Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2003 5:38:39 PM EDT
I'm off work, and I haven't been to a range since ...well...I don't know when.
On 5-10, I'm looking to change that. Anyone else in?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hobbit, is that really you?  I'll see if I can squeeze some time in for a little range visit.  I'll let you know for sure in a few days.

Glad to hear from ya.  Hope all is well.

Take care.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
It is indeed me. Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
It looks like it will be raining all week this week, so hopefully the clouds will clear out by Saturday. That would be helpful, because it's hard to have a LostWildcat-style fire drill while it's raining.
I'm the proud owner of a new toy that needs a workout- I've been chomping at the bit for months.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What did ya get?  I wanna see, I wanna see!  We must have pictures!!

Looks like the weather will suck all week, but the weekend is supposed to be really nice.  Of course, today is only Monday and everything is subject to change.

Looks like I'll probably (95% sure) be making it this weekend to CE with ya.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've checked my schedule and I believe I can make an appearance.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there, I gotta work out on my new toy!!!!! Of course her big bother will be there to keep her in line.  Also, Crystal asked me for some trigger time behind the rifles, of course I said yes!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Bradd-D, glad you'll be in town.  

DeltaAir423, can't wait to see you shoot something American made!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bradd-D, glad you'll be in town.  

I'm looking forward to it.  I picked up 200 rounds of Port .308 at the gunshow last weekend.  Besides, my company is paying me mileage until the move is official so a trip to Atlanta is good for my pocketbook.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey that sounds like a good idea, where is CE located? what side of town?
  Joel
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:25:01 AM EDT
[#9]
It's down I-20 towards Conyers.

Here are some directions from the DNR website:

If driving from Atlanta, I-20 east to exit 98. Take a right and go down the road (south). You will go until you get to the town of Mansfield, GA. From the train tracks in the middle of town you will travel 2.7 miles, when you will come to a sign for Charlie Elliot WMA. Take a left, and the range is 1.4 miles down the road, on the left. The paved road will turn into a dirt road just before the range. There is a sign indicating where the range is, and you can see it from the road. The range is about 1 hour driving time from downtown Atlanta.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:53:39 AM EDT
[#10]
This is shaping up to be Excellent.
It's time for the traditional two questions from any C. E. shoot:
1. What time does everyone want to get there?
2. C. B. before C.E.? (Where's the LostWildcat/Cracker Barrel photoshop when you need it?)
Last time out, a bunch of guys brought some things I'd never seen before, and I appreciate it. I've got some requests for this time as well. If anyone's got an AR with a vertical foregrip, or any weapon that uses a red dot or heads-up optic of any kind, I'd love to see it.
If anyone requests anything I've got, I'll be happy to bring it.

BookHound: I can neither confirm or deny that the new toy goes bang when the alleged trigger is supposedly pulled.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah well the good ol Romy will be coming out allong with the Ruskie M44.  Gonna leave my Randy Weaver piece at home.  I can't wait till GA Cop gets my SSG97 (supposed to be about six weeks) in then I'm looking forward to sending some Czech mild steel core down range.

BTW Hobbit Watcha got to shoot that's interesting?  I'd like to find someone with a Special Weapons MP5 clone to shoot so I can decide if it goes on the want list behind my 5.45 Krink.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Hobbit,

I’ve got you covered on the vertical foregrip and dot sight (an Aimpoint).  What else you looking for?

I could do CB first.  If we hit Cracker Barrel at 08:00 and leave there at 09:00, we’ll hit CE by 09:30 easy.  So, count me in for Cracker Barrel at 08:00.

Here’s the info on the CB for any of you guys that haven’t been to it.

Conyers, GA
I-20 , Exit# 82
I-20 & State Route 138
1182 Dogwood Drive
Conyers, GA 30094
Located off I-20
* Bus & RV Parking Available
(770) 785-7600
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#13]
One of the things on my list is a 9mm AR.  Anybody got one?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, BookHound-
I'll also be there at CB. Remind me to ask you about your book collection while we're there.

