Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 6:40:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There seems to be a fine line between devoted fan and just plain creepy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got home from there. All the drunk girls and body paint were out past 1am. I hosted a limbo party in the Star Wars room, it was great. Hot lesbians FTMFW. I was dressed as The Spirit and got stopped for pictures every few seconds since I was the only one there (surprisingly). Also, after about 1:30 they stopped carding all together and all the ugly people left apparently. I got back stage at the Voltaire concert and met him. More stories Monday because I'm going to bed and then going back down there all tomorrow.

Peace.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!?  What is it? A costume party?  Some decent lookin tail there, but I don't care for costumes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I know the Girl in the second picture very well. The one in the back that is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!?  What is it? A costume party?  Some decent lookin tail there, but I don't care for costumes.

Geek Mardi Gras.  Costumes from EVERY aspect of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, anime, etc...  TV and movie stars (friend has a picture of him with Summer Glau from Firefly), writers, publishers, artists (was standing next to Pete Abrams at the Cruxshadows concert at 2am), etc...  And some of the costumes are little more than some x's of electrical tape in strategic places.  I was at a very enjoyable Corsets and Kilts party until 5am Sunday morning, need to email the young lady who expressed an interest in learning to shoot :-) (no, my pictures are NOT generally GD compliant :-) ).

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Geek Mardi Gras.  Costumes from EVERY aspect of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, anime, etc...  TV and movie stars (friend has a picture of him with Summer Glau from Firefly), writers, publishers, artists (was standing next to Pete Abrams at the Cruxshadows concert at 2am), etc...  And some of the costumes are little more than some x's of electrical tape in strategic places.  I was at a very enjoyable Corsets and Kilts party until 5am Sunday morning, need to email the young lady who expressed an interest in learning to shoot :-) (no, my pictures are NOT generally GD compliant :-) ).

I do have a BOTD thread going if you want to post in there. The link is in my GD thread.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man, it was great. I was at the Voltaire concert Saturday and Cruxshadows concert Sunday. I bullshitted my way backstage and talked to them before the show as well.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
<sigh> Once again, I got invited, but there were already irrevocable plans... I had to work a damn gunshow.

I think this is like year 10 that pretty much the same thing has happened
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man, it was great. I was at the Voltaire concert Saturday and Cruxshadows concert Sunday. I bullshitted my way backstage and talked to them before the show as well.  

For the Cruxshadows concert, I started by the speakers on the left side of the stage, then backed up to the back of the dance floor and was with John Ringo, his fiance', and Pete Abrams (of Sluggy Freelance) watching the show (and dancing with Ringo's fiance ;-) ).  Didn't bother trying to go backstage, Rogue and Ringo are buddies, he and Jessica stopped by while we were out on the cigar terrace at the Hyatt today, but had a panel so they couldn't stay long.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the Cruxshadows concert, I started by the speakers on the left side of the stage, then backed up to the back of the dance floor and was with John Ringo, his fiance', and Pete Abrams (of Sluggy Freelance) watching the show (and dancing with Ringo's fiance ;-) ).  Didn't bother trying to go backstage, Rogue and Ringo are buddies, he and Jessica stopped by while we were out on the cigar terrace at the Hyatt today, but had a panel so they couldn't stay long.

I kept my eye out for you, but there were so many people there.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#12]
i like the guy dressed as casey jones...i think he was my favorite character in the tmnt movie(1990 version)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I kept my eye out for you, but there were so many people there.  

I honestly didn't spend a lot of time just wandering around, I was in a few panels by authors I know (primarily John Ringo and Mike Williamson), then hanging out where my friends were likely to be (cigar terrace at the Hyatt used to be our main hangout, was out there several hours Monday as things closed down), or going to parties or dinner with a group.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top