Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 5:50:15 PM EDT
I'm headed to Charlotte for the Iron Maiden concert on Friday night.  Staying overnight and plan to check out the gun stores in the area, assuming I'm recovered from the previous night's festivities.  Which one's should I hit?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Make a point to stop by Hyatt Gun and Coin on Wilkinson Blvd. it's the largest independently owned gun store in the nation. Right up the road from there is Blackstone, they have a decent selection, but nothing like Hyatt's has, but they are also a range.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be at the Iron Maiden concert too. 
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be at the Iron Maiden concert too. 
View Quote
Right on man, this is a bucket list concert for me.  Been dying to see them for ages.

Thanks for the tip on Hyatt.  I'll check em out regardless.  Hoping they have one of the CZ P10C in stock so I can get a feel for it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Right on man, this is a bucket list concert for me.  Been dying to see them for ages.

Thanks for the tip on Hyatt.  I'll check em out regardless.  Hoping they have one of the CZ P10C in stock so I can get a feel for it.
View Quote
It's been on my list too, I was so bummed I missed Motorhead in Charlotte a few years ago, so I'm determined not to miss any more of my favorite bands if I can help it.  My wife is from Charlotte, and she highly recommends Lupies Cafe for big ass burgers.  And if you see a guy in a "Wolverines" t-shirt, it's probably me!
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's been on my list too, I was so bummed I missed Motorhead in Charlotte a few years ago, so I'm determined not to miss any more of my favorite bands if I can help it.  My wife is from Charlotte, and she highly recommends Lupies Cafe for big ass burgers.  And if you see a guy in a "Wolverines" t-shirt, it's probably me!
View Quote
Wolverines as in University of Michigan? If so, Go Blue!!  The Lupies in Huntersville that I used to go to closed down not too long ago, but if their burgers are the same as the ones at the main location, they aren't all that special. I got a burger there last time I went and was not impressed at all. Their wings are good though, I need to go back out there, it's been many years since I've been to the original location.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, go to Hyatt's.
Especially if you want to pay 30% more for everything and get talked down to like a child by the staff.
View Quote
If he's just going to look it's no big deal, but I agree they are very overpriced in store, but their online prices are reasonable, so I just buy online and pick up in store. But if I'm going there, it's usually to see my best friend who is one of the gunsmiths there, he always let's me check out all the new fun stuff they get in.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File
This Wolverines shirt..
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Carolina Sporting Arms typically has just about any gun you could want.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll look for ya!  I'm gonna snag a shirt before the show and trash the one I'm wearing so I can another face in the crowd with a Maiden shirt on.  About to get on the road here in a few.  Waze is telling me about 5.5 hours to get there.  I won't be buying anything since I'm outta state but I really want to see if this CZ P10C is my next purchase or not.  It's on the short list for now.  Can't wait to see Bruce and the boys do their thing!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I live down the road from hayats and have yet to set foot in there. the horror stories keep me away for the most part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top