Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 9:19:24 AM EDT
Looking to see if anyone has use of a plasma cutter and a welder.  Also looking for a drill press to drill through 3/8 to 1/2 inch steel.  

Please let me know and I will share my idea.  

Thanks

Gordon
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they allow tanks at the range.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It will be built like a tank but not a tank!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
U looking to make level IV vest?

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
no that would be cool to make but not that good as of yet.  What I am looking to make is a target that resets.  So you do not have to go down range every five minutes to put up another paper target.  Its good for long range shooting.  Somthing that I need help in.  Well I have what I am looking to do on paper and now ready to make, but I do not have the tools to make it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I think gilfrd made one, but we shot it all apart at the last FOP shoot.  Its a good idea, but how are you going to control the ricochets?

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#6]
the target must be down range I say about 75 to 100 yards min. The target will give enough to allow the bullet to travel in somewhat of a strait direction Also the target will adsorb most of the energy of the bullet so I do not think it would be much of a factor at a long range.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I love reactive targets.  Steel, trash on the berm, etc. all beat the hell out of paper.  I wish CE allowed steel targets.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Dillon Precision sells reactive targets that are NOT metal.  I'll post info on them when I get home.  They are only $20 and come in different sizes & colors.  Most ranges around here will NOT let you shoot metal targets or even use metal target frames.

If you want cheap, reactive targets use balloons or clay (skeet) targets.  The clays are like $5.00 for a box of 90.  Balloons are cool because they blow around in the breeze.  After you bust a clay, shoot the remaining pieces until there is nothing left.  This is mucho fun and not a bad cleanup if there are only small pieces (which can usually just be left since they biodegrade).
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The court ruling states that I cannot operate any fire emitting tools.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wish CE allowed steel targets.

That sucks balls.  I have a 5 gallon stainless steel keg that needs destruction...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sucks balls.  I have a 5 gallon stainless steel keg that needs destruction...

The 'rules' say no targerts that ricochet. My loading plate didn't stop a single bullet, but I was at another range when I shot it. I have a pic of the rules and regs at home from the day the range nazi was strutting. Bring your keg....come on!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 'rules' say no targerts that ricochet. My loading plate didn't stop a single bullet, but I was at another range when I shot it. I have a pic of the rules and regs at home from the day the range nazi was strutting. Bring your keg....come on!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Oh, it'll ricochet alright...  I'll save it for private destruction.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#13]
can you play with Tannerite at CE?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#14]
No, you can NOT play with Tannerite at CE.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
But you CAN play with your nuts...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

And you thought you were riding there with me...hmmmmm.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you thought you were riding there with me...hmmmmm.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

It's not like I said, "But you CAN play with other's nuts."!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Bring that target stand to the next CE shoot, vedubin.  We do have our own GA member who seeks and destroys target stands.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I do not need to go to a range with a bunch of guys to play with my nutz!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#20]
ATLGA says he's bringing some (hopefully fine) ladies.  Maybe they can do the nuts playing...

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
ATLGA says he's bringing some (hopefully fine) ladies.  Maybe they can do the nuts playing...

Ghost

Now this could be fun..........:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top