Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 8:52:02 AM EDT
I just finished my enrollment & financing for CTEC Academy.
$6500.00 & 12 weeks later, I will have my A+ & Net+ to get back into a job like I had and
then my MCSE Win2000 to get a better one.

I am also thinking about getting my CIW cert for Webmaster/E-Commerce.

Gee, I'll soon be able to work again!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy Crap!  That’s a LOT of money to get some paper.  You sure you really need certificates to get a job?  I’ve seen many people who didn’t have paper certifications who could run circles around the guys with the paper.  Are recruiters telling you certifications are necessary?

Good luck with it, buddy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Holy Crap!  That’s a LOT of money to get some paper.  You sure you really need certificates to get a job?  I’ve seen many people who didn’t have paper certifications who could run circles around the guys with the paper.  Are recruiters telling you certifications are necessary?

Good luck with it, buddy.

Yep. No paper, No jobby.
I have to compete with all of those guys with the paper who are layed off like me.

This is what I get when I tell them I have job experience, but no paper:

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#3]
When they make a face like that, you should turn around and give 'em the ol' fruit basket.

That's what he wants, you know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed you stated you are going for your W2K MCSE. You might look into taking a few other test and getting your W2K3 also. If Microsoft is true to form the W2K won't be good for long in their eyes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I noticed you stated you are going for your W2K MCSE. You might look into taking a few other test and getting your W2K3 also. If Microsoft is true to form the W2K won't be good for long in their eyes.

None of the schools around here have the 2003 training yet. I did check. I'll get tested later for it.
I've got to get a job yesterday, my severance is over. $295 per week unemployment and my
savings won't last for long.

Plus, it'll be awhile before most business upgrade to 2003. Most just got 2000.

I just got my copy of Server 2003 Enterprise Ed and loaded it today. I will learn it myself for now.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
About this post...

Are you guys speaking English?

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
About this post...

Are you guys speaking English?

-Hobbit

Sometimes.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we're speaking geekinese I think we're speaking geekinese I really think so.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe just a little geeky. sOulzerO using the product is the best way to learn and it certainly helps when you take the test. If I can help in any way let me know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Maybe just a little geeky. sOulzerO using the product is the best way to learn and it certainly helps when you take the test. If I can help in any way let me know.

Thanks EOD!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

White man speak with straight tongue.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just checked the MS cert website, 2000 MCSE isn't going anywhere for awhile.
When I'm ready, it's only 2 exams to upgrade to 2003.

It kind of sucks, but I'm out of time - I've got to go for it now.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think we're speaking geekinese I think we're speaking geekinese I really think so.

If you translate the geekinese into terms that you would understand, it would sound like this..

Blah, Blah, Blah MONEY, Blah, Blah,
Blah, MONEY. And when I am certified, more MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

s0ulzer0 - Wise move! You are using the whole lemonaide out of lemons theory. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I got my MCSE 4.0 back in the day, also my MCP+I, MCP, something else ...cant remember.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]
College girls

ARH
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I'm safe!
I spoke with them yesterday and they said that because I'm in the transition of the new exams
I will get the 2003 tests included in my package. They will guaranty it in writing!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Then they will promptly issue out an apology after they already have your money saying that they "accidentally and unintentionally" misinformed you, and due to an obscure legal clause in the agreement that you have signed or otherwise acknowledged as binding to both parties, it boils down to two words:

You're fucked.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Then they will promptly issue out an apology after they already have your money saying that they "accidentally and unintentionally" misinformed you, and due to an obscure legal clause in the agreement that you have signed or otherwise acknowledged as binding to both parties, it boils down to two words:

You're fucked.

Nope. I signed it today, no small print. It includes the extra exams, books, & training.

I start classes on the 22nd.

~ s0ulzer0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top