Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 3:34:25 AM EDT
Going to the courthouse to get my permit today...  Anyone have any stories to tell about their experience?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Leave your guns at home!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't draw attention to yourse...oh well.

Wear a hat?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont have to carry one bec I'm in the .....oh wait um yes. Smile, read each question carefully.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
In Cobb County, the Marriage license and CCW permit office is in the same room.  

Kinda makes you stop and say Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In Cobb County, the Marriage license and CCW permit office is in the same room.  

Kinda makes you stop and say Hmmm.....

That is odd.  Kinda like a 1 stop shop.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Same as Gwinnett County.  Marriage and gun licenses together.

The wife and I went on our anniversary to get our CCWs.  Isn't that love?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Same in Hall Marrage and CCW's in the same spot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Paperwork is in, I've been printed and scanned, now I just have to wait.

The other positive note to my day: I managed to get a thread locked in Hometown!  Woohoo, suck my fat one, s0ulzer0!  Learn from the master...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I managed to get a thread locked in Hometown!  Woohoo

I doan like you no more...

I wanted to get locked first, guess I gotta try for banned now.

Everybody here is a doo-doo head.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Lets see...CCW gets handled by the Probate Court....
Marrage Licences get handled by the....Probate Court.
Wow - Mystery Solved!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Kind of clears up that whole till death do us part thing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
What do we need to get this thing?  
How much does it cost?
And, are there any other benefits besides expediting geting the "toys" at the gun shows?  :-)
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How much does it cost?
And, are there any other benefits besides expediting geting the "toys" at the gun shows?  :-)
Thanks!

Money, amount depends on county of residence. Mine was around $50 total.

Clean Record, no felonies or violent misdemeanors.

Patience, could take up to 90 days. Mine only took 3 weeks.

You will be able to carry concealed everywhere, but where you need to. No ball games, government buildings, churches, public gatherings, or (this one sucks) restaurants who serve alcohol. You can, however, carry anywhere you want inside of your car.

If nothing else, it is peace of mind knowing that you are legal in the car and you can carry if you feel that you are in a dangerous area.

It is also great for buying your toys. No waiting or background check fees.

Anyone else want to add to this?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#14]
If you live in Gwinnett County:

$15 cash or personal check to the probate court at the courthouse.  Go in the courthouse complex in Lawrenceville on Langley and go all the way down the left corridor.  1H is the suite number, it's on the left.  Ask the receptionist for an application, fill it out, and hand it to one of the clerks.

Next, you'll go to the government annex building where the tag office is, only you'll go to the second floor where the police permit unit is.  You'll need $24 for the background check payable in cash, money order, or by Visa/MC/Discover.  Make that money order out to the Gwinnett Police Permit Unit.  You'll also need $5 cash for fingerprinting.  They've recently upgraded the machines there, so they'll scan in your fingerprints and just ink the right index finger and apply it to the permit.

Then, you sit back and wait.  I was told 60-90 days, but s0ulzer0 said he got his in 6 weeks with the old ink-every-finger routine.  Theoretically, mine should be faster due to the scanner they now have.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:02:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Forgot to add - across the street from the annex in the shopping center with the Radio Shack is a kick-ass Mexican restaurant tucked in the back corner.  Prices are good, food is authentic and not the standard Tex-Mex Americanized/bastardized fare you find elsewhere.  $6 gets you 2 huge chilis rellenos, a plate piled with rice and refrieds, and 5-6 tortillas to wrap 'em in.  $3.50 gets you a huge baracoa (shredded beef) burrito.  And the chips and salsa are by far the best I've ever had.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How much does it cost?
Thanks!

www.packing.org

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:22:22 AM EDT
[#17]
The info for Gwinnett County at www.packing.org is mostly correct.  Just don't make that money order out to GBI.  And you can pay cash for everything, should you choose to.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#18]
You can use it to vote with .... unless of course you have a "Certificate of Sex Change" which also is accepted.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#19]
What if you have both?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What if you have both?

I don't know, ask Byte.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Byte, if you have a CCW AND a Certificate of Sex Change, can you vote twice?

If not, would they argue with you if you tried?  I mean, you did have (past tense implicit) the balls to get them cut off AND you have a CCW, so they would be disinclined to stop you, right?

What is it they say, vote early, vote often...?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, ok, it's about to get really ugly in here. And I am not only refering to me! We are supposed to be bashing the MODERATOR!! Remember?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We are supposed to be bashing the MODERATOR!! Remember?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That's no fun.
Book is too passive, like Gandhi.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Byte, on the other hand, reacts.  A lot.  And provides further ammo.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We are supposed to be bashing the MODERATOR!! Remember?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That's no fun.
Book is too passive, like Gandhi.

~ s0ulzer0

Didn't he give someone a virtual bitch slapping in a certain thread just the other day?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Didn't he give someone a virtual bitch slapping in a certain thread just the other day?  

He was just "acting out".

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Next time he does that, just say, "Step off my grill, dawg!"
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks!   I'll check the website.

Regarding the voting, maybe they let you vote twice?   One for each sex?    :-)

Or, maybe not vote at all... because cannot decide which sex...  :-)

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Passive, that's me.  And real busy.  Work is killing me right now.  You kids play nice.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Ok, now, I am really sensitive about the 'operation'. I was told nobody would be able to tell that I had one, even up close. And the silicon balls really do feel life-like. Really. The hormone supplements are supposed to help me not be sooo emotional, but sometimes I just cannot help myself. A nice long cry never hurt anyone.

Whew, I feel sooooooo much better now. Thanks, fellas, for letting me vent. My therapist said this would help. Well...I feel like going shopping shooting now.

Bye-eee!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Byte, dude or dudette, you got to stop patronizing the "women" on Boulevard.  They've got you all confused.  After a sex change, you shouldn't have both round objects below the belt and above the belt.  Its an either-or proposition. Where are you getting your "work" done .... jiffy lube.

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not confused at all.  
Actually, I was thinking about going hunting... Bambi Hunting... if you GUYS understand what I mean...  :-)

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm not confused at all.  
Actually, I was thinking about going hunting... Bambi Hunting... if you GUYS understand what I mean...  :-)

...and I think we do, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Got... "confused"?  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm not confused at all.  

Yep!

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#37]
No, he means this!

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
No, he means this!

OH NO!

He linked to the Forbidden Zone!!!!!
You'll go to Hell for sure!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

OH NO!

He linked to the Forbidden Zone!!!!!
You'll go to Hell for sure!

~ s0ulzer0

"Forbidden Zone"???  What this moderator has been doing to you guys?  Keeping this nice forum in the Dark Ages?  

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#40]
The link is no fun now that the video is gone...

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but it's not worth searching for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top