Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/25/2017 1:50:48 PM EDT
Alright, tomorrow's the day! I'll run down the 5 W's one more time.
Tomorrow, 7 Oct at the Craven Co. Law Enforcement Officers Association Range.
1895 Spring Garden Rd, New Bern, NC

I'll be there at 0700, and we can start shooting at 0800.
My cell #, 919.201.1792

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything, and I'll see everyone in the morning.

Update, 10 - 04
OK, A lot of folks have I/M'd, asking me what they can, or should, bring. I'm going to start a list of who's bringing what...if you can think of anything to add, that would certainly be welcomed.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS ANYONE HAVING TO BRING ANYTHING, BEING ASKED TO BRING ANYTHING OR FEELING COMPLELLED TO BRING ANYTHING!!!
If you want to bring something...great! If not...great!

Motor05 - Coffee & Donuts, steel & dueling trees, folding table
cviss - "hot dogs and hamburgers, chips..."
2xsl_1998 - "plates, cutlery, and assorted beverages in a cooler (water, various soft drinks)" & "folding plastic tables"
doubleshot00 - "steel and a bunch of toys"

Update, 10 - 03
So we're a few days out, and so far the weather is looking decent...sunny, mid 80's and humid. Also, maybe a good time for a logistics check?
I'm bringing...
- 10 target stands (ms paint below) and enough targets and fiber board backers for a small unit range exercise.
- Staple guns & staples.
- Plenty of foam squishy hearing pro.
- Some steel...One big swinger and a couple of dueling trees.
- Last, but certainly not least, coffee and donuts.
- What am I forgetting?

The range is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, like most ranges. There's a couple of convenience stores a few miles away and a grocery store 10ish miles away, but everyone should bring whatever you think you'll need for the day, obviously.

The closest gun shop is probably 20 or so miles away, if anyone forgets anything.

Again, I'm covering breakfast and for lunch, cviss is bringing hotdogs and hamburgers and 2xsl_1998 is bringing plates, plastic ware and drinks. Anyone want to roger up for chips, ketchup, mustard and stuff for the burgers and dogs?

Update, 09 - 29
So we're about a week out, and everything's still GTG. I'll be at the range that morning around 0700ish for any early-risers that show up. In the spirit of it being a L/E association range, I'll probably stop somewhere and get coffee and donuts for us on my way in...any requests?
I spoke to a local gun shop in Havelock, and they may come out and join us and bring some SBR's and suppressors...we'll see.

The address is;
1895 Spring Garden Rd, New Bern

If anyone has any trouble finding it or needs anything before then, my cell number is 919.201.1792. Cell service is a little sketchy at the range, so if you call and I don't answer just leave a v/m or send a text and I'll call you back.

Update, 09 - 07
Hey guys, now that we're about a month out, I'd like to try to get a head count of who's coming.
I know several said they were coming when we first started talking about this in May, but I'd like to get a good idea of who still plans on coming out.
I've contacted a couple of vendors to gauge their interest in coming out, but still haven't heard anything concrete from them...will keep you posted.
Thanks!

Definite
Motor05
Gun369fighter
cviss (+1)
2xsl_1998
MikeSH (+1?)
Birddog15
doubleshot00
Oh5dee

The range is pretty decent...it has a range house (A) with indoor plumbing, tables and chairs and a kitchen. There's also a covered area outside for weapon's cleaning (B) and a skeet/trap area (C).

There's actually four separate ranges (1, 2, 3 & 4), three of which are separated by berms (thick red lines) not including the skeet/trap area. Anything is welcome to be shot, including all NFA and .50 BMG. (I only mention that as some ranges make an issue of full auto and .50's) And any style of shooting is welcome, shoot & move, etc...as long as we're being safe. Rim-fire, pistols and shotguns can be fired on any of the ranges, while center-fire rifles can only be fired on ranges 3 & 4 (on the map), with distances going out to app. 175-200 yards.

There's also a kitchen and outdoor grills we could use for chow if we have anyone that wants to be a "grill-master" and cook for everybody...I'm not much of a "griller", and I don't think anyone would want me in charge of chow.

Here's a pic of the range and a link to their homepage, if anyone has any questions.
Attachment Attached File

ETA,
Also, I have A LOT of the green E-Silhouette fiber board target backers and even more of the green E-Silhouette target facers that we can use. The fiber board target backers are pretty sturdy and stand up to several hundred rifle and pistol shots, unless you intentionally try to destroy them.
I normally just use 2"x4" stands with 2"x2" sticks/frames...cheap, last forever and are easily replaced. (MS Paint pic below)

