Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
My GF might be dragging my ass to the area next month and I'm sure to be in for a culture shock, to say the least....

Will likely be flying into Atlanta (I've heard this can be fun) and driving the rest of the way....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want to know?

I was a rural area until 10-15 years ago. Today it's experiencing rapid growth. There are many neighborhoods springing up all over the place. Most of the developments I see are in the 130-150K range.

The downtown area of Winder is OK and there are still quite a few businesses in the downtown area.

Traffic isn't so bad today, but I expect it to get worse as the rapid growth continues. That's a given for most populated areas of GA.

TD  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It's green with lots of trees. Traffic sucks, there has been a lot of housing growth in the area but the road system has not kept up. What part of AZ of you located in?

Chris
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up about 15-20 miles N. of Winder and I can remember when the property with today's neighborhoods were poultry farms, cow pastures etc. I can also remember riding all days long and rarely driving on paved roads.

They call this progress???????

TD
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's green with lots of trees. Traffic sucks, there has been a lot of housing growth in the area but the road system has not kept up. What part of AZ of you located in?

Chris

Southwest portion.

Any HOG hunting to be done in Georgia?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#6]
AZ-K9

Are you a L.E.O. ?  I am retired from G.S.P./K-9 and my cousin is ret. from D.N.R.  When are you planning on being in the Winder area?  I might be able to hook you up with a place to hunt coyotes but don't have anywhere close to hog hunt.  Let us know if you are interested in calling a few yotes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Barrow County, not far from Bookhound.  I love it out here.  It's not quite as quiet as I would like it to be, but it beats the hell out of Gwinnett.  Nothing wrong with Gwinnett, just too busy/developed for my tastes.

I am also about 15 minutes from Road Atlanta, which suits me just fine.

Someone said traffic is not bad.  That is true for most of Barrow, but downtown Winder has ungodly traffic for such a small town.

If you like hot dogs, you will have to go visit Dave's Dawgs.  He makes the best dogs outside of the Varsity.  He is a University of Athens Trembling Chihuahua fan, but I don't hold that against him.

AZ and GA do NOT have reciprocity if that is of a concern, unless you are LEO, of course.

Depending on what part of AZ you are from, you might go into shock at how green this place is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I

AZ and GA do NOT have reciprocity if that is of a concern, unless you are LEO, of course.

Depending on what part of AZ you are from, you might go into shock at how green this place is.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Not moving (yet), just visiting for a couple of days. For some reason I had the idea it was very rural and I could hunt just about anywhere.....Stupid left coasters.

I got the LEO thing going on CCW, no worries there.

Yeah, I think it will be a shock, here is what I am used to, maximum TAN!

Since I'm lazy, is GA suppressor and SBR friendly?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I

Thanks for the replies fellas. Not moving (yet), just visiting for a couple of days. For some reason I had the idea it was very rural and I could hunt just about anywhere.....Stupid left coasters.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/DSC01502.jpg

Yes, but not at the DNR ranges.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/DSC01502.jpg

Yes, but not at the DNR ranges.

Actually depends on the county you live in Barrow and Hall county no problem, Gwinnet, good luck getting a CLEO signoff unless you're buying a MG.  Much better to form a LLC for SBR's and supressors.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Actually depends on the county you live in Barrow and Hall county no problem, Gwinnet, good luck getting a CLEO signoff unless you're buying a MG.  Much better to form a LLC for SBR's and supressors.

I don't think he's talking about BUYING one, just BRINGING one...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:12:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Move to Forsyth Co. Our Sheriff is very friendly and signs of on them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#14]
http://www.pap.state.ga.us/parolee_database.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top