BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Uh-oh.  Wife and kids out of town until late Saturday. Lots of ammo on hand. I see a drive to SC in my future.  Near future.  

Newby questions:

What's the pro/con for shooting the AR-10 vs. the AR-15?

Your manhood will be beyond reproach.

They're still wondering about the rest of us mouse gunners.

Iron sights or scope?

Most of the guys run reflex optics (Aimpoint / EOThingy)

I try to vary the COF enough ( from "my muzzle blast just set the target on fire" to "where the heck is my bolt gun" distances) to make the sights a toss up.  Some of the best runs we've ever had were made with an iron-sighted M1A.  It's the driver, not the car.

How long does it really take on a Sat PM to get from Carolina Star to the ATL airport?

I don't have a clue.

We've never had anyone actually cross the river and live to tell the tale.

What time should the shoot be finished?

If everyone shows.....

sometime next thursday evening.

Just might have to mosey on over and see what some of these arfcommers look like.

The camera makes me look slow.

..... and inaccurate.

.....and gray haired.

.....and fat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Re: benefits of shooting the AR10 - My manhood has never been questioned.  Sanity, yes. Manhood, no.

Now that i've gotten that off my hairy chest , it looks like y'all are going to have to do it without me.  I need to run that new 220 line out to the shop this weekend. (220, 221, whatever it takes)

Nothing worse than having live wires exposed with the boys around - "Daddy, can I touch it now? Can I make David touch it?  What if I throw water on it?  Can you stop working and play with us?"

Are you guys going to shoot rain or shine?  Weather keeps looking worser and worserer. er.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The river takes its toll again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The river takes its toll again.

Hee-hee. I was waiting for someone to say that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you guys going to shoot rain or shine?  Weather keeps looking worser and worserer. er.

Saturday's forecast is for PM showers, so we should be O.K.

We shoot a lot of IDPA (cardboard) targets, which don't hold up very well in inclement weather, so matches may be cancelled due to rain.

.....not to mention that soggy RO's can be R-E-A-L-L-Y grumpy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
What's the latest forecast?

That's a REALLY long way to go to find the match is cancelled.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Accuweather.com for Aiken SC is showing rain all day tomorrow.

This stinks, man.

FOUR FRIGGEN WEEKS IN A ROW NOW-  nice all week long, rain on Saturday. Then nice again on Sunday.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Scotchguard the targets, give to ROs a valium and LETS SHOOT....It's only a little water  

There's worse things in life than being to wet!!!  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Scotchguard the targets, give to ROs a valium and LETS SHOOT....It's only a little water  

There's worse things in life than being to wet!!!  

I don't mind getting wet, but pasters don't stick to wet targets.

In fact, I'd love to get some inclement weather training.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay folks, just a reminder for the match tomorrow.  SCOOP and I spent all day setting things up.  The COF kicks ass, if I do say so myself.

It is E-V-I-L.

The latest forecast calls for afternoon showers, so the match is on.  The long distance stage on the rifle range will take the longest to shoot, so we'll shoot the first two stages and the Shoot House (this is the best one yet ), and save the long distance stage on the rifle range for last.

PLEASE COME PREPARED TO SHOOT!!!

We know that we'll be working against the clock, so we want to get a fast start, and move along as quickly as possible.  You can help us by having your gear together (mags loaded, etc.) and being ready to shoot.  We'll alos need as much help as possible with pasting targets, and resetting steel / pins.

See you in the morning!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
With bells on.

What's the address again for Carolina Star?  Website seems to be down.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's the address again for Carolina Star?  Website seems to be down.

www.aiken-explorer.com/ad-carolina-star-gun-&-hunt-club-aiken-sc.htm

Peggy had some problems with her webmaster, so the site is down, but should be back on line shortly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Thirty + shooters in the pouring rain.

Man you guys are hard core.

We really appreciate the support for what we're doing, and hope everyone that attended had a good time.  We'll have the scores up on www.csrapistol.com in the next couple of days, and I'll post a link to the pictures as soon as I have it.  

We'll post the information for the next match as soon as it's available.

Thanks again!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Another EXCELLENT match, but this one was prolly the best ever.

CoF's really forced you to think.

Gotta LOVE the shoot house (even tho I think I got unfairly dinged for shooting a hostage - I think the paster fell off from someone elses shooting the hostage. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. )

Seriously, you guys run a GREAT show.

Ya think travel to Aiken for a defensive carbine match is tax deductible? Cuz I can see LOTS more trips in the future.

BTW, figgered out what was wrong with my RediMag. Nothing a hammer couldn't fix. Really, is there anything a hammer can't fix?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Another great match but this one made me hungry. Wish Bobbys BBQ would deliver.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Ed and Russell, thanks for another great match. Everyone pitched in and helped the match and its clean up run smooth.  Keep up the good work guys.  I look forward to the next one, what better excuse to take a day off work.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the feedback guys.  We aim to please.  Thanks also for all the help resetting and pasting targets and tearing it all down.  Stay tuned for info on the next match.

Pics of this match are here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump for the Pics.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bump for the Pics.

I saved the pics of me.  I look so.....fatactical.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top