Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 4:38:51 AM EDT
Im gonna try and put some money aside for the AWBan sunset. Anyone else?
 Joel
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I'm not fully convinced that the sunset will happen.  We have a president in office that thinks that the AWB was and still is a good idea, that doesn't like the idea of 30 round mags out there for civvies to use, a Democratic Party that is on the ropes and is willing to sell it's (remaining) soul to the devil to regain or retain any power, and a dominant Republican party that drifts closer and closer towards the geopolitical center to maintain a power base, rather than actually taking a stand on an issue.

It would be nice if it did sunset, but the way things are right now, I'm expecting a sneaky underhanded extension - which is better than a more draconian alternative.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I've already told my wife that we are going broke for a year when the AWB is sunsetted. Do you think the prices are going to stay higher right away in thoughts that it will be reinstated?
I'm planning on a preban carbine, one of those fancy .9mm AR15's, possibly a can and mags galore. I'm also going to retro fit my 16" AR15 with a FS let's see, what else.....?

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m not exactly putting away extra money just for the sunset.  If it happens, I’ll probably be selling some stocks to pay for new toys.  By then we’ll also not have any car notes.  That money will be used on new toys.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive got a feeling the prices will drop back down very quickly. There may be a very short amount of time between bans. I dont know how long it will take for the next ban to be enacted after the other one sunsets. It may just be a few days or weeks. Its the million dollar question.
 Joel
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I would really like to see some Armalites in pre ban M4 configuration.
If the ban goes away, there might be such a rush to pick up new guns that prices go through the roof. I hope not, but a high demand has a way of raising prices on a scarce product.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
thats true, I may just buy a few lowers before the ban and get them ready for their new uppers the day after the ban sunsets...guess ill have to watch the specifics of the ban very closely
Joel
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
OOHH ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Why?  The current prices on pre ban shit are artificial. The stuff you buy now should be the same price as stuff you buy then.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ive got a feeling the prices will drop back down very quickly. There may be a very short amount of time between bans. I dont know how long it will take for the next ban to be enacted after the other one sunsets. It may just be a few days or weeks. Its the million dollar question.
 Joel

If this happens I want to be able to buy few nice carbines
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am buying now. I think it will get worse not better and any opening in the ban will be short lived. Got the camera ready.

The stuff you buy now should be the same price as stuff you buy then.

It is not the price it is the availability that will be a problem. If the lifting is short lived you may miss out. I still remember the ammo and primer shortage a few years back and when it was taking 9 months to a year to get a barrel.

oops, thought this was gonna be a question...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I want a AR10 with EVIL features.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not buying anything for firearms right after this summer till Sept, 2004.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm also of the belief that there will probably, at best, be a gap between the old ban and a new one.  I think prices will then skyrocket because people will be scrambling to get stuff before the new ban goes into effect.  Gotta love supply and demand.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top