Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2017 8:07:51 AM EDT
I've hunted there before (like 20 years ago) with an idiot from work that had 30-30 shells in his 35 Remington that day  He actually had a decent spot but we did runt into a couple other hunters.

Anyway... for those that may know is hunting there possible being a public forest and all?

Im searching on Google terrain maps and looking for potential spots to hunt. The places I've picked are over a mile off any road so to keep down any chance of running into other hunters. 

What y'all think?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I killed an 8 pointer that according to the people at the outpost on 109 was a monster deer for being on game land my buddy also kill a doe in the same area that day. I have hunted all over Uwharrie and the area off of forest service rd 553  near Dutch bowl is the only place my friend and I have had any luck
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I killed an 8 pointer that according to the people at the outpost on 109 was a monster deer for being on game land my buddy also kill a doe in the same area that day. I have hunted all over Uwharrie and the area off of forest service rd 553  near Dutch bowl is the only place my friend and I have had any luck
View Quote
Looking at Google maps with terrain on I can see hwy that is a good spot. 

Dutch Bowl
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The place I killed my deer was just  above the F.S. Rd on the left I walked down a 4x4 trail about 50 yards and turned left to go up the hill. After a short climb up hill it levels off and isn't to bad and there are lots of places to hunt from the ground or in a tree up there. The buck I killed was chasing a group of does and he ran them right over my friend who was able to get one. There is a guy just down 109 from the outpost that butchers deer he is known as spooks he seems like a good guy. I killed my deer on the first day of a 3 day hunt and he skinned quartered and kept my deer in his freezer until I was headed home for 20 or 25 bucks. I don't remember exactly where his place is but I think it is at the end of the road that goes past Uwharrie stables I am sure the folks at the outpost can tell you where he is at since that is how I found him.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The place I killed my deer was just  above the F.S. Rd on the left I walked down a 4x4 trail about 50 yards and turned left to go up the hill. After a short climb up hill it levels off and isn't to bad and there are lots of places to hunt from the ground or in a tree up there. The buck I killed was chasing a group of does and he ran them right over my friend who was able to get one. There is a guy just down 109 from the outpost that butchers deer he is known as spooks he seems like a good guy. I killed my deer on the first day of a 3 day hunt and he skinned quartered and kept my deer in his freezer until I was headed home for 20 or 25 bucks. I don't remember exactly where his place is but I think it is at the end of the road that goes past Uwharrie stables I am sure the folks at the outpost can tell you where he is at since that is how I found him.
View Quote
Cool, I will ask around. 

Ill probably go scout a few areas before the season opens to give me more options 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#5]
As I used to run Robin Sage around Uwharrie will say the deer are there.  When scouting look for food sources, routes, choke points and bedding areas.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top