllers from the 80's. Some of my stuff would require scouring ebay for replacement electronics since they have been obsolete for over 15 years. I can believe it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top