Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 8:37:11 PM EDT
I'm not real keen on posting items for sale in the EE and I'm not knowledgable enough to answer my own question so I'll ask here first.

First some background: The guy who owns the range where I shoot asked me, last time I was out, if I was interested in some mags for my AR. They're 30 round mags so I'm not. I told him I'd be willing to put them up for him, provided I could, and attempt to sell them on the EE.

The reason I'm not so sure about it is that these mags are marked on the side

"RESTRICTED MILITARY/GOV'T/LAW ENFORCEMENT/EXPORT USE ONLY"

Does this mean it's a no-no to sell them? They're nearly new Kay industries 30 round mags with green followers and I've got almost 30 of them. I'd hate to tell him "no can do Jefferey" because I'm not going to buy them and I know he could use the money.

(BTW, he wants 10 bucks a piece for them and I don't know if that's even a fair price.)

Okay, here's what I'm doing. These are the pics I just took of the mags that I'll be posting in the EE. As you can see from the first pic, I have a total of 28 30-round mags:

The two mags on the top right are the ones that I'm throwing into the lot. Those are Center Industries Corp. 30 round mags.

The rest are K Industries. Inc. 30 round mags

And the K Industries mags are all marked as in the really crappy picture below (best I could do to enhance the writing)

The two Center Industries mags have each been used once. The other mags, I'm not certain how many times that they've been used but, the only wear on them is the type of wear you'd expect from a bunch of magazines rubbing against one another in a bag. There are one or two that have obviously been inserted in a rifle at some point, at least once. That's about the best description I can give for those.

All of the money I get from these is going to Jeffery, including the two mags that I'm throwing into the lot (hey, the guy lets me shoot at his range for free).

Before I put these in the EE I've had the following people indicate that they'd like some:

Quoted:
I'd probably be up for 5+.

Quoted:
I'd like to grab some also.

Quoted:
I'd like to grab 4 locally if possible.

Originally Posted By rlord (via email):
I'll take a couple off your hands for $10 each + shipping

Originally Posted By swgaboy (via email):
i'll take 5 of them

So that's, by my count, 9 mags for sure and ???

I want to give first dibs to you guys and I want to post an accurate number of available mags in the EE so, if you want some, please let me know exactly how many you want. I have no idea how much it costs to ship magazines and I'd prefer to let someone in one of those gun hating states get the non-marked mags. My intention is to sell these for $10.00 each + actual shipping. Or, if you want to come to Augusta you can save the trouble of shipping costs.

I do not have a pay-pal account, the wife does though. She's willing to let me use her paypal account for this but I'm leary of having some ass-hat say the wrong thing resulting in her account being locked up. I'm not sure about the best way to handle the actual receiving of money other than USPS money orders.

Any advice here would be hot.

And anyone of you guys who've indicated that you want some, please let me know exactly how many you want. For those of you who already have, I'll email you or IM you so we can figure out the shipping/meeting up/whateva.

Thanks,

- Chuck
[email protected]

One last thing: I'd like to post these to the EE in an official "no sales in the hometown forum" type of way as soon as possible. I appreciate your taking the time to read this and replying in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The "restricted use only" means that they were made during the AWB, and at the time could only be used by LE/Mil.  They are perfectly legal to own as long as you live in a state that does not have its own version of the AWB.  CA, HI, MA, MD, NJ, and NY are the states that come to mind.  $10 is a very good price.  If I weren't a poor college kid, I would buy them all.  Go ahead and list them.  They should all sell.

BTW, missed you at the CE group shoot.  I must have left before you got back from JKiser's.  Breakfast for 20 4.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait til BookHound sees this...I bet he will buy them. He is a mag WHORE!

p.s. We asked if there was a large table reserved at Cracka Barrel around 7:55:21am but the 'hostess' said nope. He was friendly though.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]

p.s. We asked if there was a large table reserved at Cracka Barrel around 7:55:21am but the 'hostess' said nope. He was friendly though.

You were probably gone before we even ate.  We got there around 8:00, but we waited until nearly 9:00 to see if anyone else was going to show.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I'd add is make sure you don't sell to states with bans in place.

A Caveat stating "No sales to states where posession is illegal" works good.

BTW, are they new or used? $10 for new is a good deal, but used should go for $8.00-$8.50 each.

And I'd say don't waste your time selling ones and twos. Shipping will be too much. Sell them in lots of 5 or so.

BUT! As "BulletLipps" said, you'll probably sell them locally if you give it a day before you put them in the EE.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd probably be up for 5+. Where are you located ?

Maybe we could meet up and do some shooting.

IM or EM me.

rj
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to grab some also. Where are you located and I'd be happy to meet up with you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm located in the Augusta area but I didn't want to turn this into a sale ad in the hometown thread. That being said, anyone who wants some, you're more than welcomed to them. As far as being new vs. used: If they were put in a rifle once, it was plenty.

Jefferys son is Army and is, right now, in Iraq. He came home for about a month, not too long ago, and just recently left again. Suddenly Jefferey has nearly 30 AR mags and no AR-15 to use them in.

The following is not something that I know for a fact, it's something I suspect may be possible, maybe, or not...

I wonder if his son got them from... uh... wait a sec... maybe...hmm.

I'm not saying that's where these came from. I don't know, for a fact, if that is or is not the case. But that's part of the other reason I was hesitant to list them.

ETA: gsu2720, breakfast was great! I missed the shoot altogether. Joseph is an awesome guy and it was difficult peeling myself out of his garage.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#8]

they are worthless but Ill give you $5 for the lot cuz i am pro-fe-shunnel enough.  

just kidding - you already got the correct andwes

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Email sent on these.  I'd like to grab 4 locally if possible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I sent an IM to Book asking about the best way to handle offering these locally before I put them in the EE. I don't want to break any forum rules and I want to be fair to the local guys who've already asked for some.

As it stands, right now, I can't place the ad in the EE because I don't know how many mags I'll have available to the rest of the world. You guys who've emailed me, IM'd me, or indicated in this thread that you'd like some are the first ones on the list to get any but GeorgeW2004 is, so far, the only one who's said "I'd like X number of mags".

I just want to be fair to everyone. I'm not making a penny off of any of this (and I'm putting the 2 30-round mags I have into the lot) so please, be patient with me.

As soon as I hear back from Book, I'll know better how I should handle this.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Several emails are inbound.

Original post has been updated.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:52:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow! You guys are awesome.

All of the mags have been spoken for. I'm still waiting on shipping addresses and payment arrangments from a couple of guys but, as it is, I'm all out of mags.

Jefferey will be a very happy old dude. If he manages to come across some more, I'll be sure to let all of you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top