Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 6:35:34 AM EDT
My boss wont be here for 3 days and I gotta shoot my new AK. I'm thinking about getting out of here early today to head out to CE and throw a little lead downrange, I know it's gonna be hot but I need to do it.

Anybody with me?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Boy, I sure wish I could make it but I can't.  Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to, but it is just too hot for me and I'd have to go in the opposite direction to get Lorraine and my gear. Isn't the high today soppused to be 91ish?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Why do that? Just hang targets on some empty cubicles, or the cube of one you hate.
Presto! Office Range!
Get paid to shoot!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#4]
ha!! maybe I should do that.. it would be cooler. The only thing that *may* keep me away is the heat, 91 degrees would make it pretty miserable, I can take it, I can take it!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]
You could use the cool barrel of the AK to wipe your brow...
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh.  I'm another corporate whore.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#7]
yeah riiiiight, it would vaporize the sweat!

I need to get some ammo for this thing, apparently the stuff I got is $300/1000 steel penetrator core stuff.

It has been suggested I hold onto what I have and get some Wolf or Silver Bear to plink with. Thing is, I'm finding it difficult to find Wolf or Silver Bear cheap in town.

Suggestions? Opinions? Recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]
[cartman]Screw you guys, I'm going shootin[/cartman]

I cant just sit here with nothing to do, I got 200 rounds in my truck and a nice clean AK-47. I'll see you if I see you!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Have a good time anyway!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[cartman]Screw you guys, I'm going shootin[/cartman]

I cant just sit here with nothing to do, I got 200 rounds in my truck and a nice clean AK-47. I'll see you if I see you!!

Yeah yeah.  I got this here nice clean rifle, I think I'll go make it dirty.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to Dixie Firearms off of Braselton Highway.

www.dixiefirearms.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Mission Accomplished!

I tossed 200 downrange without a single FTF/FTE or anything else. There was a little hesitation in my first shot, I didn't know what kind of kick that stock would provide but it was nothin to it at all, smooth sailin.

The pistol grip came loose a little but a screwdriver solved that problem quickly. I do have to say that it takes a fraction of the time to clean an AK vs. AR, you can get your fingers in there easily and no teeny weenie parts to lose, I'm impressed.

Hey, what's the deal with the chamber not locking open after the last round? I felt kinda silly at the ready.... aim... click! Is this typical with AK's?

I was also surprised to see that some of my brass after the shoot was split at the neck, I guess I wont be reloading any of that and at $100 per case, it wouldn't be cost effective.

Delta, not a bad deal on the Wolf, ammoman has it for 109.00 delivered and that would probably be cheaper than running out to Brasselton and the hassle factor would be less.

gilfrd

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey, what's the deal with the chamber not locking open after the last round? I felt kinda silly at the ready.... aim... click! Is this typical with AK's?
gilfrd

Last round bolt hold is not an AK feature.
If you want to have a bolt hold to lock it open while you change mags, you can cut a notch into the safety lever.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Bolt hold open?  That means it would have more than 3 moving parts!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#15]
s0ulzer0 is correct there is no such thing as a bolt hold open on an AK-47, 74, or Krinkov.  I don't know about the 100 series, they may have included that feature, but alas us civilians can't get the 100 series rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top