Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 7:17:47 AM EDT
Well, Michael Vick lost the game last night.  Notice I didn't say the Falcons. When the Falcons win, all you hear around here (and on ESPN) is that Vick won. When they lose, it's always about the Falcons losing. Well, it HE wins, then HE loses. The rest of the team doesn't exist, at least if you listen to the talking heads when the Falcons win. When they do win, it is in spite of him, not because of him. They will NEVER get to the Super Bowl with Vick at QB. In fact, they are going to miss the playoffs this year due to his lousy play.

When the fuck are they going to get over this fucking bullshit? He is a great athlete, but not even a mediocre quarterback. Are they afraid they will be called racist if they just tell the truth?

Shaub is a vastly better quarterback, but I guess they can't swallow their pride, admit they were wrong, and play Shaub. Mark my words, Shaub will wind up another Brett Favre, whom the Falcons had and let go. They are gonna wind up letting him get away and he will come back and haunt the hell out of this city. Dumbasses!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Mark my words, Shaub will wind up another Brett Favre

I've been saying this since last year's preseason.  We now refer to him as "Future Hall-of-Famer Matt Schaub" here at work.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When the fuck are they going to get over this fucking bullshit? He is a great athlete, but not even a mediocre quarterback. Are they afraid they will be called racist if they just tell the truth?

Two Words: Jamal Anderson They will never admit it. It's part of the Atlanta way to go down with the ship. They will only face it when he can no longer even suit up because of injuries.

BTW - This is part of the reason why I don't watch professional sports anymore. I have always said that the only reason ATL ever had any sort of professional teams was for one of three reasons.

1) Give young guys who were good, but no quite good enough, a chance to play.
2) To develop talent, only to be traded away before they are in their prime, so that they become superstars somewhere else.
or
3) To give the old glue buckets another field to graze on for a few more years where, otherwise, they would have had to retire.

/flame suit on/ /flame away/
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Atlanta has a football team?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Atlanta has a football team?

You weren't paying attention.

We don't have a football team, we have Michael Vick (at least if you listen to the talking heads when the Falcons win).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
dont care much about pro ball. baseball can be interesting at times. but football...

is amazing to me about vick. exciting is about all you can say.. for about 10 seconds. then you get down to his talents as a quaterback and they are non-existant. pro q-back needs to be able to see the whole field and pass.. all vick thinks about is getting away from whomever is coming for him and running down field. he does not 'see' downfield. he can't think pass..

best hope for atl (and who cares) is vick gets injured so they can get a real q-back (which they wont do..)
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
 Pro sports suck. I occasionally watch it but not even a game this year. But your right Vick has shown no improvment as a QB . Needs to be traded for better draft picks and get a real QB.  

What Happened to them Crimson Tide this year ? Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEC Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't watch the Falcons much, but I caught the highlights of last nigts game, and saw Vick run the ball almost every time, and throw one pass that was not caught, then intercepted.

It doesn't take a great deal of smarts to know that he runs the ball a lot, so you have 70-80% chance of sacking him if you just chase him.

It's kind of like Willaim Perry. He was a spectacle. At first he was unstoppable 'cause they would put one tackle up against him. Eventually they figured out when he had the ball everyone had to jump on him, and then it took him out of the equation. He was a goner.

If Vick doesn't learn to throw catchable balls, he'll be gone too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
dont care much about pro ball. baseball can be interesting at times. but football...

is amazing to me about vick. exciting is about all you can say.. for about 10 seconds. then you get down to his talents as a quaterback and they are non-existant. pro q-back needs to be able to see the whole field and pass.. all vick thinks about is getting away from whomever is coming for him and running down field. he does not 'see' downfield. he can't think pass..

best hope for atl (and who cares) is vick gets injured so they can get a real q-back (which they wont do..)

I beg for that every damn game.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't watch the Falcons much, but I caught the highlights of last nigts game, and saw Vick run the ball almost every time, and throw one pass that was not caught, then intercepted.

It doesn't take a great deal of smarts to know that he runs the ball a lot, so you have 70-80% chance of sacking him if you just chase him.

It's kind of like Willaim Perry. He was a spectacle. At first he was unstoppable 'cause they would put one tackle up against him. Eventually they figured out when he had the ball everyone had to jump on him, and then it took him out of the equation. He was a goner.

If Vick doesn't learn to throw catchable balls, he'll be gone too.

Not soon enough.  Not only can he not pass accurately with any consistency, he can't make the decision when and where to pass quickly enough.  He never will.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Go Falcons!!!
And take the Braves with ya!  

I don't think I could name five professional athletes.  I never was much of a sports fan.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Well it made me happy they lost anyhow. I am a Washinton fan, originaly from MD. And now we have Atl's playoff spot. So keep it up Michael
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well it made me happy they lost anyhow. I am a Washinton fan, originaly from MD. And now we have Atl's playoff spot. So keep it up Michael

WE???  You play for the Redskins??  Damn, I didn't know we had someone famous here.

Maybe the coaching staff/ownership will wake up and realize they need to start Shaub.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#14]
If Vick does pass, he only throws to Algie Crumpler...........and he has at least 2 other receivers that have the ability to get open, but he likes to be a one man gang and run the ball. It's a pity that Vick tries to be the "do-all" player, but I think he is over rated  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If Vick does pass, he only throws to Algie Crumpler...........and he has at least 2 other receivers that have the ability to get open, but he likes to be a one man gang and run the ball. It's a pity that Vick tries to be the "do-all" player, but I think he is over rated  

When he DOES try to go long, he either overthrows or underthrows, that is if he can make the decision.  I still say Peerless Price was a scapegoat for Vick's lack of ability to be accurate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, they named him to the Pro Bowl.  Are these morons watching the same games I am?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Bwahahahaha, Vick loses again.  I guess the Falcons weren't serious about making the playoffs.  They started him and he lost again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm already looking forward to next week - the Falcons still have the opportunity to make history.  If they defeat the Panthers, it will be the first time in franchise history that the team has had back-to-back winning seasons.

This must not be allowed to happen.    
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm already looking forward to next week - the Falcons still have the opportunity to make history.  If they defeat the Panthers, it will be the first time in franchise history that the team has had back-to-back winning seasons.

This must not be allowed to happen.    

If Vick is the QB, it will not happen.

I hate to say it, but I was pulling for the Bucs to win on a Vick fumble or interception.

I am just totally fed up with the hype.

Listening to the ESPN and Fox guys, I just wonder if they have been watching the same games I have for the last few years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top