Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2010 6:05:49 AM EDT
Just an FYI for all of you that shoot there.  Philson's closed on the 17th of August for much needed repairs.    That sucks - BUT it should be nice when it reopens.  Maybe, just maybe - people will take care of it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Any news on when will it be open again?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Drove down from Spartanburg to shoot this morning, and saw the notice on the gate. Oh well...

As for people taking care of the range? If my last trip down there is any indication, FAT CHANCE. The trash container area looked like someone backed a garbage truck up to it and just dumped it, and the range itself was almost as bad.

Why in the hell people refuse to carry their trash out with them if the cans are full is beyond me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It's because most of us are lazy and inconsiderate of others!  It is rare that I ever see anyone clean up their litter at the range or go pull their targets down when they are done shooting.

Four or five years ago I was shooting there during deer season.  The man (Forestry Rangers?) showed up and called a cease fire.  They asked if we would mind helping them clean up the range and that it would only take a few minutes if everyone pitched in.  Most of us pitched in and maybe fifteen or twenty minutes latr they were gone.

Maybe four years ago my good friend "X" showed up with his stell target he made (some type of cheap .22 spinner).  I told him he shouldn't use that because it is not allowed (read the rules right?).  He used it anyway.  A few minutes later the man showed up and issued him a written warning for not following the rules.

Rant off..
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Any news on this?  Its bee a few weeks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top