Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2003 5:19:57 PM EDT
And it looks awesome.  I told him what the forest looks like where I usually hunt with this little Marlin 336 (in .35 Remington, for those who are curious) and he custom camouflaged it for me.

Care was taken to tape off or remove everything not to be painted (like the scope lens, barrel crown, lever, etc.).  Several coats of paint were applied.  Fern branches and other foliage were used to produce some patterns on the rifle.

I'm having problems posting pictures and I'm not feeling very well (sinus problems), so I'll try posting again tomorrow.  I'll also post a better description of everything too.

If any of you guys are thinking about camouflaging your rifles, ammo boxes or other stuff, vedubin01 can definitely help you out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the kind words, let me know if I can help!  

Later
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not feeling very well

Change that panty shield and post a pic!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not feeling very well

Change that panty shield and post a pic!

Yeah, keep the excuses to yourself and post some pics!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
[cartman]Screw you guys.[cartman]

I'll try getting the pictures posted later.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got this really cool paint job, but my ass is tore wide open and maggots are feasting on
my flayed open rectum, so I can't post any pics.

Figures.

~ s0ulzer0

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn Bookhound, first missing all the cold links then complainin that you're not feeling good.

Dude you're slackin.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, I'm a pussy.  I'll be the first to admit it.  My allergies almost always "act up" this time of year and it feels like the flu.  I never go to the doctor, but if I don't feel better by noon that's where I'm heading.

I screwed with the camera for a while last night and couldn't get anything decent.  The few I tried to post were still too big even after re-sizing.  I talked to Doug (chainshaw) this morning and I think he's got me straightened out on the camera.  We'll see later this afternoon.

The paint job is really nice.  vedubin01 did a great job.  I'd certainly consider having other stuff painted after seeing this.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I screwed on the camera for a while last night and couldn't get anything decent.  The few I tried were still too big even after re-sizing.  I talked to Doug (chainshaw) this morning and I think he's got my colon straightened out.  We'll see later this afternoon.

TMI, dude, TMI.  I've changed my mind - I do NOT want pics.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I just wanna see the paint job!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I just wanna see the paint job!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep, I'm a pussy.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread needs pics!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay, this is the best I could do until someone (Byte or chainshaw) can give me some photo lessons.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice camo, shitty photography!

Book, NERDS are supposed to be able to use digital equipment!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, learning to focus would be a good start.  Choosing proper resolution so you don't have to resize or lose picture quality is a second.

Nice looking camo job.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#16]
nice camo job!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice job vedubin01.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks guys and like my offer still stands.  I will work you guys a deal.  Ill see about getting some better pics so you all can see!

Thanks Bookhound for getting the pic up!

shoot me an email if you would like something done to yours Im open this weekend.  Just finished another!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Similar work, need broad areas to break up outline.

3 base colors, 2 close to backdrop, one close to 'usual freakish backdrop' (like tree)

6 color desert:

Grassland Camo (brassflage):

Base camo patterns on fractals, like Marpat, where you can't tell if it is a small cloud very close, or a large cloud far away.  broad stripes hide at distance (realtree, etc. turn to brown outlines), and small patterns over broad stries break up outline at close range.  The AR (second pic) turns nearly invisible when set on or within 20 feet of South Dakota Grassland.

However, the job done on Bookhound's shows excellent ability!  I am not hacking on it.  There is a large difference between 'looking neat' and 'effective'.  6 color desert (choco-chip, 1st pic) is the closest that matches both.  Effective is 2nd pic.  I can give links and pointers to camo study and chaos/fractal theory for those interested, IM Me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, and if you want it to look neat, go the whole 9 yards.

With EricTheHun:

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Is that a bald headed woman to the left in the pic?  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Got an AR15 in MARPAT camo? Love to see one if you have it.

Not exactly sure if I will be able to swing it even by xmas but I CAN be properly motivated.

My frickin addition I'm having done is sucking the life out of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top