Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 8:23:11 AM EDT
Well the fairgrounds show is this weekend and the Shriner's show is the first weekend in April.  I may hit the Shriner's, but last time I went to the fairgrounds was a complete waste of time.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:03:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to the fairgrounds and Jamil...I try to hit every gunshow that comes to Columbia because most of the local gun stores are such rip-offs....Plus I like to look at all the various guns...I'm looking for ammo(who isn't?) and a barrel for my mossburg pump..and maybe a pistol grip for it. I actually like the one at the fairgrounds a little more, there usually are more things to see there. Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to the Fair Grounds show today.  It was pretty good.  I thought $7 admission and $1 to park was a little steep, but oh well.  Didn't buy anything, but got to see some good new stuff.  Got to play with an Aimpoint and Magnifier with the twist off mount.  That was pretty cool.  Handled the new S&W M&P pistols, they seemed nice as did the SA XD45.  Handled a Robinson Armament M96, which seemed pretty cool too.  There was an AR18 too.  I'd never seem either one in person.  And there were a few of the Kahr/Thompson SMGs.  I've always loved those.  I was partial to the GI model with the stick mag on the right hand wall.  I also liked the Rem 870 tacticals and they had s nice Mossberg pump with M4 stock.  It was pretty good.  Wish I had deeper pockets.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I just wanted to post my experience there...there were alot of pretty cool guns there...I saw a couple of .40 cal Smith and Wesson police trade ins from the Alanta PD that I would like to have for a pretty good price : $250.oo  Didn't have enough cash after I did find a barrell and pistol grip for my shotgun. It was a pretty good gunshow...7.62x39 mm ammo is still overpriced and scarce, I saw two vendors selling it for $6.00 a box of 20!! I did find someone selling Chinese copper washed 7.62 on stripper clips for $4.00 so I bought 100 rds..Funny the previous poster should mention the AR-18.. I recently finger-&^%$#@ one of those fine weapons at a local gunshop...it was in excellent condition, and they only wanted if I can remember right $1200.00 for it...I wish I had had that kind of money, I would have bought it. Anyways, the gunshow was pretty cool.. I did notice alot more females there than usual, a nice thing to see.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey did anyone else see the Bushnell ACOG clone?  Saw it walking past one of the booths.  If going from front to back it was on the left side of the aisle, first booth, around the middle rows.  They also had some thigh holsters and mag rigs in black and camo at the same booth.  The thigh rigs were about $20 bucks and were by UTG (under the gun).  I was wondering if any one had seen the ACOG clone before, any info?  Reticle would illuminate in red or green, via rheostat on left side.  Might be fun for Sh&% and Giggles...

-Hershey
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody else see the $1300 USGI M1 carbines? Or how about the nice Rock-Ola toward the back someone put a Monte Carlo stock and cheap scope on?
I only saw one XD45 there, and he had it tagged for $549 if I recall correctly.
Not as many Garands as they usually have.
I was looking for a deal on a Walther PPK in .380. Only found one, and he wanted $450 for it. I passed.

Not the best show I've been to. I prefer the one at Jamil Temple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top