Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife starts a new job in September and may have to be out that weekend, so I'm not a confirmed yes anymore. I'll try to get a definite soon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife starts a new job in September and may have to be out that weekend, so I'm not a confirmed yes anymore. I'll try to get a definite soon.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep you on the list til you know for sure so I don't jinx ya!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hope to make it, but it may be difficult since I've got friends flying in from FL that weekend. If I can make it, it'll likely just be for a few hours.

Thanks for having me out today. The homebuilt 260 did good, as did the LRI 260 (when I used brass that had the shoulder properly bumped), but I may have to ditch the grendel for the MOA shoot. Even overlooking the suppressor that came slightly loose, it wasn't doing anything impressive today.

I think the attendees will like the elevated platform that you put in.
View Quote
Thanks for showing up and lending a hand. Hope you can make the shoot. Awesome 260 you have!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have started the T-Shirt thread!  The final design will preview on Saturday! WOOOOOWHEEEEE!

Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Love the prone bench!!! Great work.

Reminder about the t-shirt order. We are working on the final designs and can't wait to share with you all!
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Will try for saturday. The Mrs. and I really need to make it out to one of these things!

Unfortunately my in laws are visiting around that time and we are leaving for a family trip that Sunday, so we'll have to see if everyone has the energy for a range trip.

We may try to make it out there a week or 2 before the event instead. My FIL has wanted to try shooting for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for showing up and lending a hand. Hope you can make the shoot. Awesome 260 you have!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope to make it, but it may be difficult since I've got friends flying in from FL that weekend. If I can make it, it'll likely just be for a few hours.

Thanks for having me out today. The homebuilt 260 did good, as did the LRI 260 (when I used brass that had the shoulder properly bumped), but I may have to ditch the grendel for the MOA shoot. Even overlooking the suppressor that came slightly loose, it wasn't doing anything impressive today.

I think the attendees will like the elevated platform that you put in.
Pleasure meeting you both. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting more of the forum members, just not sure if I can convince my FL company to head to the range during this trip.

Thanks for the kind words on the 260. It was certainly a fun project to work on with my dad. Pretty happy with how it turned out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The significant other and I will be there! Might even bring another Marine with us. :)
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The significant other and I will be there! Might even bring another Marine with us. :)
View Quote
OK, I'll add crayons to the packing list.  Which color does he prefer?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Purples ones - they taste better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#11]
T Shirt designs are here! I will make the final order on Tuesday, September 12th!

Front upper left image
Attachment Attached File

Full Back image
Attachment Attached File

Big thanks to Dagny's sister!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Got y'all down, greatshoe & ShineyM3!

Looking forward to seeing Y'all again!!!

You have outdone yourself on the T-shirt Dagny!!!! That design is GREAT!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope everyone  weathered the storm ok!

Please make sure to put in your T shirt sizes and colors today, I want to make sure to place the order in with enough time! They make great gifts!!

Looking forward to the shoot-
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We have finally chosen the date for the fall shoot. It will be Saturday October 7. Yeah, I know, that's the weekend after the MOA Shoot. We wanted to put a weekend or two between the 2 events, but unfortunately, we had to set it for that weekend because of scheduling conflicts with some of our staff, and then of course opening weekend of deer season.

The Angry Emu Range:
This will be the fourth Hometown Forum event that's been held at the AER. This is a private range built by the GA HTF for the GA HTF, and is located about 7 miles south of I-20, near Madison. It's about an hour and a half from most of metro ATL, less than an hour from Athens, a little over an hour from Macon, and about 2 hours from Augusta. All in all, it's not a terrible drive for most folks. Range rules and a link to a Google map can be found at AngryEmuRange.com. There are 5 sturdy rifle benches with backstops at 100/150/200 yards and a 30' pistol berm. There's plenty of parking and a camping area is located about 100-200 yards from the firing line. The range has been able to handle the 40-50 attendees that we typically have with little to no waiting for a place to shoot.

Yes, this IS a weekend camping event!:
Anyone wishing to camp is invited, and highly encouraged to do so. As far as I'm concerned, the nightly campfires, with your choice of beverage, are the best part. There is plenty of room for whatever kind of camping gear/rig you care to bring. There should be ~some~ electricity, and ~some~ water, and a porta-john will be available near the campground and range. Set up will begin on Friday, shooting will be Saturday starting around 10:00ish and will continue 'til dark (if anyone cares to bring night vision, or wants to try their hand at coyote hunting, we can certainly accommodate that, either Fri. or Sat. night), tear down will be Sunday.

