Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:36:53 PM EDT
Man what can I say? I have never met a better group of people. The wife and I had a blast and I can't wait for the next one. We just want to say thanks for welcoming us and we hope to see all of you again SOON!

Here is an awesome shot with Jenny (The Pie Queen) behind "Sticky".

Mike_556's son was all over my AK and I tell you nothing will put a smile on your face faster than seeing this kid shoot!

BETA mag dump's KICK ASS!

That's about it, I couldn't stop shooting long enough to get anything else!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Great meeting you today, sorry I couldnt stay longer though.

Next time, lets hope for some warmer weather and less sun for "ginger"

Glad to meet everyone else today too.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
i had a blast (literally)!

can't wait to see the vids of us shootin that M16!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I needed that!

More Pic's!

Samuel
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
oh man that was one of the best times I've had in a long time, great to meet all you guys, and the few girls there too. We gotta do it again.

Get those Lula's yet  UH_SALT_RIFLE? haha

My turn to post pics and movies:

Movies:

Best movie of the bunch, Dsking85's girl firing the FA Smith 9mm

Dsking85 firing the FA M16

Dsking85 firing the FA Smith 9mm:

Me firing the FA M16

FA M16

Me firing an AR with a 458 socom upper

Me firing an HK SL8

Me firing an HK91

Me firing a Keltec PLR-16

Me firing a Kimber 1911

FA Smith 9mm

Pics:

Dsking85's girl with the suppressed 9mm

Dsking85's girl with the suppressed 9mm again

Spooky with the PLR-16 and a Beta C mag

Me firing the Springfield GI

Dsking85 and Dsking85's girl with the M4

Dsking85's girl with the M4

FA AR with .22 conversion

Can someone post the group pic? I didn't get one, when they used my my camera it was on movie mode and this is all I got.
haha

Again a great time and thanks to everyone who let me get some trigger time in with their toys.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Links not working for me.

Is now.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
SLY_C  is a TEASE!

Samuel
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Links not working for me.
GLOCK-23

I think I fixed them, try it again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
But boy was it fun!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
But boy was it fun!!

You got that right, awesome time and awesome people, not one harsh word spoken from anyone the that I heard the entire time I was there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SLY_C  is a TEASE!

Samuel

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
hey sly, the vid of me w/ the M16 isn't workin.  could you send it to me or something?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
hey sly, the vid of me w/ the M16 isn't workin.  could you send it to me or something?

try it now, link was messed up. Thanx again for taking the vids of me and letting me follow you up there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#13]
nm, i got it workin.  you just have to add ~slyc_101 before uwharrie movies in the URL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
nm, i got it workin.  you just have to add ~slyc_101 before uwharrie movies in the URL

yeah i fixed it, but you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Here are a couple group photos:  

Same as above:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/blurrycroppedgrouppic.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/blurrycroppedgrouppic2.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/tent.jpg

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone with the group pics could you send them to me?
Teaguefour"at"triad.rr.com
Thanks.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Anyone with the group pics could you send them to me?
Teaguefour"at"triad.rr.com
Thanks.
GLOCK-23

+1 to that, i'd like a full one.
[email protected]

here's a fun little pic I put togethor of the muzzle flash when I shot Taverndog's Kel-tec PLR-16:

I wish I'd snapped a picture of UH_SALT_RIFLE making his wife load mags, then make her load the truck when he was leaving. hahahaha.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Great time. Thanks U352!

And on a more somber note...
Too bad there were some idiots that had very little regard for safety. For example, who is the tool on the far right in the group photo covering the back row with his pistol? I believe he is the same one I saw load a rifle well behind the firing line. Absolutely brilliant. Thank God nothing did happen but it certainly could have with stupidity like that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a blast. I didn't get to speak to everyone but did converse with a few folks today. All in all a great bunch of folks and some great looking/shooting weapons. really enjoyed watching the S&W76 dumping some brass. A friend that is still kinda new to the shooting world came down with myself and Bgoodman762 and was shocked when we got there and saw all the people shooting(i forgot to mention to him that it was the spring shoot with a bunch of folks from AR15.com), but when all was said and done he was suffering from a case of "perma-grin".All the way home he said that he was so happy about being down there with all of you guys(and gals) and was really happy that he got his scope dialed in on his MAK90(he has bad eyesight, so he has to use optics). He is really learning fast and is very proud to have met the ones of you all that he did get to talk to. He also commented on all of you being a great group of people.

A very wonderful day all the way around from all ends here.

ETA: u352, thanks for supplying the name tags, they made a very nice touch to the day and was great to meet/talk to you(even though it wasn't very much as you were a very busy man).

just wanted to say 2 thumbs up, you did a wonderful job!!!!!!!

thanks and see you all again at the next one

camaro
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Great time. Thanks U352!

