Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 5:44:57 PM EDT
I've hear that you can't carry a handgun loaded in a vehicle unless your CCW. I found two deputy serrifs cars in a parking lot on the way to the range so I stopped and asked them. I told them I had it on my belt and it was loaded would I have any problems? They told me as long as it was registered it would be allright. So which is correct?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]

registered

the key word.  

I don't know about anyone else here, but I for damn sure aint approaching in a proffesional manner and anouncing that I have a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If you dont have a ccw permit, the weapon must be in plain sight when an officer approaches the vehicle. If you have a CCW perit, you must inform the officer of the weapon when he approaches you
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They told me as long as it was registered it would be allright

6.Do my guns have to be registered with the sheriff or police department where I live?

Answer:Except as to the requirement to lawfully possess a machine gun under G.S. 14-409, North Carolina does not require other types of firearms to be registered with the Sheriff or Police Department. The only type of "registration" requirement is that a purchaser or receiver of a pistol must first obtain a pistol permit, for each pistol, from the Sheriff of the county in which he resides.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Registered is a bad word when I think of it in terms of guns.  sp00ky and NCPatrolAR are correct in terms of the law, but at least for now there is no gun "registration" (that we know of) in NC.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]
If you go to the office of public saftey in Durham and ask about handgun registration the answer will be Yes, it is required. Then ask with whom is this process carried out? You will get a deer in the headlights look (at least I did). They didn't know where or how it was done, but were sure that it was required. Not suprising in the least.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I never asked anyone if it had to be registerd because I knew it did. This is what you get when you go to the 4th floor of the Durham court house.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Awww, hhhheeeellllll naw...my sheriff may not sign off on class III, but daaayyuuummmm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top