Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:14:28 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in the Athens area that can install a King's combat front sight on a Ballester-Molina??? The old slot is only .052 and the new one is .058. I just put Dura Coat on pistol( I guess I should have waited. BUT I DIDN'T!!!!!! So no flames...OK?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:57:37 PM EDT
Gazaway can do it but he is near Alpharetta.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:59:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 8:45:04 AM EDT by jeffdt]
I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite as a back up, and poor eyesight. I needed a dot front and rear system. The Colt had the normal blade front sight, no dovetail whatsoever. I took it to Davids gunroom on Buford Hwy in Norcross to see what they could do, I talked to the smith and he offered several options. All involved grinding off the front blade and cutting a dovetail to accept the new front sight. I was really, really worried about how it was going to turn out. Anyway I left my prized Colt with him and picked it up three weeks later. AWESOME JOB, I was amazed. Now I can actually see my sights and the finish is perfect. I can't remember his name but he is still there, I see him all the time when Im picking up reloading stuff.

If you can't find someone local it would be well worth the drive!

Jeff

yp.bellsouth.com/sites/davidsgunroom/page4.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:27:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:50:44 AM EDT
Thanks guys...I might have to go that route...dovetail cut.
Top Top