Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/28/2003 3:23:00 PM EDT
The wife and child will be out of town, so I'm headed to the range after work. I figure I'll get there at around 3:00 or so... it does stay open until sunset, right?
Anyway, if anyone wants to see me miss some targets at the pistol range, they're more than welcome.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:59:04 PM EDT
Sorry, bro. Can't make it this weekend. I think the range closes at 19:00.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:47:10 PM EDT
Thanks for the info-
I figure that this will probably be a very low turnout shoot considering that Boomstock is next weekend, and this is a P.M. shoot.
Chances like this don't come too often for me, so I must Carpe the Diem.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:54:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hobbit:
Thanks for the info-
I figure that this will probably be a very low turnout shoot considering that Boomstock is next weekend, and this is a P.M. shoot.
Chances like this don't come too often for me, so I must Carpe the Diem.
-Hobbit

Are you coming to Boomstock?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:14:38 PM EDT
Hey there, LostWildcat!
How is LostWildkitten?
I won't be at Boomstock next weekend, but it's sort of a mixed blessing. I should be in a boat tied up to an oil well out in the Gulf trying to bring up some Blues, Reds, Triggers, and Snapper... if I'm lucky.
I must have Tannerite pics!
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:20:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hobbit:
Hey there, LostWildcat!
How is LostWildkitten?
I won't be at Boomstock next weekend, but it's sort of a mixed blessing. I should be in a boat tied up to an oil well out in the Gulf trying to bring up some Blues, Reds, Triggers, and Snapper... if I'm lucky.
I must have Tannerite pics!
-Hobbit

Bringing back any of the fishmeat, perchance?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:20:41 PM EDT
Hobbit, use the Tannerite. You'll bring back more fish.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:02:45 PM EDT
Reject:
Yes indeedy, Lord willing, I will be bringing fish home.
If I use Tannerite, I won't actually have to cook it before I eat it.

BTW- I'm trying to bring one of the techs from work to the range with me. He's looking at buying a pistol, but doesn't have any experience with them.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:23:38 AM EDT
It was a beautiful, Nazi-free day at the range...
If any of you saw the epic struggle that I had last time with the Taurus .22, you'll be happy to know that the struggle continued yesterday. Things went great at first- I fired one full mag with no problems and pretty good accuracy at the 25 yard target. One round into the second mag, the trigger didn't return to battery after firing. I figure "Hmm. I bet it didn't cycle fully. I should clear it and try again." I did so, pulled the trigger, and that's when the fun started. The round fired, I heard a lound PING, something black flys out of the left side of the gun, and the barrel tips up without me hitting the control to do it.
I realized that there might be trouble at the point.
It turns out that the tip-up lever had broken down the middle and decided to beat a hasty exit, stage left.
[By the way, I also once broke a trigger pin in a pistol before it had ever been fired. I have mad skillz.]
Anyway, the purpose of the trip was to let a co-worker of mine fire a few different centerfire pistols to help him decide on one to keep in his house for self-defense. On this score, it was a successful trip. Having that new short berm at 25 yards is nice. After firing several pistols at that range, it looks like he's setteld on a 9MM.
We went over to the rifle side for a few minutes to shoot at 100 yards. I saw a guy with what looked to be a wood-furniture heavy barrel Israeli FAL setup- very nice. I was also able to test fire a few handloads for my AR.
Overall, bueno.
-Hobbit
Top Top