Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:30:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 11:14:12 AM EDT by GeorgeW2004]
I am thinking about buying a set of Armorworks military contract SAPI's. I know it is legal to buy and/or sell SAPI's in all 50 states except Connecticut. I found this .PDF today that has got me wondering about this specific brand. This case went through the courts in 2003 so a lot may have changed since. These could have been released as surplus.

Thanks for any opinions guys.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:55:09 PM EDT
Personally I would go for some non-military SAPIs/rifle rated plates. Too many stolen plates out there for me to be comfortable buying military plates. IIRC no SAPI plates have been surplused yet but I wouldn't know for sure. Plenty of civilian plates are available, no need to risk ending up with stolen military equipment. My .02, YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:05:16 AM EDT
There is no such thing as "Civilian SAPI." SAPI-designated plates are made for the government only, by several contracted companies, and have NOT been surplussed at all. If you buy a plate marked "SAPI," then consider yourself warned.

There are plenty of alternatives that won't break the bank, don't weigh a metric fuckton, and aren't as thick as the Great Wall Of China.
Top Top