Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 8:58:40 PM EDT
I was just talking with a buddy of mine who will remain nameless.. and we both decided a piranah pit would be a good idea if you didnt live around alot of kids. After checking out the Piranah Fury website I dont see why more people dont have these fun loving creatures as pets. They can get over a foot long and will eat anything you feed them. As for the pit it could be like a koi pond.... except .. filled with deadly fish that will strip your bones of meat in about 3 minutes.
 I was trying to think who on the GA board might have Piranahs and came up with TheReject and DeltaAir... Ross I thought of you too budy, you seem like you would have Piranahs for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez no input on Piranahs? Like you guys never thought about having a piranah pit!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
We've already got one... It's called general discussion
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, I will tell you all about them. Come on over and bring your swim trunks, we could talk about it in my hot tub. Funny it does kinda look like a koi pond.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Piranhas are illegal in GA.

If they or their eggs escape it would cause damage to environment.

Think fire ant
Coyotes
Cud zoo
Carp
And the list goes on, some real nasty critters.
Don’t do it…
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive heard to the contrary, about the law that is. Im assuming you are a DNR employee. We have a lake behined my house thats always got people around it. I guess if it had a school of meat eaters that could cause some problems.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Aligators are native to Georgia.......
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Alot of the intown crowd here likes to take their dogs down and toss tennis balls into the water and the dogs go and splash around. I could just see that getting ugly really quick.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Alot of the intown crowd here likes to take their dogs down and toss tennis balls into the water and the dogs go and splash around. I could just see that getting ugly really quick.

Well, one time at least.

BytetheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ive heard to the contrary, about the law that is. Im assuming you are a DNR employee. We have a lake behined my house thats always got people around it. I guess if it had a school of meat eaters that could cause some problems.

I am retired DNR LE.

Here is link http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=27-5-1

specified 27-5-5 -4

Just don't do it. you can do a lot of damage with these fish.

Example, Flathead Catfish were released into GA waters by well meaning people and the catfish are doing a lot of damage to the envireoment

I and others, would like to send a bill to the person who released Fire Ants.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I see what your saying. I have some horrer stories about fire ants from childhood.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Ps (& most other tropical fish) won't survive GA's winters.  so unless u have a pond warmer/heater, it ain't gonna work.  south FL is a different story.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
dnr212, I've heard stories about gators and other stuff being let loose in Lanier.  Any truth to that, or are those just urban legend kind of stories?

I have saw and Gators are in Barrow Jackson Hall Banks Franklin Countys.

I was attending a Bar B Q at the Swamp Shack behind Akins Ford three years ago. and oboserved a baby gator on a beaver pond dam.  Dranage to Fort Yargo Lake

Had some kids catch one while fishing in south Hall County.  This one was four foot long, They kept it in the bath tub.

Charged several people with killing two Gators in Franklin County 1976

They are here.

Don't think that fish and wildlife will not adapt  they will.

Had a man catch a Parahana from beaver Swamp near Commerce and another was caught in South Hall a few years back. Looked like a large Bream with several rows of good teeth.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a stuffed pirahna on top of my fridge. The fire ants were introduced into Texas decades ago in a shipment from elsewhere-they are territorial and migrated like the armadillo and coyote. Aramdillos are now in S metro.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:06:33 AM EDT
[#16]
They are allergic to .45LC ... or so ive heard. But at least I didnt make hats out em " Dilla' hats "
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#17]
So, I guess the idea of putting piranahs in Piedmont Park's pond is out of the question.  Sure would control the floaters though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope no pirannahs.  All the fucking critters are my ex's.  I miss those dogs, but I don't miss any other critter in that house, four and two legged!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top