What to bring:
Here is a short list of items that you will find handy to have with you. Chairs to sit on, it's an all day event. A table or 3 to put your firearms on. Chamber flags for all your weapons. Ear and eye protection. A canopy to help keep you out of the sun. LOTS of ammo. I've seen folks bring those little suitcase generators with them to power a fan (ahhhhhh, cool breezes!!!). Shootin' irons!!!! LOTS of ammo!!! Plenty of water to drink. Bug spray and suntan lotion. Did I mention it'll be a looooong day, and LOTS of ammo?!`? I'll add to this list as y'all post all the stuff I know I forgot to mention.

Acceptable firearms:
If it's legal it's welcome! We ask that firearms which shoot rifle cartridges not be used on the pistol berm, and that super high velocity rifle rounds (belted magnums, etc.) only be fired on the 150/200 yard backstops (not the 100 yard) in an effort to not damage the steel targets, as well as for safety reasons.

Food:
We'll be putting burgers and dogs on the grill for Saturday's lunch, just like the last two years. I'm sure Redwolf and his wife will be overseeing this, with me pretending to help, but more likely getting in the way. I'd be willing to bet they'd appreciate any additional help that is offered in that department. We'll put a list together for volunteers to bring side dishes too. We've had some GREAT sides in the past!!! Saturday night supper is open to suggestions/volunteers. Any ideas?

Tee Shirts:
DagnyGalt will be heading up the tee shirt department. I expect she'll start a thread for orders soon.

Family friendly:
Wives and kids are invited and encouraged. The campground/eating area is a little ways away from the firing line, so it's possible to get away from the noise and still be at the event. We do ask that you keep an eye on your kids and not let them run wild. There is a small pond next to the firing line so we need to be careful with the young ones around it. There's also a couple of horses that will likely put in an appearance. They're not mean, but they're not used to kids either. The youngsters that have attended in the past all had a great time and have been well behaved. I'd love to see as many kids involved in this as we can get. After all, they are the future of our sport!!!!

VOLUNTEERS:   (<=please note this one is italicized!)
These events don't put themselves on.... We'll need lots of help! Range officer/s, cooks, set up, tear down, clean-up, trash hauling, etc., etc., etc.!!!! If you can come early and/or stay late, WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!! Please let us know if you are willing to help us make this event another safe, fun-filled, memorable occasion where the GA HTF can get together meet-and-greet, and have a GREAT time, doing what we all love to do! Don't be shy! Last year there weren't very many of us carrying the load. All willing bodies will be greatly appreciated!!!

Costs to attend:
I am of the opinion that this year we need to have a suggested minimum  Food Donation of $10/adult/meal and $5/child under12/meal to cover the costs of food, drinks, and utensils, and the tannerite for the event as well. Also a suggested minimum  Range Donation of $10/person or $25/immediate family (not cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws, and out-laws) to help cover wear and tear on the facility as well as targets and backstops. I do NOT want to make these events cost prohibitive, or even much of a consideration for those who want to attend. But, we DO need to cover our costs, or these events will eventually have to cease. I personally do NOT feel that $30 for 2 meals, and a day's worth of range time, is excessive. If anyone's wallet is feeling overstuffed, bear in mind these are only suggested minimum donations. We'd be thrilled if anyone wanted to up the ante to help us out. Last year the donations came up about $80 short for the food. Thankfully we had enough carry over from the year before to cover it, and we still have a little carry over left. I'd prefer to be adding to the carry over, so that one day we could use it to cover all the costs of an event, not just using it to cover shortfalls, until it runs out.

Ok guys sing out and let us know who's gonna be there, and who wants to volunteer for what, so we can start getting organized!!! I hope to see you ALL out here for the GA HTF Fall Shoot 2017!!! If you've never been to one, you don't know what you're missing!!!!

Attendees (48)
Emu & Emu Jr.
Redwolf51 & Scarlett10mm
Draconis & Meme   ~+6~
Crkrdice
Mad-Machinist
GeorgiaBII
Doomtrprz71    +3
Foreman2000   +1
GlockSpeed31   +2
GANDYDANCER  (counting on ya this time! )
xerxes2695
fenrisulfr
tok762  (got your spot on the FRONT ROW staked out! )
DeltaAir423      +1
DagnyGalt + viKING
YourCoWorker    +2
EKD
DrumMajor69    +2
edman99
LoneWolf545     +1
RLunyATL         +1

Staff/Volunteers
Emu & Emu Jr.
Redwolf51 & Scarlett10mm
Draconis & Meme  (Lifetime Staff members!!!)
tok762  (one of the workingest volunteers we got!!!)
DagnyGalt
EKD (Canopy Master!)
LoneWolf545 (RSO)
DeltaAir423  (Fri. afternoon set up)
RLunyATL  (Sat. morning set up)
greatshoe  +1
ShineyM3   +1

