Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 8:14:28 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in the Athens area that can install a King's combat front sight on a Ballester-Molina??? The old slot is only .052 and the new one is .058. I just put Dura Coat on pistol( I guess I should have waited. BUT I DIDN'T!!!!!! So no flames...OK?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Gazaway can do it but he is near Alpharetta.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite as a back up, and poor eyesight.  I needed a dot front and rear system.  The Colt had  the normal blade front sight, no dovetail whatsoever.  I took it to Davids gunroom on Buford Hwy in Norcross to see what they could do, I talked to the smith and he offered several options.  All involved grinding off the front blade and cutting a dovetail to accept the new front sight.  I was really, really worried about how it was going to turn out. Anyway I left my prized Colt with him and picked it up three weeks later.  AWESOME JOB, I was amazed.  Now I can actually see my sights and the finish is perfect.  I can't remember his name but he is still there, I see him all the time when Im picking up reloading stuff.

If you can't find someone local it would be well worth the drive!

Jeff

yp.bellsouth.com/sites/davidsgunroom/page4.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys...I might have to go that route...dovetail cut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top