Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/14/2003 5:25:49 AM EDT
Hello:

Was going to the gunshow Saturday to look for some ammo for my AR. Other than the shows I've been buying the Winchester 40 round packs at Wally World for $7.47 a box. Anywho any of you guys know where locally to get a good deal on say 500-1000 rounds of ammo? Don't think I want to use the Wolf ammo. I like the Winchester stuff. I'd like to get it in 5.56 if possible. Anyone at the show to look for specifically?

Thanks,
Andy
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:45:35 AM EDT
There is a shop off Hwy 124 between Hamilton Mill Road and Hwy 20 (near the Mall of Georgia) called Dixie Firearms. Their website is www.dixiefirearms.com. Their everyday price on Winchester Q3131A is $180 plus tax.

At the gun shows you can sometimes find it cheaper. Keep in mind, you’re paying $7 just to get into the gun show. So if all you’re doing is going to a show to buy ammo, right off the bat you need to find someone selling Q3131A at $173 a case to break even. (Heck, I like going to the good shows just to hang out with everyone from this site. But you get my point regarding the ammo.)

You are currently paying $186.75 plus tax per case (25 boxes = 1000 rounds) for non-M193 spec ammo. I’m always up for splitting a case if you want.
Top Top