Side Dishes
Emu............................................<infamous> Pea Salad (you'll either love it or hate it!!!)  
Redwolf51 & Scarlett10mm...........delicious BBQ and to die for pasta salad!!!  
xerxes2695..................................Mmmmmm Bacon wrapped dates!!!
View Quote

Redwolf51+Scarlett +4

Add    Kooloperator +2
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#15]
So my MIL volunteered me to work Friday afternoon, so I won't be out Friday, but I'll try to be out as early as possible on Satuday.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm gonna have to back out of this one, the wife will be traveling to Orlando for her new job that week and I'll have the 3 kids.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#17]
We are going to have a +2 for the day of shooting only.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be a tentative +1. To my surprise, my guest from SWFL is interested in checking out what I enjoy doing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been lurking on here, on and off, for some yrs now. Meet up with CMShoot, some yrs back, with his Combat Pistol class, plus I know some GHT guys were there.  Even talked with Angry Emu about the range, some time ago.  SOO, put me down as a tentative on Saturday. Daughter has away football game Friday night, so can't make it down until Saturday morning.

Semper Fi ! !
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Hadn't been on here in soo long, had to upgrade my member status...LoL

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]
.....With the way things are shaping up at work we may not be able to make it at all.....It's possible we may make it Saturday at some point, but even that is questionable....

...There is the possibility that our '+'s may still be able to make it Saturday if y'all will have them...They enjoyed the Spring Shoot so much they've been looking forward to this one ever since....
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#22]
There's a slim chance I may be able to swing by Sat evening and camp/hang with you guys, but I need to leave Sun AM. If I do I won't be shooting anything except my Martin D-18.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Please update me to +1 (bringing the wife)
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Me and my plus 2 are not going to make it. Wife wants to go to the Perry Fair that day.
Hopefully can make the next one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Put me down for a +1, somehow I convinced my wife
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. Last minute things have come up.

Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey All- I recieved the T-shirts in last night and the ladies tops have to be returned. The regular T-shirts are alright, but the ladies tops were printed incorrectly/the printing ratio was incorrect. (getting a refund, so no worries on that) FML.

I did order extra men's t shirts for those who want to purchase.

Sorry about the bad news, I was super bummed because they were rather cute!

Welp, see you all on Saturday morning.

Best,
Dagny
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I was really hoping to make it, but held off RSVPing because, well, the software business... and now issues with our products that came up this week with both High Sierra and iOS11 mean I'll be working this weekend...
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#29]
So I guess the rendezvous is still on ???

Actually had to look up the word for spelling .

Rendezvous .  I just like the sound of it .

AngryEmuRendezvous.

gd
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#30]
How late does this run ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Between picking cotton and pouring concrete, I will not be able to make it with my group. I do have someone coming by to pickup the shirts and make a range donation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Any particular requests for side dishes or other stuff to bring?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How late does this run ?
View Quote
Depends on whether you have night vision or not :-)  Some folks will be spending the night Saturday night.  I'll be sticking around until early evening.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#34]
That prone platform is really nice.  I hope to get my 249S on there.

I’ll be out there on Saturday around 10:00. I just ended up too busy to be able to make it both days.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Planning on 930 -  10
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Planning on 10ish

While I'm keeping the real oddballs at home, here's a list of what I'll be bringing out.
ACR
Franken AR-15
AR-15A1
Marlin 39A
10/22
HK P7
HK P9S 9mm
HK P30V3 9mm
HK VP9
Sig P226 .40
Sig P320 9mm
S&W M&P Pro .40
S&W 360PD
S&W Model 10
S&W M&P Shield 9mm
Springfield Armory XDs 9mm
Glock G17 9mm

Anything I bring out, people are more than welcome to try out.

I might still drag out the Hakim or the CETME
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#37]
I didn't sleep well so just now hitting the road, won't be there until close to 12.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks again Emu, another great shoot!

Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you Emu and all the volunteers to get this to kick off.  I had a blast, and I look forward to doing it again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#40]
IMHO our Third Fall Shoot at the Angry Emu Range/Campground was another GAHTF success! Here's the After Action Report.

THANK YOU!!!!
I'd like to thank Redwolf (our own Energizer Bunny) for spending 3 whole days working his hind end off with preps, cooking, and clean up!!! His wife, Scarlett 10mm, slaved away at making sure lunch was a big success too! Dagney took care of the sign-in tent, and the T-shirts (what a GREAT design!!!). Lonewolf did his usual excellent job at the thankless task of RSO. Tok762 helped with set-up, was fill-in RSO, and as always shared his cool toys with the HTF! A big thanks to whoever brought the tannerite!!! I know that Redwolf had some, but someone made up some monsters that might well have registered on the Richter Scale!!!! I was at the campground most of the day so I don't know who to thank for those massively ground shaking explosions....!!! I'd also like to thank all of the intrepid members of the GAHTF who braved the weather forecast and came out to attend, even though "Nate" was reported to be bearing down on us. As it turned out, we only had a few sprinkles early in the morning and an overcast sky for most of the day. Other than the humidity being in the 127%+ range, uggg, with temps in the mid 80's, it was a great day to come out for a shoot.

