Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 2:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2003 5:06:57 AM EDT by vedubin01]
I was looking at the bandoliers that I had and thought that I could make something better and make it out of marpat. So with some help from mom I came up with this. The material is much stronger than standard (same as the BDU material)and works well. I made it a 5 pocket and holds 200 rounds of 5.56 on stripper clips. Ill have it out at the shoot on the 8th! Just a fun Saturday!

Had to lighten up the photo a bit because its getting dark!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:38:50 PM EDT
OMG, you can sew? Eh...that may not be something you want to tell all of your guy friends about...you know, that macho image and all . Just kidding. That looks great. I was thinking about making some bandoleers too, until I found out that it would be cheaper just to buy them. Hey, where did you get the material from?

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:53:14 PM EDT
Pretty cool!

marpat huh? don't set the darn thing down, you'll never find it!

btw, there is nothing wrong with guys who know how to sew....I can, it's all about being self reliant and resourceful, I don't need no stinkin' biatch except for one thing!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:47:36 PM EDT
Amen!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2003 5:50:40 PM EDT by vedubin01]
Infact that is how the owner of Tactical Taylor started. He made his own stuff and started to sell it to his squad. He got to the point of making so much he got out and now runs a really nice place that sells top notch shit for the military!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:52:35 PM EDT
On the material, my mom's sis that lives in NC neighbor works for the place that makes that. They brought some down for free! Lucky me!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:48:58 AM EDT
Whenever we need something sewed, the wife gets me to do it.

The bandoleer looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:02:25 AM EDT
NICE!!!!!!! any chance of getting a chicom style 5 or 6 mag chest pouch for AK mags made?????? all I'd need is a quote and I'll figure out when I can get the cash (Bookhound's ammo run takes priority) to ya so you could make it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:29:46 AM EDT
Where can I get some of that MARPAT fabric?

That bandoleer looks great!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:52:18 AM EDT
Im trying to locate some more. It was a gift from my aunt. Her neighbor works at the plant that makes it. I found some of that 1000 denier but it sells for like $14 per yard. The material that I have has the USMC logo in it and I do not know if I am able to have it. Some have expressed that to me that I need permission from the government. Will keep you up to date if I can get more!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:15:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vedubin01:
The material that I have has the USMC logo in it and I do not know if I am able to have it. Some have expressed that to me that I need permission from the government.

And I'll guaran-damn-tee ya each and every one of those people who told you that were Marines. There is nothing illegal about owning it.

"Did you rate that uniform, boy, or did you buy it at the surplus store?"
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:19:10 AM EDT
Its not illegal to own its just a contract with the plant and the government not to sell to public.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:34:02 AM EDT
Ah...gotcha!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:02:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:

Originally Posted By vedubin01:
The material that I have has the USMC logo in it and I do not know if I am able to have it. Some have expressed that to me that I need permission from the government.

And I'll guaran-damn-tee ya each and every one of those people who told you that were Marines. There is nothing illegal about owning it.
Most Marines couldn't care less. I don't. There is no law against having the material, or using it for something like that. Wearing the uniform is a different matter, but I'm not going to start that argument here. If you decide to sell those let me know.
"Did you rate that uniform, boy, or did you buy it at the surplus store?"

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:20:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:
NICE!!!!!!! any chance of getting a chicom style 5 or 6 mag chest pouch for AK mags made?????? all I'd need is a quote and I'll figure out when I can get the cash (Bookhound's ammo run takes priority) to ya so you could make it.

If you got a picture of what you are talking about sure I think I can make anything. I just made a dump bag that straps to the leg. "I did break my mom's singer cost me $40"
Top Top