Too bad there were some idiots that had very little regard for safety. For example, who is the tool on the far right in the group photo covering the back row with his pistol? I believe he is the same one I saw load a rifle well behind the firing line. Absolutely brilliant. Thank God nothing did happen but it certainly could have with stupidity like that.

Wow dude, that's pretty harsh.  There are better ways to educate people about gun safety than belittling them on a public forum.  It also strikes a little close to home, since it is my Kimber that he is holding.

Just my .02...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, it looks like a good time was had by all, judging by the pictures posted here. I feel a bit of regret for not attending, as it isn't a frequent opportunity. It certainly looks like I missed out.Now, how good was that pie that ol' Big_Cheese missed out on?! Techdude, did you bring the Beowulf out to play this time? I gotta get me one of those.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well, it looks like a good time was had by all, judging by the pictures posted here. I feel a bit of regret for not attending, as it isn't a frequent opportunity. It certainly looks like I missed out.Now, how good was that pie that ol' Big_Cheese missed out on?! Techdude, did you bring the Beowulf out to play this time? I gotta get me one of those.

Yep, you should have shown up.  There was a lot of weaponry there.  I brought the Beowulf, a .458 SOCOM and my PTR-91K.  Full-auto, courtesy of deuce03 was fantastic.

Good eats, great company, but I got sunburned again, dammit!

We missed you, but I'll bet you'll be at the next one!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I'm a damned fool for missing out. But I got an explanation I think ya'll understand. I had a choice to make. I had enough extra cash to either buy ammo and go to Uwharrie, or Buy a schweet target pistol and spend the afternoon plinking with my two sons ( both of whom are growing up too fast!). I opted for the Ruger Mark III target .22 and 525 rounds of .22. We fired at least 400 rounds! My sons are growing up so fast I often wonder if I've paid near enough attention to them. God it seem to have all happened so quick! I was thinking about ya'll all day today though. Maybe I'll bring my boys with me the next gathering. My wife doesn't share our interest in firearms, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm a damned fool for missing out. But I got an explanation I think ya'll understand. I had a choice to make. I had enough extra cash to either buy ammo and go to Uwharrie, or Buy a schweet target pistol and spend the afternoon plinking with my two sons ( both of whom are growing up too fast!). I opted for the Ruger Mark III target .22 and 525 rounds of .22. We fired at least 400 rounds! My sons are growing up so fast I often wonder if I've paid near enough attention to them. God it seem to have all happened so quick! I was thinking about ya'll all day today though. Maybe I'll bring my boys with me the next gathering. My wife doesn't share our interest in firearms, unfortunately.

No doubt, you made the right decision.  Spend all the quality time with them that you can now, they will be grown before you know it.  Ask me how I know...

Bring them along next time, I assure you they will have a blast.  Had it not been an all-day event, my 15 year old son would have been with me today.

Good choice on the Ruger, tho.  I've had one for about 5 years and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.  Did you get the stainless model?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep! it's the Hunter/Target model. I'm not exactly sure why they put target on one side of the receiver and hunter on the other. I guess they wanted their bases covered. It's the one with the cocobolo grip panels, and the fiber optic "Hiviz" sights.

Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt, you made the right decision.  Spend all the quality time with them that you can now, they will be grown before you know it.  Ask me how I know...

Bring them along next time, I assure you they will have a blast.  Had it not been an all-day event, my 15 year old son would have been with me today.

Good choice on the Ruger, tho.  I've had one for about 5 years and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.  Did you get the stainless model?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Guys I would have loved to have been there. I am healing up a knee operation at this moment.  Looks like a blast. Till next time,,,  WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Mike_556's son was all over my AK and I tell you nothing will put a smile on your face faster than seeing this kid shoot!
img384.imageshack.us/img384/8558/dscn15226xf.jpg

Yep, Dylan's a damn good kid.  He couldn't get enough of shooting my M1 when I was home on leave this past December.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#30]
My boys and Uh_SALT_RIFLEs  AK (I think)
Both boys were wore out by the time we got home.
But they went to bed with big ole smiles on their faces.
Thanks everyone for letting my boys and the neighbors kid shoot.
I didn't take to many pics.
GLOCK-23

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Here are a couple group photos:  

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/blurrycroppedgrouppic.jpg

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/blurrycroppedgrouppic2.jpg

i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/tent.jpg

Same as above:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/blurrycroppedgrouppic.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/blurrycroppedgrouppic2.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/btang/tent.jpg

I missed out on the group photo, maybe some can photoshop me in
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Great time. Thanks U352!

That person would be me, there was no mag in it, and my finger was never on the trigger. Those pics must have been one of the first ones taken b/c after it Taverndog turned to me and politely (unlike you) told me what I was doing and I turned the pistol up more. As for rifles, any rifle that I may have loaded behind the firing line never had one in the chamber as I always clear the chamber after I step off the firing line and again never touch the trigger before I get up to it. Needless to say if you saw me doing these supposed things why didn't you say anything to me at the time?