DeltaAir423: No Krinks or SW or Class 3 stuff here. But I can dream...

I've been wondering about a 9MM AR as well- and Ruger's 9MM carbine using the extended capacity P89 mags.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe that both s0ulzer0 and ARH have 9mm ARs...

But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd still like to see what interesting stuff people have.  Actually the SW sold to civillians come with 16" barrels, then you cut them down after you get your atf forms back.  As with the Krink Troy will put a fake can on it to meet minimum legnth, then take it off and put a flash hider on it when the forms get back.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Count me in for the CB and CE.
I'm up for meeting at CB at 8:00 also.
Time to make a target stand.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I wondered if we'd hear from you, ARH.  Glad you can make it.

Hey, where are all the other guys?  

zzxx99?
chainshaw?
ByteTheBullet?
GABeechman?
j3_?
P806?
Azalin?
Horseman?
soulzer0?
grlfrd?
GAcop?

Can you hear me now?  Is this thing on?

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I am leaving for Iowa, tomorrow. I will not get home until late Friday/early Saturday. The one who must be obeyed will never go for it.

Damn, I wish there was a free range on this side of town.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wondered if we'd hear from you, ARH.  Glad you can make it.

Hey, where are all the other guys?  

zzxx99?
chainshaw?
ByteTheBullet?
GABeechman?
j3_?
P806?
Azalin?
Horseman?
soulzer0?
grlfrd?
GAcop?

Can you hear me now?  Is this thing on?

Hello!! I am probably going to be there. If I do make it I will be doing the Cracker Barrel Two-Step. Now that we know each other a little better, anyone wanna try car poolin'?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am leaving for Iowa, tomorrow. I will not get home until late Friday/early Saturday. The one who must be obeyed will never go for it.

Mind if I ask where in Iowa? My dad grew up in Denison. We made a family trek every other year, four kids, station wagon, rest stops were not an option.[:\]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, John (the_reject)...are you gonna make it?  If so, could I persuade you to bring your Swede?  I know Rob (DeltaAir423) would like to check out your MN.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Saturday is IDPA day at Pinetucky. My wife and I both are shooting it now so thats where we will be. Also it is the wifes  36th Birthday so its out on the town after that. Hope everyone has a great time.

GOOD LUCK at the shoot, and wish Mrs. j3_ happy birthday from all of us!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mind if I ask where in Iowa? My dad grew up in Denison. We made a family trek every other year, four kids, station wagon, rest stops were not an option.[:\]

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Oelwein on Wed/Thurs and Spencer on Thurs/Friday. That would be Bumf*&$ed and West Bumb*&$ed! Corn and Soybeans is all I will see.

I am always up to visiting a good gun store while I am traveling, though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Saturday is IDPA day at Pinetucky. My wife and I both are shooting it now so thats where we will be. Also it is the wifes  36th Birthday so its out on the town after that. Hope everyone has a great time.

Happy B-Day to the Mrs.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Yup, Spencer is north of Denison. Have a safe trip!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Of course you all know what IOWA stands for don't ya?
Idiots

Out

Wandering

Around

J/K  ya'll have a safe trip
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hey, John (the_reject)...are you gonna make it?  If so, could I persuade you to bring your Swede?  I know Rob (DeltaAir423) would like to check out your MN.

I would love to, but I'm going to be out of town.

Again.

I suck.

<cries>

Tell ya what, I'll try and set up the next CE shoot...  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey Guys! I'm going to try to make it to CE this Saturday, no promises but I'm gonna see if I can make it.

Guess what I got from UPS last night? 2 cases of tannerites delivered to my door!

