Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:08:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 11:28:51 AM EDT by Marineshooter]
Just joined the board after my wife bought for me a GP/WASR 10 and a slant muzzle brake at last week's gun show in Greenville.
The rifle she purchased has a barrel nut (I assume threaded) which has a pin and solder (or maybe tack weld) located on the underside of the barrel where the nut and FSB meet.
I am really hesitant about grabbing a Dremel and attacking this thing. Does anyone know of a local (Greenville, SC) guy who can/will handle a job this small?
Willing to pay for his time of course.
Thanks in advance.

Not being the most patient soul in the world, I broke out the dremel and a 10" pipe wrench; put 'er in the vise, cut the pin on the underside, and had a go with the pipe wrench. nut popped in half, came off, and no damage to the rest of the weapon. hink
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:40:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:24:25 PM EDT
Thanks. I'm learning as I go with the AK stuff. Trained on the old M-16 A2 (when it was new - how's that for telling my age), shot mostly handguns and some CAS after I got out. Never minded attacking a 100.00 cap and ball revolver with whatever tools were at hand, but was hesitant about screwing up the rifle.
This is my first AK and I love it; I've built model cars with more confusing layouts than this weapon. What part of NC are you from? My in-laws are from the Statesville/Troutman area.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:36:39 AM EDT
I re-evilized an Uzi clone recently.

Top Top