Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 4:01:05 PM EDT
Looking for a place to hunt hogs.  

Anyone ever hunt thus game lands?   Any hogs in there?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you read the regs on hog hunting on gamelands...it is different from hunting hogs on private land.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I live right down the road from there, and have hunted it quite a bit, but never seen hogs there. I know there's talk of a few groups of hogs at the end of the peninsula that North River GL is on, but the ones there are mostly on Private Land from what I've been told, and the locals keep them managed, and to themselves, and don't allow anyone else to hunt them. I've also heard they have a problem with hogs out in the corolla area, but haven't ever been able to find much info about them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The Corolla hogs are from back Bay nwr and false cape state park in VA.    I talked to the ranger there a few months back. He said they have trapped most of them out.  This year was the first in probably 20+ years they did not have a hog and deer hunt in the parks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top