Do you think Charles Elliot would mind? I'm sure he's not near as cool as the FOP place in B'ham but maybe we could sneak some in... they'd never notice until we blew the side of a mountain off with those things :)

If the wife signs off on it, I'm in for this weekend.

last weekend I was up in Blue Ridge, GA shooting and zeroing my new crosshair front sight and I got the law called on me from a neighbor. This is the same neighbor that shoots something that sounds like a cannon every day for hours at a time. According the the Sheriff, she was scared to let her childern out while I was shooting... horse crap! I asked him what the hell the problem was and he said that he had to respond since he was called. I told him that he didnt need to worry about me and that everything was fine. It must have been that XM193 ammo that gave up my position, either that or the tannerites or maybe even the bumpin... who knows?

Looks like a little Hatfield and McCoy action developing, they will lose.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Lightning Bolt 1
Dell PC        0

I'm back, and think I can make the CB/CE trip on Saturday.  As to carpooling, I think Byte, Bradd, me, and ??ATLGA are neighbors... what do ya say?

gilfrd, don't forget the quicklime and a shovel!

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok, I will step out on a limb here...I live very close to Hot Shots on Austel. Would someone like to carpool with me? I do not have other plans at all for Sat. I could be persuaded to even go to Hooters for lunch. Yummy!

Oh, I got my new camera, too!! Watch out! Can you say movies?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Byte- Do you work for Iams (sig line)?

I think I'll start loading mags today... by the way, how heavily are AR mags supposed to be lubed?
-Hobbit

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Byte- Do you work for Iams (sig line)?

I think I'll start loading mags today... by the way, how heavily are AR mags supposed to be lubed?
-Hobbit

Nope, when I saw that commercial, I thought it was THE most absurd thing I have ever heard. Gotta find a new line soon.

As for lube, slather on the vasoline. Yes, it is oil based, you don't want that stuff coming off in a rain storm do you? Maybe I should stick to computer advice...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

edited fur spelin
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Hobbit - hope you guys are kidding about lubing mags.

zzxx99 - Sorry to hear about the 'puter.  What did it cost you to get fixed?  Were you using any surge protection?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Geez,I hope y'all know I was joking about the vasoline...

On another note, BookHound how about we post in the GD forum linking back here. I have noticed some GA people posting over there, but possibly not here.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll take care of posting a link.  Good idea.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm game for carpooling with the May'retta gang.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll take care of posting a link.  Good idea.

Let's bump the GD thread a few times. Just for good measure. The more the merrier!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Byte, you're just still trying to hit 1000 posts!  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Mark, I invited W30Olds out He's postin over in GD.  He won't be able to make it but he said he'd be interested in making other shoots.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Vaseline??
Vaseline??

I guess that I'll have to clean all that peanut butter (crunchy) out of my mags before the big day and replace it with Vaseline.

I wish you guys had told me about this before.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Cool, Delta.  The more the merrier!  Too bad he can't make it this time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Guys,
   I regret to inform all of you I will not be able to attend. This Sat. is the monthly IPSC match at Cherokee gun club and I have to attend. I will be competing in the Nationals this year and I need every opportunity to practice and compete. I look forward to the next get together and meeting all of you.

Good shooting,
VSP
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Best of luck at the shoot, VSP.  We'll try planning something next time you can for sure attend.  See ya.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Book, it was a work laptop, zapped via the phone line.  $0 (warranty), all new parts!

Byte n Bradd, carpool email inbound....
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Kick some butt VSP.
Hope you make it to the next one.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Book, it was a work laptop, zapped via the phone line.  $0 (warranty), all new parts!

Byte n Bradd, carpool email inbound....

Aren't work laptops the best!!

Email recieved and replied to.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Uhh, I don't suppose anyone here has any, ahem, traffic signs? Not that I would condone theft of any kind. Would you know if they make any noise when hit with a .223 at say, oh, 100 yards? That armored target at the FOP was great and the 'ping' was the biz-omb!! I knew someone once that had a nice collection but he left them when he moved a while back. If a sign or two showed up at the shoot I know someone that would like to shoot at them. I could bring some paint to help disguise them too.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey, Byte.  Ask GAcop.  Maybe he could help ya.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
the biz-omb!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That would be the shiz-nit...know what'm sayin'?  Dat would be off da chain!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top