Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2003 2:38:44 PM EDT

He couldn't find the 75 round drum, we are going to look for it next weekend.

Whadda ya think?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  I'd like to get an AK variant...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, dude!  Got the box and everything!  Very nice indeed!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, this thing is pristine, absolutely gorgeous.

The only thing I can see that is missing is what looks like should be an allen wrench.

In the first pic towards the upper right there is a spot where one looks like it should have gone. No biggie in my book.

Ive been trying the chinese strap and guess what I found out? All damn commies are right handed!

I cant wait to run a few hundred round through it! Should I clean it? It really doesnt look like it needs it.

The furniture on that thing is better than any furniture I have in my house that's for sure, I really like the blonde color which isn't that apparent in the pics posted.

That bayonette is sharper than I thought!

Next weekend I go and try to find the 75 rd. drum that it was supposed to come with and the following weekend I'll see you all out in B'ham for FOPfestIII.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it!
I don't know why, but I'm gettin the itch for one.  I might try my "Wile E. Coyote School Of Gunsmithin" skills on a AK build.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
  ACME parts and all?

I'm not too learned on these AK's but I hear that you can't legally put USA parts on a chi-com rifles. I'd like to know the real skinny on that and I guess I should find out, I am tapped on the funds so I doubt I'll be modifying it much in the near future.

The biggest shock about this purchase was not really the great price, it was to hear the words "get it, you'll regret it if you don't." from Mrs. gilfrd, that was after the bill for all the reloading equipment, I am truly a blessed man.

I better not push my luck any farther, it looks like I got some make up to do!

gilfrd
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice rifle!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet rifle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
  ACME parts and all?

gilfrd

Yep
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Take it and clean it anyways, it's not that hard, and you'll be sure that the rifle is clean and in perfect working order.  All I can say is for 800 dollars, DAMN!!!!!!!  Oh you can put US parts in it, but you would need to convert it to the proper US parts count, and IMHO, I would leave it just as is.  I don't know about the ChiCom triggers, but the Romanian ones suck and should be replaced.  For the missing part you might want to contact either CAMPYBOB, Obershultz, Me223, or KenR_at_RedstarArms over on the AK side and they should be able to tell you the what part/tool is missing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard about the triggers on those Romanians and I was prepared to send mine off to Ken at RSA but this trigger is surprisingly smooth.

What is the USA parts count deal? where can I find more info on this?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Given that your rifle is both pre-'89 and pre-'94, the US parts count thing really isn't an issue for you.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I think if he modifies it from origional, parts count deal will become an issue, same reason I'm looking for another Russian SKS than just restocking mine. Got to www.concentric.net/~Ldrennan/page11.html  personally I wouldn't touch it.
Oh yeah stock up on plenty of Silver Bear and Romy drums from Tapco.  Have fun!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a very nice rig, indeed!
Congratulations for the purchase!

Mind telling how much?

As were one my alternatives when I was shopping for a rifle.  Got the AR-10, but still "itch" for the AK.

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]

SCHWEET!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#16]
NICE!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:15:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Very nice, gilfrd.  I'd say you did quite well.  Can't wait to shoot it!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]
You did damn well!
 Good show old chap!

If you get anymore deals like that pass one over my way.
     Joel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top