Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:03:49 AM EDT
I love the ALMS and the Rolex Sports car series. Is there anyone else who enjoys this type of stuff? I am a regular at the Petite LeMans. I want to try and go to Daytona and Sebring next year.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:24:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:24:39 AM EDT
I've live within 15 miles of Road Atlanta for 30 years, I work for a company who's founder owns Road Atlanta, and I've never been to a race there. I like road races a lot better than NASCAR or anything similar, but just never go.

I like F1, Lemans.

Ferraris vs. Mercedes, the Audis, the Cadillacs.
Panoz started my company and I remember when he front the $$ for his son to start Panoz racing. So, natrually, I follow the car a bit.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:54 AM EDT
fan here as well
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:40:05 AM EDT
+1.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:26:47 AM EDT
Oh yeah, Sebring is the other track that Panoz owns.

IIRC, LarryG went to Sebring last year for the 24hour Lemans.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:46:39 AM EDT
I like F1 and SCCA racing also. I keep wanting to drive at Roebling Road with either the SCCA or PCA.
By default, I am a Ferrari and Porche fan. Is anyone planning on going to Petite this year? I think it is in Sept.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 5:37:13 PM EDT by jeffdt]
+i For ALMS, big Audi fan and owner. Go every year. Lol, free tix. I was hit by a race officials car while walking over to the pits four years ago and was given four life time passes. I wasn't hurt but the guy felt really bad and stepped up. I've also driven Road Atlanta several times, first time was at an "Audi Driving Experience". Auto cross, skid pad, accident avoidence, lap time both behind the wheel and with a pro driver at the wheel. Took first place in the A6 class in the auto cross. I also thought I did great on the track in a new S8, thought I had pushed it to it's limits. Then the pro driver switched seats with me for two laps, I almost messed myself!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:59:21 PM EDT
Hey jeffdt, i have been wanting to drive Road Atlanta for a long time. I have a boxster, and am a member of the Porsche Club of America. I just can't justify spending $300 for some track time during a drivers ed event. Maybe I can come up with some money after I graduate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:29:21 PM EDT
I drove Roebling about 10 years ago in my modified euro 635, slicker than heck.... not enough elevation changes to be real fun IMO
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:01:43 PM EDT
road atlanta !! , little talladega!!!! roebling rd!!! been there done that.....
Roadracing was my life for years ... I've talked with aaron yates, scott russell(several times) colin edwards and been on the track with the likes of nicky hayden....
I guess you could call me a fan, but I don't go to the races much anymore, It just makes me want to go back to it Maybe in a few years I can go back and do some vintage
Either way If you've never watched it, your missing out!
Real men will race in the rain!!!! pansies call the race....
Ever see what happens to a bike in a rain storm on a high bank track at 100 plus when the rear busts loose???? well the rear starts going down and the front starts looking at the wall!!!!
All you can do is ease up on the throttle and let it correct...

Always remember its not a sport if people don't get killed doing it...
Speed
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:08:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 9:09:26 PM EDT by jeffdt]

Originally Posted By ga41:
I drove Roebling about 10 years ago in my modified euro 635, slicker than heck.... not enough elevation changes to be real fun IMO

That's what got me at Road atlanta. The elevation changes. Nothing like a blind curve at 100 MPH, with the car lifting off it's suspension. Which way is this one now? Left or right? Man, you gotta be quick.
Top Top