Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2003 5:25:16 PM EDT

Here are some pics. I took it to the range today with the receiver in the white as you see in the first pics then came home tore it apart spot heat treated the receiver and painted the whole rifle in parts. as you can see in the last pics. The wife didn't say much about me cooking in the oven either. I guess she knows it an obcession
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
I see you screwed yours.  What kit did you use and receiver?  Info man, info!
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn...you got skillz!
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you do that?  Did you build it from a prefab receiver blank or did you "roll your own"?  What did you finish it with?

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a blank receiver, used a template and the blueprint to get my holes and cut-outs. I finished with Brownells bake-on lacqer. The kit wasn't a kit. I started buying the parts on Ebay till I got all that I needed, but I believe they are all Romanian. the stock is a K-var US set, with a US FCG also.I used screws cause I didn't want to remove the barrel from the trunion so I didn't worry about the head spacing. And I have to say it shoots great.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
So....there is no...yellow form on that?  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice...
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent.....now..how does it run??
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Excellent.....now..how does it run??

It doesn't.  It has no legs.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice job! Are we going to see it tomorrow?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#10]
no I wont be there I think. I was at the range yesterday runnibg some mags through it before I tore it down to paint and it ran great. better than ATLGA's last Saterday.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I think Hi-Points run better than ATLGA's AK at this point .  mpearcex, where did you buy the receiver blank from?  Did you have to use a drill press to drill the holes?  I'm seriously considering taking on a project like this.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
If you go over to the Ak community here and to the build it yourself link you'll see a thread for links fo builders there is a link to buying blank receivers
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I think ATLGA's main problem is that he kept the sheppard's hook in the setup.  I fixed him up with the link for the FAL style retainer plate.  IMHO the retainer plate is a must have.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Uh, dude, unless you were dyslexic or something, he was having trouble with that too.  Last Saturday at CE, remember?  The pics are up.  mpearcex, good job on the AK.  Now I'm gonna have to build one too.  I need another gun like I need a hole in my head, but what the hell.

Ghost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top