Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 6:48:41 AM EDT
I love gun ranges/stores.  The more the merrier.  I grew up in Pennsylvania and we were lucky to have one or two gun ranges within 30 miles of each other.  They were usually in the middle of nowhere, or in the seediest part of the city where you needed a gun to get there safely.  

Lately in Northern GA, there have been three new gun ranges built and opened in the last few monnths.  This is great news!

The thing I find funny is at Hi-Caliber range in Holly Springs (nice place) has a new gun range opening right next door (Big Woods Extreme).  I have seen gas stations open up right across the street or next door, but never another gun store.

Both offer gun ranges, and a full retail store.  Big Woods range isn't open yet, but has anyone ever seen two gun ranges withing 100 yards of each other?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The new Adventure Outdoors will not be far from Wild West.

A new range opened in Sandy Springs and Roswell is getting a new one, too.

I hope they all have enough business to keep the lights on. Shooting is a hobby which competes for disposable income with many priorities.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I love gun ranges/stores.  The more the merrier.  I grew up in Pennsylvania and we were lucky to have one or two gun ranges within 30 miles of each other.  They were usually in the middle of nowhere, or in the seediest part of the city where you needed a gun to get there safely.  

Lately in Northern GA, there have been three new gun ranges built and opened in the last few monnths.  This is great news!

The thing I find funny is at Hi-Caliber range in Holly Springs (nice place) has a new gun range opening right next door (Big Woods Extreme).  I have seen gas stations open up right across the street or next door, but never another gun store.

Both offer gun ranges, and a full retail store.  Big Woods range isn't open yet, but has anyone ever seen two gun ranges withing 100 yards of each other?

Big woods was open 3 weeks ago when I was there. The range wasnt up and going but the store was. Also SimperFi is somehow affiliated with HiCaliber and he (SimperFi) now has his SOT.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I hope they all have enough business to keep the lights on. Shooting is a hobby which competes for disposable income with many priorities.

Present Adventure Outdoors is not far from Wild West.

But, Wild West (Hot Shots) has been there 22 years that I know of
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to go for rides to other parts of town for gun shopping where there were several gun shops within a few miles of each other back in the 70's and 80's.
It's always seemed easier to find something interesting as far as collectables when there are several options.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Present Adventure Outdoors is not far from Wild West.

But, Wild West (Hot Shots) has been there 22 years that I know of

The new Adventure Outdoors will have an indoor range. Presently they do not have range facilities.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big woods was open 3 weeks ago when I was there. The range wasnt up and going but the store was. Also SimperFi is somehow affiliated with HiCaliber and he (SimperFi) now has his SOT.

Big Woods picked a horrible location.  Basically off the beaten path, while HiCal is very very visible.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Semper" Fi. Semper Fidelis = always faithful.

Chris is a good guy and I think his business remains separate from Hi-Caliber's even though they occupy the same building.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Semper" Fi. Semper Fidelis = always faithful.

Chris is a good guy and I think his business remains separate from Hi-Caliber's even though they occupy the same building.

They are separate, but Chris had a fit when people say that Hi-Caliber got their SOT, he wants people to know it's his apparently.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
First off let me say, Mark if you need to delete this post please do so. I am not advertising for anything.

I just want to clear up some mis communications. Apparently some folks heard that Hi Caliber got an SOT. No they didn't, I did. I took on a partner when I applied for my '07 license and the SOT. Sean Jerguson lets me have office space at Hi Caliber for my '01 license, in return I work there in the evenings and do not receive a pay check. I won't say much more on this subject for respect of the COC for the HTF.

If anyone wants to know anything more or has more questions please IM or email them to me and I will answer.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top