Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2017 7:29:56 PM EDT
Got a hunt lease 10 miles or so West of Ellerbe. Spend a lotta time walking in the woods there. Always wear snake boots as much for the excellent support as for the protection. They hold up to those wonderful sawtooth briars that are so very prolific there as well.
Only problem being they never seem to stay waterproof very long. Been wearing Danner Pronghorns for years cause they fit so well, but gettin tired of wet feet.
The soft boots get chewed by the briars pretty quick and don't seem to offer as much support.
What snakebootish footwear have y'all been using that stays waterproof and comfortable?
Not too concerned about cost if they're comfortable and perform. Thanks..  d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Would wearing SealsSkinz water proof socks with your boots work?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Never thought about that. Checked. Don't have a clue what a "Helicase Sock Ring" is and $58 to find out.
Hmmmmmm.. Anybody tried that wanna witness? Sounds reasonable enough.  Jake..
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never thought about that. Checked. Don't have a clue what a "Helicase Sock Ring" is and $58 to find out.
Hmmmmmm.. Anybody tried that wanna witness? Sounds reasonable enough.  Jake..
View Quote
Me neither, you sounded like you had money, so I figured you could be the guinea pig 
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't say about all that money, but...
I've got 2 pair of the Danner's that'r pretty much "shells" at this point.
Might be worth a shot to extract that last bit'o'use out of'em.  d;^)  Jake..

ETA- The Helicase sock ring does the same job as the safety pins on my other socks. Sans the holes, I guess.
At $58 a pair I wouldn't see having enough around to cause much cornfusion in the dryer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top