Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
I was in Wally World the other day. I was wearing my Glock polo and some guy started talking to me about guns. He tells me his brother is opening a gunstore and range up in Oakwood. I drive through there weekly and saw the place off Hwy 53. I believe it was called Sportsmans Lodge. It's giant and looks really nice. Have not been inside yet, but want to check it out. It's a 2 story building. One area for archery and the other for firearms. If anyone is in that area stop and check it out. Looks pretty good on the outside.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It's due to open some time this month. I drive by it every day and keep watching to see when it's opened up.

Wonder if they need any help?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Where in hell is Oakwood?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
near Gainesville on I-85.  There's a big poultry microbiology testing place there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
16 Miles up I-985, about 50 miles north of ATL.

There's only one other gunshop (aside from pawn shops) in the general area, so it's a welcomed addition. I hope they carry reloading stuff.

I'm expecting another hunter target audience, with maybe a EBR or two, just to make the old timers go "Can't hunt no deer with it. It's just a glorified .22".

[ETA]- oh, it's just about 4 miles from me
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm expecting another hunter target audience, with maybe a EBR or two, just to make the old timers go "Can't hunt no deer with it. It's just a glorified .22".

You were right. I went in today. It's a mini Bass Pro. Saw one WAY OVERPRICED AR. Not what I would have liked to have seen, but at least it has guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top