On another note, when I finally did put a mag in it on the firing line it was a sweeeeeeet shooting Kimber 1911.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The pie was good, now the chocolate cheesecake ruled all! I don't think it lasted 20 minutes but the pies lasted a bit longer. We decided next go round to just do cheese cakes!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#35]
We just got home, and man, am I tired. That was an excellent time yesterday, and Dylan was a very lucky kid (again!), many thanks to all of you. I can't wait to see that video of him shooting his first full-auto too!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#36]
For those who did not camp out you missed a good time I stayed warm all night with my cold weather sleeping bag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#37]
It got cold out on that lake real quick when the sun went down, and the crappie and bass waited til then to start biting. Needless to say we hauled @$$ to get back to the launch ramp, which of course made it that much colder!

If it were just me, I'd have been at the base camp--but with the wife and both kids, they're spoiled, and liked that bathroom and shower, and of course the shoreline campsite.

Reflecting on yesterday, when my wife and I were talking, Dylan did make like a lost puppy wandering around a big bbq and everybody giving him something--and everyone was gracious enough to let him shoot their firearms (and some more than once! or twice!!--I reckon he really wanted to ride home with either Ronnie, UH_SALT_RIFLE or GLOCK-23

That boy is ruined now
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got home and wanted to tell everyone thanks for the great time. Yes it was chilly....(freakin cold) in base camp at night..........but it was well worth it.

Thanks everyone and it was a great time.

And now for the PIE !  But the cheesecake ruled. Big thanks.

See you guys and gals next time.

WUFMAN out
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Family events prevented me from coming down and I missed what look to be a great shoot. Glad all went well and everyone came home safe. U352 was kind enough to touch base via an IM to check on me, I really appreciate that U352.

Steve
M-Forgery
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:25:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought I would add a few more pics of the fun.

Trying to bump fire the Kel Tec w/ a BETA mag!

A good shot of Mrs._Uh with some scenic background (a.k.a FULL AUTO!)

This is a good reference pic of how many guns I still need to buy and their quality!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I thought I would add a few more pics of the fun.

This is a good reference pic of how many guns I still need to buy and their quality!
img97.imageshack.us/img97/2317/dscn15297bj.jpg

I always bring too much stuff...  It's actually a PITA, I spent all afternoon yesterday cleaning guns, and I only got the ones that didn't get cleaned on the last trip.  I really enjoy seeing others get to enjoy shooting what I bring.  That makes it worthwhile.

I had a blast, too.  I would like to make this a monthly thing, but I understand that it is a long trip for a lot of you.

I've got a few pics, and a couple of FA vids, but I haven't reviewed them yet.  I'm a sucky photographer/videographer, so if they aren't worth the effort, I won't post them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
For those who did not camp out you missed a good time I stayed warm all night with my cold weather sleeping bag

I need a couple of those.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I swear it was this long

Everyone needs one of these.......may be my next purchase....I really really need one so bad

If you wanna shoot...........you gotta load them mags

Staying warm at basecamp

Spooky with his 5 gallons of brass............he will be busy for awhile
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I swear it was this long
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/WUFMAN/uwharrie18MAR003.jpg

Everyone needs one of these.......may be my next purchase....I really really need one so bad
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/WUFMAN/uwharrie18MAR010.jpg

If you wanna shoot...........you gotta load them mags
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/WUFMAN/uwharrie18MAR022.jpg

Staying warm at basecamp
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/WUFMAN/uwharrie18MAR032.jpg

Spooky with his 5 gallons of brass............he will be busy for awhile
i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/WUFMAN/uwharrie18MAR033.jpg

More like staying cold at basecamp.....  

I need new camping gear.  It was fun though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Guys I would have loved to have been there. I am healing up a knee operation at this moment.  Looks like a blast. Till next time,,,  WarDawg

WarDawg, glad to hear you pulled thru.  We gotta get you back out to the range soon.  I got a bass tourney this Sat., so I'll prbably need to hang close to the house/wife Sunday.  jmzd, Big C and I have done a lot of blasting lately, shoot me an email and I'll round everybody up.  If need be, I'll stop by and pick you up so you can take it as easy as possible.
Give me a hollar!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Sunday morning

My wife staying warm

Our humble hootch

Shooting Sunday Morning

Wife getting comfortable with the 12 gauge

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#47]
One thing about it Ranger..........you were packed up and outta there in like 5 minutes...........it takes me more like an hour.  I need to do some serious downsizing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:14:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#49]
We got there around 8:30am, and there was only a father and son shooting on the 100. Around 9:15, about 5 others had showed up and were shooting the 100 also. We left around 9:30, and two more cars pulled up as we were leaving.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks to all that came and to those that fed us too. I sure had a great time and I hope everyone else did too. It was nice to put some faces to their avatars.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top