Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 4:57:10 PM EDT
Has anybody participated in this?  Im going and this will be my first time in a shoot.

Heres the jist      www.rpcrange.com

TACTICAL PISTOL & CQB RIFLE INFORMATION SHEET

Tactical Pistol & CQB Rifle match is held monthly on the first Saturday at 1:00 pm.  Entry fee is $15 and $5 for each additional gun.  Free T-shirt to all entrants.

Targets are a combination of paper torsos, steel and bowling pins.  Ranges of the target array are typically less than 25 yds.   Your score is computed by adding penalties for misses (+5 seconds) to your overall time taken from the electronic “Pro-timer”.

COF’s (course of fire) are distributed by email prior to the match date.  They change every month.   Usually there will be two points for pistol and two points for CQB rifle.  Points are duplicated to minimize waiting time for the competitors.  

Pistol categories are determined by magazine capacity: 6 or less, 8 or less, 10 or less and unlimited.

Rifle categories are by weapon type:  223w/optic, 223 iron sight, 30 caliber w/optic, 30 caliber iron sight, 30 caliber carbine, AKw/optic and AK iron sight.  Note that only service calibers are authorized.

Periodically there will be a shotgun stage or a required use of shotgun in one of the pistol stages.  

To receive the match COF’s [email protected] and put “add me” in the subject line.

For club information and questions [email protected]  

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with a few guys from the CSRA crowd a couple of years ago, and we had a great time.  It's a very simple, straight forward COF.  If your new at this type of competition, I can't think of a better place to start.  The RO's were very helpful.  There were shooters of all skill levels.

It is a fairly short COF, so IMHO it's not worth the long drive from Augusta.

I might add that I witnessed perhaps the fastest reload I have ever seen with a rifle; the guy was shooting before the mag hit the ground.  Call me old fashioned, but I appreciate that kind of attention to detail; it's mastering the basic skills that makes a good shooter.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
going to the RBGC match on Sat.  Good luck on your match
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wheres that at and what r the details?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wheres that at and what r the details?

There is a Cowboy Shoot at the Action Pistol Bays, and a 3 Gun Match
at the MP-2 Range. Here is the link to the home page of the club.

www.rbgc.org/

ARH
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]

mugenmanxr, I don't know where you're located, but we put on a good Tactical Rifle match just over on the SC side of the river.  If you don't mind the drive, it's definitely worth checking out.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=35&t=220199
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top