Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2003 5:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2003 3:17:47 AM EDT by shamayim]
Went to the Eastman show up here in Rome today. Both a diappointment and a success.

Disappointment in that it was smaller by far than I'd expected. Vendors I always see at the Atlanta and Marietta shows weren't there, especially my main parts guy, L.D. McPherson from Southeast Military Parts.

A success in that I did find the last lower to complete my project of building up civilian copies of every M16 varient ever used by US Armed Forces.

Initially stopped by the Classic Pawn tables. They're the guys who always have six or seven tables of military surplus weapons at or very near Shotgun News prices. I've bought both Bushie and DPMS complete lower assys from them over the past couple of years, but this time I decided to scope the whols place out before i plunked any bucks down. Glad I did. Found a dealer from Columbus, Nationwide Jewelry & Pawn, who had complete Rock River lowers for $50 less than the Bushies, and $30 less than the DPMS's

Pleasently surprised to find that Rock River has improved the color of their stuff so it now compares very favorably w/everyone elses. The early version I bought two years ago, while very black, has a kind of shine to it that doesn't really match up w/any other brand. The one I bought today had the same color type as the non purple bushie and/or anyone elses, but still has the great metal prep that RR has always had. No unremoved forge lines or tool marks anywhere on the piece.

Guess I'm going to have to see if the Dalton shows are any better. If not, I may have to make the haul down to Marietta when I need some parts
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:38:46 AM EDT
I've got a RRA lower that goes well (fit and finish) with my Bushy uppers. I love Bushmaster, but when you can get similar quality for $50 less, I'll save the $50 every time.

Thanks for the recap on the show.
Top Top