Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2017 5:17:37 PM EDT
Hello

For what I read online my Connecticut permit is accepted in North Carolina. It looks like there's duty to inform an officer of your permit and or carrying.

What about restaurants that serve alcohol?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You're go to go as long as you don't consume any alcohol .  NC has a 0 BAC while carrying concealed
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
you are only required to notify IF you are carrying if you aren't they is nothing to notify about.

§ 14-415.11.  Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.

(a)        Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law. The person shall carry the permit together with valid identification whenever the person is carrying a concealed handgun, shall disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person holds a valid permit and is carrying a concealed handgun when approached or addressed by the officer, and shall display both the permit and the proper identification upon the request of a law enforcement officer. In addition to these requirements, a military permittee whose permit has expired during deployment may carry a concealed handgun during the 90 days following the end of deployment and before the permit is renewed provided the permittee also displays proof of deployment to any law enforcement officer.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Question, I am moving to NC next week. I renewed my WV carry permit in August of last year. permits are good for five years here.
How soon do I need to apply for a NC carry permit? Is my WV permit good while waiting for NC permit?once I am no longer a WV resident?
One last question do I need to start from square one or is the back checks from WV valid in NC?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I survived my trip.

I didn't even have to blade at the local ayay Bodega
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question, I am moving to NC next week. I renewed my WV carry permit in August of last year. permits are good for five years here.
How soon do I need to apply for a NC carry permit? Is my WV permit good while waiting for NC permit?once I am no longer a WV resident?
One last question do I need to start from square one or is the back checks from WV valid in NC?
Thanks in advance
View Quote
First, you need to find out if WV considers your WV permit valid once you move out of state and have a change of address. If they do then your good to go until your permit expires. Some states do cover moves out of state only till the permits expires and others consider it void as soon as the address on file changes.  Find out how soon you have to notify WV of an address change.

As to carry over for NC, nothing carries over. You must take the state required course and you must do the finger prints and background checks. You don't have to be a resident to take the course but you do have to be one to apply for the permit. Depending on what county the time to get your permit can vary greatly so don't hesitate too long to get things put in.

You'll benefit from taking the course as soon as possible since it covers NC specific laws on carry and the use of deadly force.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top