Again, I have a lot of the backers and facers if anyone wants to make their own stands and sticks/frames...you're welcome to use as many as you want.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm at Lejeune. Local and definitely interested. My summer is free, so count me in for whatever is needed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Count me in!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested if I don't have back surgery in the next month.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
IN!  As I usually go the NC HTF shoot in Pageland.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Those of you that are in, does any particular date work better than others?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm up for it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those of you that are in, does any particular date work better than others?
View Quote
I can pretty much make any date work with enough lead time, so no real preference on my end.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Any weekend works for me. I just hope it's not in August when its 100 degrees out. I shoot much less in the summer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm of the same mindset as doubleshot...I'd prefer to do it when it's not a hundred degrees out also.
I know it's several months away, but would anyone be opposed to waiting until Sep-Oct?
It would be much cooler then and would give us more time to get others interested and stuff.
How about Sat, Oct 7th...Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
That date works for me!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't ever do fall shoots due to hunting season.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I can do pretty much any date so whatever you guys want is good for me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I can pretty much do any date, as long as we got a lil' heads up. Count me in. 
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#15]
New NC residents here, we are on Topsail island, we'd love to join in. We'd prefer a bit cooler weather,  so September or October would be better for us.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I will be having back surgery the 8th or 9th so I'm going to be out unless it's after the end of July.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:04:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I have interest. Need to confirm it on the calendar but if I'm free I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#18]
That sounds like fun.  It's under two hours from me, so I can do it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That sounds like fun.  It's under two hours from me, so I can do it.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
2 for me..
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]
count me in...........................
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I won't be able to make it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm about 2 hours from that range, is this open to anyone or?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm about 2 hours from that range, is this open to anyone or?
View Quote
Absolutely, come on out!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#29]
One definitely and possibly two if the wife can make it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Just one in my group.  But, I am going to bring some cool stuff!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#31]
So we're about a week out, and everything's still GTG. I'll be at the range that morning around 0700ish for any early-risers that show up. In the spirit of it being a L/E association range, I'll probably stop somewhere and get coffee and donuts for us on my way in...any requests?
I spoke to a local gun shop in Havelock, and they may come out and join us and bring some SBR's and suppressors...we'll see.

The address is;

If anyone has any trouble finding it or needs anything before then, my cell number is 919.201.1792. Cell service is a little sketchy at the range, so if you call and I don't answer just leave a v/m or send a text and I'll call you back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Motor

I can meet you before the weekend and pitch in some money..for donuts and coffee..

as part of the spirit of thanking you for your service ..

If so ill be back in NC on Wednesday of this coming week.

Quoted:

The address is;

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Is tannerite allowed?  What time is everyone coming out. I don't want to be the only one there at 8 am.

Im going to check with the wife tonight to see if we have any plans for next weekend as I never plan anything till about a week out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Motor

I can meet you before the weekend and pitch in some money..for donuts and coffee..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Motor

No man, I'll get it...thanks though!

Is tannerite allowed? What time is everyone coming out. I don't want to be the only one there at 8 am.
Sorry man, no tannerite...range rules, not mine. I love the stuff!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Ill be there. Its about 2 hours from my house but ill come till about lunch time.

Anything particularly we need to bring?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Any steel targets?  Paper can be really boring. I have steel if we need to bring any.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ill be there. Its about 2 hours from my house but ill come till about lunch time.

Anything particularly we need to bring?

Any steel targets? Paper can be really boring. I have steel if we need to bring any.
View Quote
Awesome man, I'm glad you're going to make it!

The only thing I can think of is targets and if anyone has target stands or wants to make some of the ones above. Their target system pretty much sucks.

I have one steel target that anyone is welcome to use, and you're certainly welcome to bring more.
ETA, I just realized I think you were asking if the range has any steel...that would be a big fat "no". So, yeah, if you want to shoot steel, you'll need to bring it.
Sorry man.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Ok ill bring steel and a bunch of toys.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Since Coffee and Donuts are covered...

I'm up for bringing hot dogs and hamburgers, chips...

Ill need some input guys of what kind you guys want..
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ill need some input guys of what kind you guys want..
View Quote
@cviss once we meet you'll realize I ain't too picky!  

I'll bring some plates, cutlery, and assorted beverages in a cooler (water, various soft drinks).   I know @motor05 will have a few drums of mountain dew as well, lol.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@cviss once we meet you'll realize I ain't too picky!  

I'll bring some plates, cutlery, and assorted beverages in a cooler (water, various soft drinks).   I know @motor05 will have a few drums of mountain dew as well, lol.
View Quote
Diet mountain dew, but, yeah...you know me well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Most shooters are not picky that I have run into over the years.. The common bond of shooting makes us a unique breed..
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Too late to RSVP?  Any fees to pay/anything to bring to help out?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Too late to RSVP?  Any fees to pay/anything to bring to help out?
View Quote
Not at all, come on out! And no need to RSVP, I just wanted a rough headcount for logistical purposes...like coffee and donuts.
No fees, just bring guns, ammo and anything you can't live without for the day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Im heading from Brunswick county if anyone wants to hitch a ride. Im going to leave around 6 and will be leaving around lunchtime.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone been to the hometown shoot before at Take Aim?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#46]
In.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Update in OP, 10 - 03

Quoted:

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone been to the hometown shoot before at Take Aim?
View Quote
Likewise. I've only met a couple guys from the board, but look forward to seeing everyone this wknd.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:51:29 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll toss a couple of those folding plastic tables in the truck to bring over.  May not need them but it can't hurt to have them just in case.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll toss a couple of those folding plastic tables in the truck to bring over.  May not need them but it can't hurt to have them just in case.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks! I have one I can bring as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How far is it from parking to the actual shooting area?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top