GIVE AWAY GOODIES
I'd also like to thank Rock River Arms and LaRue Tactical for donating some cool door prizes that were given away at the event! Rock River sent us a soft cooler, a sweatshirt, a stainless travel mug/thermos (shaped like a bullet!), some stickers, and lanyards, as well. GaHunter spotted us 3 LaRue MBT-2S triggers that were left over from his MOA Shoot to share with the rest of the GAHTF here at the Fall Shoot! I'm hoping we can get more goodies for future HTF events. If anyone has an in with any companies that would like to sponsor the Fall or Spring Shoots let me know. We've got a great place to hang banners at the firing line, and plenty of room for booth space if they'd like to attend the event.

$$$
The Fall Shoot was successful financially too! YAY!!! The cost to put on the event for food, consumables, porta-john, and misc., was a little over $200. We ended up with an EXCESS of $68 which will be put into our roll-over fund. Last year we ended up about $80 short, which came out of the fund, so being able to replenish that envelope, instead of deplete it further, was a pleasure!!! Range Improvement donations were VERY generous as well!!! First off, I need to point out that Redwolf and Scarlett, built and donated, new target stands, and quite a few additional steel targets, for the Fall Shoot, that will remain at the range year 'round! DeltaAir423 brought some cool new steel targets and donated those to the range too! The best news is that with the monetary donations from the attendees at the Fall Shoot, plus those who have donated to the range throughout the year when they come out to shoot, added to what Range Donations we've had left over from prior Shoots, we now have enough $$$ socked away to be able to erect the pavilion which Draconis has so generously donated materials for!!! Hopefully he can find some time to supervise a crew to help him erect his pavilion for the campground. However, I must point out, that the last few times he has held workdays out here, he was pretty much only supervising MeMe (his wife), so, if we intend to make this happen we're going to need quite a few volunteers who will actually show up for some key work days. Just sayin'.....

ATTENDANCE
I was a little disappointed that no one camped out for either Friday or Saturday nights, but given the likelihood of rain, I certainly understand not wanting to spend a wet/miserable night or two, and then having to clean and dry gear when you get home. Hopefully camping, and the accompanying campfires will be in full swing at the next one. According to the sign in sheet, even with the threat of "Nate," we still had at least 41 folks to show up for the shoot. We could have easily accommodated, and fed, 50 or 60, but I was very pleased with the attendance on what could/should have been a rainy day Shoot. Thank goodness (due to Draconis' efforts!) we have an easier to negotiate drive, and a good layer of gravel on it, so that getting stuck out here is hopefully a thing of the past! (See the First Annual Fall Shoot at the Angry Emu Range!) What I was most impressed with though, was the number of ladies that joined their husbands, boyfriends, and significant others, for a day of shooting!!! For the record: Dagney brought her boyfriend. We need MORE like her! The GAHTF shooting events at the Angry Emu are becoming more and more family type outings, which is our desire, and is GREAT to see! From what I could tell, I'm thinking we had in the range of 35%+ of the attendees that were women. Way to go women! That is a FANTASTIC number!!! I hope we can continue to attract large numbers of ladies to our Shoots. We were a wee bit short on kids this time, but hopefully we can bring that number back up, and try to grow our youngster participation for future events. After all, it's the kids that are the future of our sport!

BOTTOM LINE:
I had a GREAT time, this is still the SAFEST group of shooters I've ever had the pleasure to be around, and the camaraderie, helpfulness, generosity, and pleasantness of the attendees always makes these events a sheer joy to attend. Remember, the Angry Emu Range/Campground is open year 'round for those of the HTF who care to come make use of it! Just PM, text, or call me, and come on out!!! Hope to see all of y'all again, and LOTS of new faces at our Spring Shoot next year!!!

Almost forgot..... Anyone with pics, please post up!!!

Oh, and a quick apology for not being as active as I should have been at posting, leading up to the event. My legal issues at the shop are coming to a head, and I've had a family issue to deal with to boot, so I've been pretty busy with that stuff for the last couple of weeks or so. Sorry folks for not being as on top of things as I should have been. I'll try to do better next time!
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#41]
My wife and I would like to thank all of those who attended the Fall Shoot Saturday. We do enjoy helping put on these events. We hope to see you all in the spring and see what improvements we have made to our range.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#42]
videos removed
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top