Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
I was in Wally World the other day. I was wearing my Glock polo and some guy started talking to me about guns. He tells me his brother is opening a gunstore and range up in Oakwood. I drive through there weekly and saw the place off Hwy 53. I believe it was called Sportsmans Lodge. It's giant and looks really nice. Have not been inside yet, but want to check it out. It's a 2 story building. One area for archery and the other for firearms. If anyone is in that area stop and check it out. Looks pretty good on the outside.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:46:45 PM EDT
It's due to open some time this month. I drive by it every day and keep watching to see when it's opened up.

Wonder if they need any help?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
Where in hell is Oakwood?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:25:01 PM EDT
near Gainesville on I-85. There's a big poultry microbiology testing place there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 7:27:15 PM EDT by Kletzenklueffer]
16 Miles up I-985, about 50 miles north of ATL.

There's only one other gunshop (aside from pawn shops) in the general area, so it's a welcomed addition. I hope they carry reloading stuff.

I'm expecting another hunter target audience, with maybe a EBR or two, just to make the old timers go "Can't hunt no deer with it. It's just a glorified .22".

[ETA]- oh, it's just about 4 miles from me
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:10:38 PM EDT

I'm expecting another hunter target audience, with maybe a EBR or two, just to make the old timers go "Can't hunt no deer with it. It's just a glorified .22".

You were right. I went in today. It's a mini Bass Pro. Saw one WAY OVERPRICED AR. Not what I would have liked to have seen, but at least it has guns.
Top Top