Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 3:38:53 PM EDT
Hello guys, I've been lurking for a while, and now I figure I start posting.  Just wanted to say "hi"  

Ghost
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy and Welcome...Don't let the weirdos run you off, we really are a good bunch of freaks. Come out to a shoot and find out first hand.

Oh, that BookHound guy threw a tantrum till they made him Moderator. Just ignore him.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

edited to add a y.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Howdy and Welcome...Don't let the weirdos run you off, we really are a good bunch of freaks.  ByteTheBullet  (-:

edited to add a y.

You will not scare him off... he's a ghost...
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard.

ARH
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, you wanna know what Bookhound really did to become a mod?  Hehehe
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm only here because of the great pay.  

Welcome, Ghost-Shooter.  Where in GA do you call home?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
What's a little more dysfunction?

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the warm welcome.  And I do want to know what Bookhound did to become moderator.  

Hey, does anyone know if there is a gun shop in the metro Atlanta area that carries Aimpoints and mounts?  I'm pondering getting one, but am kinda skittish when it comes to plunking down close to $400 for a sight that I've not seen, handled, played with, etc.  Thanks

Ghost
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And I do want to know what Bookhound did to become moderator.

Chugging various and sundry bodily fluids.  The worst part was him dressing up like a Catholic school-girl.  I still have scars on my retinas from that...
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome Ghost.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chugging various and sundry bodily fluids.  The worst part was him dressing up like a Catholic school-girl.  I still have scars on my retinas from that...

True, the cheerleader outfit was quite saucy tho.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Several of us have them.  One or two guys even have the magnified versions.  I know I speak for the rest of the guys when I say you can come try just about anything in this group before buying it.

The problem with some optics is that not a lot of stores stock them (the high-dollar ones at least).  Bernie's in Lilburn is a great shop and they usually have an Aimpoint or two.

www.bernies-sports.com

Also, the Eastman gun shows (at least the one in Norcross) usually has a vendor or two with Aimpoints.

You can try my Aimpoint anytime you want.

Oh, BTW, we had a shooting contest to see who got to be moderator.  I lost.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn.  You guys post too fast for me to keep up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Welcome to our little slice of insanity.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, the cheerleader outfit was quite saucy tho.

Until he started the gymnastics routine and his dangly bits freed themselves.

Doing the splits looks painful to begin with, but landing full-force on the 'nads makes it look worse.  At least his mouth was, umm, "occupied" at the time so the screams weren't too loud.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Greets Ghost-Shooter!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:36:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the board!
 Good folks 'round here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#17]
On Book becoming a mod...let's just say it involved goats and little boys...
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
On Book becoming a mod...let's just say it involved goats and little boys...

What can I say?  I was raised Catholic.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Welcome
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey, does anyone know if there is a gun shop in the metro Atlanta area that carries Aimpoints and mounts?  I'm pondering getting one, but am kinda skittish when it comes to plunking down close to $400 for a sight that I've not seen, handled, played with, etc.  Thanks

Ghost

One that usually has them is David's Gun Room at Buford Hwy.  Folks there are courteous and will surely show a couple to you.

However, one info that surprised me.  This weekend our IPSC instructor showed us the benefits of the Eotech scope with the "saturn type" (small dot with circle around) aiming system.  If you never saw one you may want to try it also.
Cheers and welcome!

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
One that usually has them is David's Gun Room at Buford Hwy.  Folks there are courteous and will surely show a couple to you.

The gunsmith there, Rusty, does great work too! Fair prices for work.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome Ghost - pleased to greet you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:54:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Welcome Ghost!

I also support David's Gun Room, plenty of reloading stuff too if you get into that.

If you wanna try before you buy, I strongly encourage you to come out to the Birmingham shoot this weekend. This time it will be a relatively low turnout it seems, too many punks that cant take the heat I guess.

There will be several different setups there I'm sure and everyone will probably let you try out their stuff, so to speak.

Enjoy the board, plenty of good folks out here and lots of experience to draw on.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Welcome Ghost!

I also support David's Gun Room, plenty of reloading stuff too if you get into that.

If you wanna try before you buy, I strongly encourage you to come out to the Birmingham shoot this weekend. This time it will be a relatively low turnout it seems, too many punks that cant take the heat I guess.

There will be several different setups there I'm sure and everyone will probably let you try out their stuff, so to speak.

Enjoy the board, plenty of good folks out here and lots of experience to draw on.

Oh yeah!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top