Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 12:32:01 PM EDT
OK guys Im going to refinnish my FR8 . I was able to find an old friend of mine that does gunsmithing.He offers Black and Grey park jobs $100. He also offers a bake on Black tefelon finnish that he speaks highly of.$100 also.I think I would like the  Bake on finnish for what he claims it's able to do. NOT RUST. EXTREMLY durable, and chemicals won't harm it. I forgot what Name process ( brand company, chemicals he uses )but he thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread.But like he said It won't be the original finnish on my rifle.Well considering the rifle is a mutt( combination of two rifles) a CETME and a Spanish Mauser ,I don't feel as guilty putting the bake on finnish on it.Have any of yall tried or handle the type finnish Im talking about.? Feel free to bash me at will... :)    WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it might be John Norrell's bake on stuff.  I have used it and it is great.  It has a higher resistance to rust than any other finish.  Plus it is super easy to do.  Another plus is if you ding the finish, touch up is a snap.

It is available in about 6 colors, including clear.  

Good luck with your refinish.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm partial to a black park on a battle rifle, but that being said I do like the bake on finish on certain rifles.  WarDawg, is your friend local, I have an Imbel on Imbel FAL that needs some refinishing, old buddy ole pal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was best to park first-then teflon or molycote.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm partial to a black park on a battle rifle, but that being said I do like the bake on finish on certain rifles.  WarDawg, is your friend local, I have an Imbel on Imbel FAL that needs some refinishing, old buddy ole pal.

Well he's middle georgia anyway. His name is Larry Brewer .He lives in Millidgeville, on lake Sinclair (spelling). Phone number is 478-968-5045 .But he is or was the President of Ocmulgee gun club (788-7989) off of Hartley Bridge Rd ( Bibb county ).He is there every Thursday 2pm till about dark. Im going there Thursday on my way to work to drop off my box of rifle parts.And I will pick it up the same way. I have known  him since 1992 . Him and I was machinist at Elliotts machine shop Macon Ga.He's retired now from what Ive been told,from the machine shop trade anyhow.I asked him if he still gunsmith and he said yes sir.Now I don't think he was ever a military semi gunsmith but more your shotgun and bolt gun guy. He knows alot about 1911's. He helped me customise my Colt 1911 series 80 in the early 90's when I wasn't makeing nothing an hour .Didn't charge me nothing.I bought the parts and he coached. But Im sure he could park or finnish anything if broken down.WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top