Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 10:30:59 AM EDT
I am thinking about buying a set of Armorworks military contract SAPI's.  I know it is legal to buy and/or sell SAPI's in all 50 states except Connecticut.  I found this .PDF today that has got me wondering about this specific brand.  This case went through the courts in 2003 so a lot may have changed since.  These could have been released as surplus.

Thanks for any opinions guys.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I would go for some non-military SAPIs/rifle rated plates.  Too many stolen plates out there for me to be comfortable buying military plates.  IIRC no SAPI plates have been surplused yet but I wouldn't know for sure.  Plenty of civilian plates are available, no need to risk ending up with stolen military equipment.  My .02, YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no such thing as "Civilian SAPI."  SAPI-designated plates are made for the government only, by several contracted companies, and have NOT been surplussed at all.  If you buy a plate marked "SAPI," then consider yourself warned.  

There are plenty of alternatives that won't break the bank, don't weigh a metric fuckton, and aren't as thick as the Great Wall Of China.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top